Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Juutas Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:37 pm

RantFromRant wrote:it seems like the majority of people here have not played monster hunter, i love those games(psp), ive played unite alone for over 1200 hours, that hundreds of hours more than demon's/dark souls together, that says a lot about the MH franchise. if people are worried about dk2 beign easier think again, going by the MH games im pretty sure its gonna be a lot harder than both demon/dark souls.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was absolutely brilliant! goddamn that game is addictive and the combat is superb! I liked that some battle against one monster could take almost an hour and the feeling accomplishment it gave.

Hmmmm....I should play that game again.
    sciicers
    sciicers

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by sciicers Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:41 pm

hi, i just created this account here
    what i gathered from the trailer and the infos so far is that dks 2 will probably have a main hero and the story will be driven around him
    just watch the trailer, he explored areas with a torch, slowly going through there
    were there cutscenes in dark souls like this? at least not this long
    so at least this will change
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:41 pm

I wish monster hunter didn't move to PSP/Nintendo consoles. I remember really liking it back when the first one came out, but i didn't have online for ps2(like a lot of people) and couldn't fully enjoy it. I heard they did an HD release of Freedom Unite for PS3 in Japan, shame we didn't get it.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:42 pm

It's a CGI trailer, not a cutscene. We don't know that much yet. DeS had a CGI trailer too, I think.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:43 pm

sciicers wrote:hi, i just created this account here
    what i gathered from the trailer and the infos so far is that dks 2 will probably have a main hero and the story will be driven around him
    just watch the trailer, he explored areas with a torch, slowly going through there

I HIGHLY doubt they will take out the character designing aspect of the game. I just do not see that happening, it doesn't make sense.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:45 pm

RantFromRant wrote:it seems like the majority of people here have not played monster hunter, i love those games(psp), ive played unite alone for over 1200 hours, that hundreds of hours more than demon's/dark souls together, that says a lot about the MH franchise. if people are worried about dk2 beign easier think again, going by the MH games im pretty sure its gonna be a lot harder than both demon/dark souls.

I have played the MH games - yet I am one of he few whom despised those games - not due to difficulty... That was fine, I just despised its whole concept etc; Truth be told I wasn't a fan of the combat either.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm actually a fan of the Monster Hunter games I have played, except Tri. I've just never really gotten into them since I'm a real cheapskate. But I don't want Monster Hunter out of Dark Souls, they're two separate similar good games. But thematically they are completely different.

However it's not so much that I think it will be more like Monster Hunter, it's Mr. Myazaki not being as important to the development more that has me worried.
    sciicers
    sciicers

Post by sciicers Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:46 pm

i didnt say that, you could create a character in skyrim or dragons dogma too right?
    just that the story will be more centered about your hero like in those games
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:48 pm

I loved the trailer, more every time I replay it.

I think the trailer did exactly what it needs to from a developer point of view. It's just a teaser trailer, to get people to notice especially new people that don't know the series. It's mostly just eye candy and not necessarily representative of the game.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:48 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:

I HIGHLY doubt they will take out the character designing aspect of the game. I just do not see that happening, it doesn't make sense.

Seconded.

It would just be bad move looking from any point of view. I think the knight we see in that CGI trailer is like the elite knight for Dark Souls...kinda like a mascot to give face to the game.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:48 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:

Souls games usually have one central character in their trailers who is representing the player. Fluted Knight in Demon's Souls. Elite Knight in Dark Souls. The only trailer which didn't do this was the Prepare to Die addition which just showed off the new areas and bosses. I really like the armour design for this one already, hope it's a knight or paladin set or something.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Tolvo wrote:

However it's not so much that I think it will be more like Monster Hunter, it's Mr. Myazaki not being as important to the development more that has me worried.

These are my feelings - I feel that without the importance of the godfather of this series being removed that it will corrupt the game series and result in a less... Souls-esque game coming from it.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Was there any reason given as to why he has taken a back seat role this time?

I agree with your feeling of uneasiness, Tolvo. I am thinking about 343's recent Halo rendition that totally turned me off, but everyone else apparently loved. In the end though, I think it is safe to trust FROM and these Monster Hunter guys sound like the right guys to take over if anybody is, and if it does end up as a soup-sandwich, oh well, we still got DKS1.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:50 pm

sciicers wrote:i didnt say that, you could create a character in skyrim or dragons dogma too right?
    just that the story will be more centered about your hero like in those games

Ah ok, i guess i can see that. Technically both Demon's/Dark had that too though, you were playing as the chosen ones. I do wonder if they will have a lot more NPCs, something tells me from the desolate looking areas of the trailer that wont be the case. Can't say i would hate that though, i just hope there aren't typical fetch quests. Dark Souls and Demon's technically had quests, just something felt very different about them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Demon's you weren't play as a Chosen one from what I remember, you were just a really good Demon Slayer. Dark it's still debatable if you are a chosen one, or just a guy who fit the description.

One thing to note though that people probably have about the trailer, the main Knight. His attire has aspects of Gwyn mixed in with him.
    sciicers
    sciicers

Post by sciicers Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:54 pm

also it looks like the woman in the trailer could be the lover of the hero
    i really hope this is not the case, i never like lovestorys in my games

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Losing the original designers isn't always a bad thing, Final Fantasy XII was the best single player Final Fantasy for me since IX and was made by a completely new development team. It keeps fresh ideas coming back into the series.
    At the end of the day when a series keep progressing people drop off the grid and new ones come on, but right now it's too early to comment on anything other than a CGI cutscene.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:56 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:
    carlucio wrote:Acessibility hits the community like a nuke, Souls series are also about helping people and being helped, they are removing it from the next.

You're being argumentative and touting your speculations as facts. Stop it!

The most fantatic human accomplishments were achieved not by better tutorials, but by people helping each other for a common cause, Dark souls is a lone and dark game, but, at the same time, it gives the player a strong sense of community because people are always helping each other ingame or off, can't you see that if they start telling the gamer everything he needs to know, the community would be severily injured?
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:57 pm

I really liked the look of that armor, one thing to point out about it is that it has some loose hanging fabric on it, it's possible that we'll see some armors with physics to allow stuff like that to actually move around realistically.

(Orenstein's Headplume anyone?)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Onion Knight wrote:Losing the original designers isn't always a bad thing, Final Fantasy XII was the best single player Final Fantasy for me since IX and was made by a completely new development team. It keeps fresh ideas coming back into the series.
    At the end of the day when a series keep progressing people drop off the grid and new ones come on, but right now it's too early to comment on anything other than a CGI cutscene.

I can provide the single greatest evidence of why it can be a bad thing.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:58 pm

carlucio wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:
    carlucio wrote:Acessibility hits the community like a nuke, Souls series are also about helping people and being helped, they are removing it from the next.

You're being argumentative and touting your speculations as facts. Stop it!

The most fantatic human accomplishments were achieved not by better tutorials, but by people helping each other for a common cause, Dark souls is a lone and dark game, but, at the same time, it gives the player a strong sense of community because people are always helping each other ingame or off, can't you see that if they start telling the gamer everything he needs to know, the community would be severily injured?
    You deduced that from one CGI cutscene and a developer interview saying that he wanted to help the series become more well renown?
    I'm impressed.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:03 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:

I have played the MH games - yet I am one of he few whom despised those games - not due to difficulty... That was fine, I just despised its whole concept etc; Truth be told I wasn't a fan of the combat either.

you're actually one of the millions that dislike the MH games, MH is like the souls series in the hardcore department, its one of those game that you either love or hate, it doesnt hold your hand at all and its so damn hard and almost impossible to kill some bosses by yourself which i hope they bring some of that to the new dark souls( i want a version of fata!). i think theyre gonna bring some aspects of Mh but ony enough to make it different. how the hell did you not likke the combat? i mean its not perfect but its prettty good. the onlly thing im worried about is that now that they acknowledged the pvp community they NEED to make sure everything is balanced for booth pve and pvp.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:03 pm

You missed the point man (calucio)!

I'm totally in agreement with you about why DKS is awesome, my point is that you are drawing speculations from a CGI trailer, the same kind they had for both previous Souls games, and you seem to already think that your speculations are facts.

Take a gander at this:

"HawkMirage and 9 more Reply
    Never played the other one, heard great things about it. Should I go back and try to play it? And what platforms is this one gonna be on?

Astrokid248 and 8 more Reply
    I've never heard of Dark Souls, but the knight looks like medieval Boba Fett. I'm gonna go get the first game now."

These are comments from some news site that was hosting the trailer. THIS was the point of the trailer, to get people interested.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:14 pm

To compare, this was Demon's Souls CGI trailer. It makes it look like the Dragon God was the Old One, and doesn't have much to do with anything, beyond that.

Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:14 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:You missed the point man (calucio)!

I'm totally in agreement with you about why DKS is awesome, my point is that you are drawing speculations from a CGI trailer, the same kind they had for both previous Souls games, and you seem to already think that your speculations are facts.

Take a gander at this:

"HawkMirage and 9 more Reply
    Never played the other one, heard great things about it. Should I go back and try to play it? And what platforms is this one gonna be on?

Astrokid248 and 8 more Reply
    I've never heard of Dark Souls, but the knight looks like medieval Boba Fett. I'm gonna go get the first game now."

These are comments from some news site that was hosting the trailer. THIS was the point of the trailer, to get people interested.

*runs off to make a griefing build*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am