Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Yukon
Carphil
Spurgun
GkMrBane
PlasticandRage
EeAyEss
skarekrow13
RANT
Jester's Tears
Nybbles
Marino.
OrnsteinFanBoy
passivefamiliar
DeltronSeven
DoughGuy
Halicarnassis
Sentiel
Automancer
lalliman
23 posters

Our very first deaths!

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Our very first deaths! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our very first deaths!

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Asylum demon got me for the first death.

More interestingly perhaps is my nature betraying me. I actually found the path to the Burg first and got all the way to the first fog gate no problemo. Even survived the ambushes below with the rubbish and everything. That's when my brain caused some deaths. I think...."fog gate" in Demon's meant new area, boss or something else drastic. Figuring this area was about to get serious I wanted to explore my options. Having poked around firelink I knew there was an elevator down and a small set of ruined buildings near the fire. I decided to see what was down. After the ghosts punked me several times I realized that I couldn't hurt them at all. Then I figured out the transient curse use. Tried one, still got roughed up pretty good. Realized I didn't have a whole lotta curses to work with and said, "let's try those buildings." Found the loot under the elevators and then of course the graveyard. Got jacked up by skeletons and said..."that sucked, but didn't I see some shinies?" Persevered until I had the shinies with suicide runs. Tried to legit fight the skellies again. Realized that while I CAN kill them, it was a huge pain and there were quite a few of them when common sense kicked in....

"Wait, wasn't there a fog door in the Burg?"
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm

I actually made it all the way to the burg on my very first playthrough without dieing. I got to the bonfire, and was farming souls from the two spear dudes. On one run through, however, my skills failed me and I was stabbed 8 times in a row in a matter of 3 seconds.

My thief died very quickly.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:34 pm

I think Havel claimed me for my first death. I didn't buy DkS until it had already been out for a couple months, and I had a friend who had played already and was coaching me a little over the PSN. He warned me to stay away from the Black Knight in the Burg, and I went against his advice and ended up killing it without too much of a problem. So after I told him what happened, and was kind of gloating about it, he warned me to not go through the door that leads down to him until I'd leveled some. So, after the results of disregarding his last piece of advice, of course that's exactly what I did, and we all know how much the rock hates noobs.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:27 pm

I made it all the way to the ceaseless discharge after I rung both bells (didnt know where to go after second bell just assumed Izalith was the next step).

I got there mostly by just using the master key and I was really careful not to die because at the time (never played a souls game) I assumed when you died you started all the way over. So I used alot of Estus luring undead and learning their attack patterns.

when I died i was distraught.. . turned of my game and didnt play for like 2 weeks.

When I started Dark souls I had just got done beating Dead space 2 on its hardest difficulty so I was at the top of my game.

Edit: Please no hate mail because of this. Its true I cant tell you guys how many arrows it took to kill havel. And when I saw an enemy that look tough I avoided them if possible and used super cheap tactics like luring them to their maximum range then killing them.

Last edited by GkMrBane on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:33 pm

I feel of the cliff close to Snuggly.

Oh gravity, thou art a heartless *****
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Firelink hollows.

Killed the first one, aggroed the second one, firebomb to the face and fell to death.

I died a second time triyng to get me bloodstainn too. After that, Taurus demon killed me 10 times before I beat him.

And lets not count upper blighttown...
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:26 pm

I died to the asylum demon fist, I wasn't even trying is whats sad.

I opened the doors walked in looked around the room for items heard him fall behind me and I was like "HAH, been here done this." Poked him to about half health then took a few hits and realized I didn't have "grass" so I kept pecking at him until he finished me.

"Ah well, big deal on to the nexus I go, right?" ... spawns at bonfire outside of door. "WHAT THE STUFF! I actually have to beat him!?" I found the door on my next attempt and ran away like a sissy.

Then I died over and over to skeletons first when my sword did nothing I was like fine whatever I'll look around, found the mace and was sure I would destroy them with the added damage from a BLUNT weapon. To no avail.

Pro tip: Dark souls is not Demons souls.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:42 pm

first was probably asylum demon.
    thing that has killed me the most is gravity. My characters keeps trying to fly for some reason Our very first deaths! - Page 2 2707236321
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 pm

lalliman wrote:
    I'll just start off and shamefully confess that my first was the asylum demon, first encounter. I didn't notice the door to the left right away so i just ran around like an idiot and he smashed me TT_TT
    That actually happened twice before i noticed the door. *facepalm*

Great minds think alike... yours is greater because I believe it took me a few times more than twice to see that stupid door.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:55 pm

I was lucky enough to not die by the Asylum Demon my first playthrough. I was half way down on health and I just started running around before finding the doorway.

My first time, though, was by the crestfallen warrior. I decided to be a bit of a bada** and attack him. I was spawn killed until I decided to give up and make a new character. Look Skyward
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:06 pm

The firelink skeletons
    I walked into the graveyard, saw the loot, got killed by skeletons, repeated for an hour or so, walked out with a ton of loot and souls, my bandits knife smoking and the ground behind me littered with bones

Something similar happened with my first black knight

I was buzzing for a long time after both of those momments
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:17 pm

GrinTwist wrote:My first time, though, was by the crestfallen warrior. I decided to be a bit of a bada** and attack him. I was spawn killed until I decided to give up and make a new character. Look Skyward

Well f*ck. The same thing almost happened to me, cuz while talking to him the first time i accidentally pressed right mouse button and STABBED HIM. Gladly it turned out he's not easily agro'd silly
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 pm

lalliman wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:My first time, though, was by the crestfallen warrior. I decided to be a bit of a bada** and attack him. I was spawn killed until I decided to give up and make a new character. Look Skyward

Well f*ck. The same thing almost happened to me, cuz while talking to him the first time i accidentally pressed right mouse button and STABBED HIM. Gladly it turned out he's not easily agro'd silly

Yeah it is a good thing that as soon as you hit him he doesn't go berserk on you. Just don't keep on hitting him if you don't know how to backstab and parry the whole fight. 🇳🇴
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 pm

reminds me of when i introduced Dark Souls to a friend of mine, he's mostly an FPS kinda guy so i was surprised he agreed to give it a shot.

i coached him through the Asylum and he only died twice, saying that he didn't know what all the hype was about, the game's not that hard … sure buddy, just wait.

so he makes it to Firelink and he's feeling pretty ****. he sees the crestfallen guy sitting there and talks to him. before the initial dialogue is even over he declares how annoying the NPC is and tries to kill him … seriously not a good idea dude.

he gets off a couple hits with his bandit knife (started as a thief), "ha" he says, he's not even fighting back, this game is so easy! well eventually the crestfallen agros and brings on the pain. my friend dies proclaiming w.t.f.! … told you "snicker"

he spawns at the bonfire and there is crestfallen, already hacking him up. he cries "seriously!" and tries to fight him dying three more times before finally running away … dude what ever you do don't go down the elevator.

so he goes down the elevator, crestfallen follows him, of course, so now he's stuck there being raped by crestfallen. somehow he survives and escapes, running right into the ghosts … now this is going to be funny i'm thinking to myself.

"fecking hell!" he's screaming as he tries in vain to escape the ghosts before getting gang banged. so he spawns back at firelink and there is good old mister crestfallen, still agro and still trying to kill him … told you not to attack him.

he quite the game and i suggested he try a new character because it only took him 30 minutes to ruin his first attempt at the game, he wouldn't have any of it, saying that the game was cheap and way to fecking hard.

he never came back. poor guy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 am