Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Spurgun
OrnsteinFanBoy
The Letter X
Sentiel
Rynn
9 posters

How to dark magic?

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

How to dark magic? Empty How to dark magic?

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:26 am

This is how one dark magics!
    Well What is it Prayer Shrug

Ok, so dark magic scales with strength, so two hand the catalyst with 28 strength to reach 40 strength, which is diminishing returns. Now get 10 attunement, and don't be shy of using dark orb; it hits a lot more often.

Hidden body is for if someone else uses pursuers. Simply cast it, run up and dark bead them. Dark Wood Grain Ring for better movement. If all else fails, you have a spear.

Hoo-rah!

Proper Bow
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

How to dark magic? Empty Re: How to dark magic?

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:29 am

With this much HP?
    I'm so glad I always got my bow with me. :mask-averice:
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:34 am

Sentiel wrote:With this much HP?
    Because it's an SL100 build. I'm used to having very small HP values.

Bows don't bother me, I can ninja-flip through the arrows and slam my spear into your head if necessary. Also most bowman let me hit them with Dark Orb because noone uses the spell, so noone learns how to dodge it.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:21 am

I'd never be able to use a build like that, but kudos to you. That would really be scary to fight at SL 100 or lower.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:40 am

Rynn wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:With this much HP?
    Because it's an SL100 build. I'm used to having very small HP values.

Bows don't bother me, I can ninja-flip through the arrows and slam my spear into your head if necessary. Also most bowman let me hit them with Dark Orb because noone uses the spell, so noone learns how to dodge it.
    Yeah that's what everyone does when they see a bow, evade and then rush, or bs. Not that it works on any bow user worth his arrows.

I've had quite a few stubborn guys that wanted to cast something at me, but my arrows in their face kept interrupting them until they died. Composite fires fast enough that it can stunlock you in headshot animation if you're close enough.

Anyway, with that HP, most weapons will OHKO you as well. I understand you're not supposed to get hit, but I already fought some casters with ridiculously low HP and they all died VS Dex build. Perhaps they sucked at it, who knows.

I'm not saying it's a bad build, just...very hard to use and survive with.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:49 am

A glass cannon shouldn't need 50 attunement, 27 would give six spell slots and would allow the build to have a little bit of survivability by dumping the point in to vitality for just over 1000hp.

EDIT:Or it could just run at a lower SL

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:59 am

The link isn't working sad.
    How much hp does the build have?
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:04 am

This isn't aimed just at you by any means Rynn, but do most people enjoy the dark magic builds? I understand, especially in the case of Rynn's build, that there's skill involved in appropriate zoning and avoiding damage but I just don't feel satisfied when my damage comes from tapping R1. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like melee combat is significantly more entertaining to play with than magic.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 am

Here's a repaste Spurgun: http://mmdks.com/ejq

It's got 531 HP.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 am

Spurgun wrote:The link isn't working sad.
    How much hp does the build have?

It has base hp.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 am

Cabjoy wrote:This isn't aimed just at you by any means Rynn, but do most people enjoy the dark magic builds? I understand, especially in the case of Rynn's build, that there's skill involved in appropriate zoning and avoiding damage but I just don't feel satisfied when my damage comes from tapping R1. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like melee combat is significantly more entertaining to play with than magic.
    I find it most entertaining to switch between melee and ranged attacks/spells.

It tends to ruin my opponents tactics and put me in advantegous position, because my opponent can hardly predict my next move.

Additionally, a lot of players tend to underestimate bows and Soul Arrow spells. They are weak in comparison to the rest of the weapons and spells, but they have their perks, like headshot stagger and increased homing.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 am

Here is a tutorial on how to do Dark Magic

But yeah Rynn, you dont need that much Attunment 28 gives you 7 Spell slots which should be more than enough .
    The rest should go to Vit so you have 30 which gives you 1100 HP happy
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:14 pm

With that kind of HP, you might as well put on red tearstone and go full on glass cannon.

Someone could literally run up and fire a GC, and if you don't ninja flip it'll kill you. Actually, most well-put together builds can 1-shot 500ish hp. You could easily die to someone firing a CSS or some such as you fire the orb and just trading hits.

On the plus side if you do go tearstone the lollerdamage is enormous.

This isn't aimed just at you by any means Rynn, but do most people enjoy the dark magic builds? I understand, especially in the case of Rynn's build, that there's skill involved in appropriate zoning and avoiding damage but I just don't feel satisfied when my damage comes from tapping R1. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like melee combat is significantly more entertaining to play with than magic.

You should join the pyro ranks happy. Manual aimed fireballs are very fun, and so is 1-shotting gankers that walk into fire tempest!

Yes, you can no-skill your way to wins with GC (bellowing + crown + PW), but it's more fun to kill people with surge, manual aimed fireballs (at least as skillful as melee), or less conventional pyromancies.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Cabjoy wrote:This isn't aimed just at you by any means Rynn, but do most people enjoy the dark magic builds? I understand, especially in the case of Rynn's build, that there's skill involved in appropriate zoning and avoiding damage but I just don't feel satisfied when my damage comes from tapping R1. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like melee combat is significantly more entertaining to play with than magic.
    It's got the same appeal pyromancy does to me. I like to build pure builds, pure sorcery, pure pyro, pure faith, and pure melee. Having a pure dark sorcerer was just the next obvious step to me.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Yeah that's a fair call. I actually made a pure pyro for low level stuff recently and it was absolutely ridiculous. The damage output was crazy, especially when you're fighting lvl 30-40s! I enjoy pyro more than other magic because I feel more comfortable FB cancelling and manual aiming than WoG dead angling and all that business, but I think I'm just better suited to melee stuff. To each their own, eh?
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 pm

So I'm guessing this build is intended to host or crush 1v3, Just curious why you choose the 1 cast of pursuers, or are you just not planing on using it much, then again your probably just not going to go to Ng++ for pvp in Oolacile...

We have to remember that this is rynn's build for rynn, it's doubtful anything is going to land a single hit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 am