Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
XachAttack
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
fearandwhiskey
ChizFreak
Automancer
Emergence
cloudyeki
Soris Ice Goldwing
T-King-667
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Carphil
steveswede
Seignar
Baal-Avatar
BackwardsBaboon
RANT
Phoenix Rising
reim0027
StarScarJenova
CaligoIllioneus
Noob-of-Artorias
Jester's Tears
User
FruitPunchNinja
dianaduh
Darksomething56
The Letter X
russiannightmare
Krasouski
AquaZeroX26
37 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 5 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:33 am

And they're producing this as well. So calm yourself and don't get dragged into the hype current, lest you drown in the riptide of fans or smashed against the rocks of disappointment.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 5 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

Post by steveswede Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:35 am

What's with the fear with Namco involvement? Do they have a history of dumbing down games? Sure we have an industry where alot of games do get dumbed down but remember that Namco were the ones that put out all the trailers on about dying all the time. Given their history with the Soul series I think it's safe to say the game is in good hands.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:37 am

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dark-souls-ii-announced/

Related article....thought i would share...
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:38 am

Automancer wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:I just wanted to say that in the trailer at 0:53 we can see a knight, kneeling with his sword, and you can clearly see is Gwyn, because he is holding the GreatLord GreatSword. When I finish processing and uploading the video I will make an analysis.

That's the traler character, not Gwyn. Notice the difference in sword size compared to the GLGS. Way too small. Don't let the hype cloud your senses, bro!

What makes you think Gwyn is not the character of the Trailer? Gwyn is big and maybe the sword looks "standard" in his hands. Don't let hype cloud your senses, bro!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:39 am

New info about Dark Souls 2:

Dark Souls II will continue a legacy of goading its passionate fan
    base with unrelenting challenge and suffering that are considered a
    hallmark of the series; while presenting new devilishly devised
    obstacles for players to overcome. Dark Souls II will be available for
    the PS3, X360 and PCs.

Built upon the foundation established by Souls series creator and
    Dark Souls II Supervisor, Hidetaka Miyazaki with development helmed by
    FromSoftware Director Tomohiro Shibuya, Dark Souls II will feature a new
    hero, a new storyline, and an unfamiliar world for players to survive
    in while delivering its signature brand of unrelenting punishment that
    players hunger for. Epic battles with gruesome enemies and blood-thirsty
    bosses await adventurers as they traverse through a devastated world
    filled with death and despair; only those who are strong willed or
    cunning can survive this journey to achieve great glory. Players seeking
    to share their experience will discover a revamped server-based
    multiplayer mode that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the
    concept of playing with others.

Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing at NAMCO BANDAI Games America said:

“Dark Souls II retains the core essence of Dark Souls while evolving
    to present new twists and challenges that are sure to please longtime
    fans and attract new comers to the series. FromSoftware is going to take
    a very dark path with Dark Souls II; players will need to look deep
    within themselves to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to embark
    on this journey.”

Tomohiro Shibuya, FromSoftware Director on Dark Souls II added:

“This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for
    us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new
    story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts
    with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in
    order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series. The
    entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience
    that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with
    challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with
    new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our
    dark journey.”

More details surrounding Dark Souls II will become available in the months leading to its release.”

So, no release date yet.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:41 am

DoughGuy wrote:Fingers crossed FROM have the balls to pick an ending and make it a sequel rather than running away from player choice and making it a prequel.

Dough from what I, or we know of the lore of Dark Souls, FROM is basically working with a timeline as complex as hand-picking apart a large rug. They can start anywhere and end it anywhere, unless we don't start in Lordran but travel there, or play as someone who is part of Gwyn's army (or a young Gwyn) then only Gwyn's ending is fact and I can't think of anyone else.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:42 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:I just wanted to say that in the trailer at 0:53 we can see a knight, kneeling with his sword, and you can clearly see is Gwyn, because he is holding the GreatLord GreatSword. When I finish processing and uploading the video I will make an analysis.

That's the traler character, not Gwyn. Notice the difference in sword size compared to the GLGS. Way too small. Don't let the hype cloud your senses, bro!

What makes you think Gwyn is not the character of the Trailer? Gwyn is big and maybe the sword looks "standard" in his hands. Don't let hype cloud your senses, bro!

I don't think it is Gwyn, i'm not sure why you do. No offense, read the above article. I think this game won't have as much to do with DkS established characters as we think.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:45 am

Just read the official press release for Dark Souls 2 from Namco Bandai and multiplayer servers are returning for it so no more crazy lag problems.

PRAISE THE SUN!!!!!!!!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:45 am

Well ignore what I said... ChizFreak where and how did you find all that info so fast?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:45 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Fingers crossed FROM have the balls to pick an ending and make it a sequel rather than running away from player choice and making it a prequel.

Dough from what I, or we know of the lore of Dark Souls, FROM is basically working with a timeline as complex as hand-picking apart a large rug. They can start anywhere and end it anywhere, unless we don't start in Lordran but travel there, or play as someone who is part of Gwyn's army (or a young Gwyn) then only Gwyn's ending is fact and I can't think of anyone else.
    I don't quite get what you're getting at. The timeline isnt that complex and both endings of DkS are valid.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:47 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

And of course this comes out when I take a 2 day break from the forum. I am cursed. Look Skyward
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:48 am

@chiz all that stuff doesnt sound goo to me imho.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:50 am

W-wow..that was incredible. As some people are saying, however, let's not get too crazy with stuff. They might even change the title and it might be a totally different universe, so let's keep our heads on straight. Although, from what little information we were given, this could very well be a pre/sequel. Those masks were definently the same mask on that statue that opens the door to Prissy in the Painted World.

*Begins to fangasm and scream like a little girl*

Last edited by XachAttack on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:50 am

russiannightmare wrote:Just read the official press release for Dark Souls 2 from Namco Bandai and multiplayer servers are returning for it so no more crazy lag problems.

PRAISE THE SUN!!!!!!!!

there will always be lag, it might be a little less lag but its not gonna make that much of a difference in pvp.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:51 am

I'm so happy right now. big grin

I love this game and I love our community. Praise the Sun
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:52 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    Automancer wrote:

Dude, you fought Gwyn before right? How does that tiny sword resemble the GLGS?! I know you're excited but damn. Besides, why would you think it ia Gwyn? What makes you believe it's related to DkS? We got nothing but speculations.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:55 am

Awesome find. Good to see some more info and seeing the Dark Souls 2 website is pretty neat.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:57 am

Copyright claim. :mask-averice:

Boo! :x
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 am

Automancer wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    Automancer wrote:

Dude, you fought Gwyn before right? How does that tiny sword resemble the GLGS?! I know you're excited but damn. Besides, why would you think it ia Gwyn? What makes you believe it's related to DkS? We got nothing but speculations.

It has been confirmed this is the trailer of Dark Souls 2.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dark-souls-ii-announced/

http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer

Check my more complete thread with all the extra info we have: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t15387-dark-souls-2-announced-complete-info-first-trailer-custom-wallpaper
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:01 am

Dough I meant the paradox of the people in the game in relation to time. We have Quelana who has lived since the Bed of chaos was made, Logan who is one hundred years old and the DLC which took place before our characters timeline. Unless immortality is possible by being undead the fact that we meet these people who should be dead messes up the flow of time in Lordran at least. In multiplayer I see it as this: we each have a seprate timeline in the game and the orbs and soapstones allow us to enter another's time. Simply put: My Seath may be dead but yours is not.

However your right, both endings are valid but if it's a sequal: How far apart is the ending we chose and the start of Dark Souls 2. Hopes this help because I'm starting to get tired and thinking is getting harder.
    JaffaCakes
    JaffaCakes

Post by JaffaCakes Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:02 am

The dragon in the trailer looks a LOT like Kalameet, he has three eyes, and has the same head type.
    Could it be set around the same time gough was a dragon slayer, because we see that very same dragon flying near Anor Londo!!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:03 am

Ok after watching it a few times, the woman has brown hair so I don't think she's velka. FROM doesn't seeem to place the PC in trailers, but more the mentor figure. The figure's armour resembles Gwyn's, but hmmm, I don't know about that. Regardless I think he'll play the same role as Oscar does in DkS.
    (This is more a "See I was right!" post than a post to argue about silly)

Last edited by DoughGuy on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:03 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    russiannightmare wrote:Just read the official press release for Dark Souls 2 from Namco Bandai and multiplayer servers are returning for it so no more crazy lag problems.

PRAISE THE SUN!!!!!!!!

there will always be lag, it might be a little less lag but its not gonna make that much of a difference in pvp.

True it will never totally go away but no more getting backstabbed from across the screen would be a great improvement IMO
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:13 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Copyright claim. DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 5 4125110524

Boo! :x

I'm uploading my own video but unlisted so we don't get much attention. Will be up in 10 mins. I will edit with the kotaku version that can't be taken down.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:15 am

I uploaded an unlisted video to YT. It got blocked ASAP.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm