Any tips for improving conectivity?

elendanis

Any tips for improving conectivity?

Post by elendanis on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:12 pm

As the title asks..

I have forwarded the recommended ports, but my connectivity is still hit and miss. :C I mean, pc version has been out for a while and this seems to have been an issue for a long time.
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Any tips for improving conectivity?

Post by Rarayn on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:32 am

Connectivity is pretty much always going to be hit and miss in Dark Souls, more so on the PC than the other versions. I'm afraid it's just one of those things we'll have to live with. :/

From what I've read, it seems that even if you forward your ports and so on, other people you try to connect to might not have done the same...And even if they have, there's still a ton of potential issues that can get in the way. (Sometimes friends have tried summoning me, failed, and then just as they're about to give up trying to summon me, it arbitrarily decides to work. It's a fickle thing, DkS online)

Anyway, if you haven't already done so, you could try some of the other tips in this thread and see if any of them works for you. The Steam forums are down for maintenance as I am writing this, but at least you'll have the link when it gets back up. I suspect you might have seen that thread already though.

Nutah

Post by Nutah on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Couple of things that helped me:
    - The usual check your firewall settings blabla
    - Enable UPnP in your router in case it is not.
    - Check your NAT status after you started the game. In the Games for Windows live go to Settings->Network Information. Make sure it is "Open". Any other status might be the cause of your problem. (it was more me)

Nutah

elendanis

Post by elendanis on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Rarayn wrote:Connectivity is pretty much always going to be hit and miss in Dark Souls, more so on the PC than the other versions. I'm afraid it's just one of those things we'll have to live with. :/

From what I've read, it seems that even if you forward your ports and so on, other people you try to connect to might not have done the same...And even if they have, there's still a ton of potential issues that can get in the way. (Sometimes friends have tried summoning me, failed, and then just as they're about to give up trying to summon me, it arbitrarily decides to work. It's a fickle thing, DkS online)

Anyway, if you haven't already done so, you could try some of the other tips in this thread and see if any of them works for you. The Steam forums are down for maintenance as I am writing this, but at least you'll have the link when it gets back up. I suspect you might have seen that thread already though.

I was trying to see if a virtual server hosting program like Hamachi would potentially work, but I don't want to go through the hassle of setting it up if it's a no go, I'm only trying to connect to one specific person, and I was thinking that if we used hamachi, we would have a higher chance of connecting.
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:18 pm

If you are trying to connect to one specific person, have you tried checking his GFWL profile and clicking "Join Session in Progress" or "Invite to Game"? I've found that doing that sometimes helps me connect to specific friends, anyway.

elendanis

Post by elendanis on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Rarayn wrote:If you are trying to connect to one specific person, have you tried checking his GFWL profile and clicking "Join Session in Progress" or "Invite to Game"? I've found that doing that sometimes helps me connect to specific friends, anyway.

I didn't know that worked for dark souls O_o

also I hear that if you establish a connection with a friend one time, it will always connect from then on out without any issues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:20 am