Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Marino.
deadagain
AzureCrow
defacto
Ghadis_God
Rynn
The_Hallion
11 posters

Any chance of further DLC being released?

The_Hallion
    The_Hallion
    Casual
    Casual

Any chance of further DLC being released? Empty Any chance of further DLC being released?

Post by The_Hallion Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:13 pm

I can't see this happening but I'd love it to. Was reading an interview with the creator earlier and there were no hints at more DLC. Has anyone else heard anything to the contrary?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Any chance of further DLC being released? Empty Re: Any chance of further DLC being released?

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 pm

From didn't want any DLC.
    Including the one we already got.
    The_Hallion
    The_Hallion
    Casual
    Casual

Any chance of further DLC being released? Empty Re: Any chance of further DLC being released?

Post by The_Hallion Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

I know, this is odd, in an age where game devs seem to be falling over each other to release more and more content to snare fan's moolah.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Almost certainly not. Hopefully, they're at work on the next game so we can play something really fresh.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Almost certainly not. Hopefully, they're at work on the next game so we can play something really fresh.

Be careful what you wish for.....

The next game could possibly be bad considering all the Any chance of further DLC being released? 1330857165to get casuals to play it. Then it would kill the Dark Souls population and all we'd be left with is a dead good game and a crappy new game. I've seen it happen before.
    The_Hallion
    The_Hallion
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Hallion Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:40 pm

defacto wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Almost certainly not. Hopefully, they're at work on the next game so we can play something really fresh.

Be careful what you wish for.....

The next game could possibly be bad considering all the Any chance of further DLC being released? 1330857165to get casuals to play it. Then it would kill the Dark Souls population and all we'd be left with is a dead good game and a crappy new game. I've seen it happen before.

True, the catering to the casual player could ruin the franchise. Last night I played Ninja Gaiden 3 for the first time at a friend's house. Truly woeful.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:53 pm

It's doubtful that from would release any sort of dlc in the future. It's very likely they only released this dlc because they thought that no one would want to buy a 6+ month old game for the pc, hence the 3 months before systems got it.

Realistically From probably isn't even thinking about dark souls anymore outside of maintaining the status quo with patches to fix graphical errors and glitches but even those are delaying work on the next souls tittle. With next gen systems around the corner I hope they decide to spend more time developing and don't just rush another tittle out. It may be another 2 years until new consoles but frankly I'd love to see a game From spent more than 2 years on.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:26 pm

^this
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:46 pm

I hope not, since the DLC we got was rather lackluster imho .

They should take all the time they need to make the Game the way they actually want so that there is no need for DLC .
    I am willing to wait Coffee!
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 pm

What we'll have to keep in mind is money, making it easier will cause more people to buy it.

I'm in agreement that making it easier would damage it's reputation, but with the funds from making that one single bad one, they can make an even BETTER one.

*Ahem* On topic though, no, I very much doubt there will be more DLC. As someone said before me, From didn't want DLC to begin with.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:21 pm

XachAttack wrote:
    I'm in agreement that making it easier would damage it's reputation, but with the funds from making that one single bad one, they can make an even BETTER one.

Would make sense in the long term yeah .
    But they're not going to do it i highly doubt it . The reason it got so popular was its rewarding experience .
    If you take that away you have a generic Hack n' Slay Diablo sh!t thing .

It would be like ripping the very Heart out of the Souls series and waggling it in our Faces while it still beats weakly spreading some Blood of it on our faces .

But i already settled that the next Souls game is going to be my last Video Game i ever play . After that one i stop playing Video Games altogether happy
    So i dont worry anyway
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:22 pm

i hope not, i want them to work on their next game and i dont even want them wasting time with any more patches.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:44 am

I don't see the new DLC happening, but the next game better come out within 2 years and blow us away.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:49 am

Please don't say "in 2 (or two) years" ._. I'm afraid that From reads this forum, amongst many others, and they'll rush it to please us.

Take all the time you need over there you guys! Take 10 years if you damn well have to!
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:05 am

Nah, no more DLC. New game sounds about right though. Eh boys?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm