Jumping equipement

    Share
    avatar
    SecYess
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Location : Copenhagen

    Jumping equipement

    Post by SecYess on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 pm

    Hi,

    Does anyone else also experience an equipement bug whenever caracters move suddenly or even take a large blow. It happens very often to me and of course always at the worst moment possible.

    It's like this, I turn sharpely or quikly back away and all my equiped weapons, items and spells are jumping ahead to the next one ! Very irritating when you have only one shield equiped and suddenly find yourself defending with your bare hand...

    This happens using joysticks on ps3 controlers...

    Is there any solutions, maybe in some weird options or is it my controler who's dying on me ?? What do you guys think ?

    Thx for your time.
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by PlasticandRage on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:25 pm

    SecYess wrote:Hi,

    Does anyone else also experience an equipement bug whenever caracters move suddenly or even take a large blow. It happens very often to me and of course always at the worst moment possible.

    It's like this, I turn sharpely or quikly back away and all my equiped weapons, items and spells are jumping ahead to the next one ! Very irritating when you have only one shield equiped and suddenly find yourself defending with your bare hand...

    This happens using joysticks on ps3 controlers...

    Is there any solutions, maybe in some weird options or is it my controler who's dying on me ?? What do you guys think ?

    Thx for your time.

    It's only happened to me a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure every time has been in the DLC area when it's been really glitching out. I quit and restarted the game, then turned my controller off and back on and it stopped. Hasn't happened to me since. The few times it did happen though it definitely almost got me killed.

    I assumed it was my controller, as opposed to a game bug, but if it's happening to you also maybe it is related to the game.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    SecYess
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Location : Copenhagen

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by SecYess on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm

    It actualy happens evrywhere, anywhere...

    But I'll give a try to your method. Thx happy
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by PlasticandRage on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm

    You know what it could be? I'm just speculating here, but sometimes if you turn your system on when your controller has a button/joystick direction depressed, when the system starts up it recognizes all the controller contacts as being in their default positions, when they're really not. It might not be noticeable when you're just in the XMB, but then when you load up a game it can continuously react as though that button where being pressed. That could be why it stopped when I restarted my controller. Just a thought.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by GkMrBane on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:43 pm

    its never happened to me on xbox.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by WandererReece on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:44 pm

    My roommate said something similar happens to him a lot. I just thought he was pressing the directional button and didn't know it. I've never had this happen to me.


    _________________
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:49 am

    This just happened to me again. So ironic that the only other time its occurred for me just so happened to be the same day we were discussing it. I was fighting Kalameet with somebody and suddenly, instead of blocking and swinging my zwiehander I was whipping him and punching him with my pyro flame. Awesome timing once again.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by RANT on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:37 am

    its happeneed to me a couple of times and it only happens whenever i make a 360, its weird.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 am

    I think it's my controller. It feels/sounds like something may be wrong with the motion sensor part. After it happened this time I shook my controller a little bit and all 4 directions of the directional pad activated at the same time.

    Controllers these days. They cost you 60 bones and don't last at all. I used to turn my NES off by throwing the controller at it, and I still have it 20 years later, in working order. Both the controller and the system.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by Carphil on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 am

    This happens a lot to me! Sorry I cant read every post right now, but I'm very interested in this thread and tomorrow I'll try to contribute with something.

    By far the worst bug that happenef to me, and in all lordran. Ruins bow and fast itens PVP for me


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by GkMrBane on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 am

    PlasticandRage wrote:I think it's my controller. It feels/sounds like something may be wrong with the motion sensor part. After it happened this time I shook my controller a little bit and all 4 directions of the directional pad activated at the same time.

    Controllers these days. They cost you 60 bones and don't last at all. I used to turn my NES off by throwing the controller at it, and I still have it 20 years later, in working order. Both the controller and the system.

    Xbox 360 controlers last a long time for me. My ps3 controlers dont seem to last half as long.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.

    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 785
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-07-31

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by Nybbles on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 am

    i've had this problem, i replaced my controller and it went away.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by Carphil on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 am

    I was going to create a thread about this...

    I noticed that it only happens when I do fast commands. e.g. rolling too much in PVP or in boss battles. Aside from the action delay, when you press the roll button while you're rolling, and your toon does nothing, but after 3 seconds he rolls, after that he switch every equipment to the next one as OP said.

    Its a pain in the ***

    PlasticandRage wrote:You know what it could be? I'm just speculating here, but sometimes if you turn your system on when your controller has a button/joystick direction depressed, when the system starts up it recognizes all the controller contacts as being in their default positions, when they're really not. It might not be noticeable when you're just in the XMB, but then when you load up a game it can continuously react as though that button where being pressed. That could be why it stopped when I restarted my controller. Just a thought.


    this is a good theory


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm

    GkMrBane wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I think it's my controller. It feels/sounds like something may be wrong with the motion sensor part. After it happened this time I shook my controller a little bit and all 4 directions of the directional pad activated at the same time.

    Controllers these days. They cost you 60 bones and don't last at all. I used to turn my NES off by throwing the controller at it, and I still have it 20 years later, in working order. Both the controller and the system.

    Xbox 360 controlers last a long time for me. My ps3 controlers dont seem to last half as long.

    normal 360 controllers don't have the whole motion sensor thing going on though do they? I've always felt that the sixaxis felt a little flimsy in that regard. The dualshocks are a lot heavier, and feel much more solid.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 171
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-10-29
    Age : 32

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by Conrack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:01 pm

    GkMrBane wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I think it's my controller. It feels/sounds like something may be wrong with the motion sensor part. After it happened this time I shook my controller a little bit and all 4 directions of the directional pad activated at the same time.

    Controllers these days. They cost you 60 bones and don't last at all. I used to turn my NES off by throwing the controller at it, and I still have it 20 years later, in working order. Both the controller and the system.

    Xbox 360 controlers last a long time for me. My ps3 controlers dont seem to last half as long.


    You must have some luck. back when I owned a 360, my controller had constant problems, especially dying when the battery reached half and refusing to turn back on until it was recharged, and several times the left stick sensor failed and nothing happened if I moved it.


    _________________
    Why guard a rock, when I can stand at the foot of an army set to rule the world.
    avatar
    SecYess
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Location : Copenhagen

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by SecYess on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 pm

    Thx for the feedback y'all happy

    Strangely, it didn't happen today. Seems there's some good and bad days.Today was a big horrible lag day though sad

    I guess it makes theory of the unsynced controler plausable...

    Thx again

    Sponsored content

    Re: Jumping equipement

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:19 pm