Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Emergence
TehInfamousAmos
SetaSensei
7 posters

Drift Item page

SetaSensei
    SetaSensei

Drift Item page Empty Drift Item page

Post by SetaSensei Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:56 am

Hi,

I'm completely new in this community. However I've been reading the wiki for quite a moment now.

I've encountered a drift item recently and found out the wiki page was pretty poor and got a few infos to add.

I did a first edit there but I still want to make sure I'm doing things right.

Concerning this sentence :
    It has been reported by players seeing a Drift Item (Vagrant Item) that they increase in power the longer the item stays in the world. [UNCONFIRMED]
    I know for sure that the one in encountered was weak (and I mean really weak). As english isn't my native language, I'm not sure I'll be completely clear about editing the first sentence. Should I add one note below the first one or try to rewrite the first one ?

One other thing : there is no actual screenshots of the enemies ingame. I've got some. It shows that the "evil" mob isn't white as in the artwork but actually black and red as a phantom.
    Should I post one ? Knowing that there's the white "target" circle on the drift item (hitting the F12 key while holding the controller and trying to avoid both the item and a wraith was quite stressing as it was the first time I got in front of the Four Kings door).

Thanks for reading, answering if you do and sorry if my first edit was messy. I hope it wasn't.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Drift Item page Empty Re: Drift Item page

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:04 am

SetaSensei wrote:Hi,

I'm completely new in this community. However I've been reading the wiki for quite a moment now.

I've encountered a drift item recently and found out the wiki page was pretty poor and got a few infos to add.

I did a first edit there but I still want to make sure I'm doing things right.

It has been reported by players seeing a Drift Item (Vagrant Item) that they increase in power the longer the item stays in the world. [UNCONFIRMED]
    I know for sure that the one in encountered was weak (and I mean really weak). As english isn't my native language, I'm not sure I'll be completely clear about editing the first sentence. Should I add one note below the first one or try to rewrite the first one ?

One other thing : there is no actual screenshots of the enemies ingame. I've got some. It shows that the "evil" mob isn't white as in the artwork but actually black and red as a phantom.
    Should I post one ? Knowing that there's the white "target" circle on the drift item (hitting the F12 key while holding the controller and trying to avoid both the item and a wraith was quite stressing as it was the first time I got in front of the Four Kings door).

Thanks for reading, answering if you do and sorry if my first edit was messy. I hope it wasn't.

Don't worry dude - I have gotten a screenshot of the red phantom evil Vagrants, I submitted pictures but I don't think people added them.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:05 pm

What specific info would you like to add to the page? I can help you formatting the sentence in English if you are unsure the exact wording. It seems you are commenting to the rumor that the vagrant will get stronger the longer the item stays in the world.

As far as loading better screenshots, we'd certainly welcome them. Since you are already a wiki member we can get those images uploaded into the wiki's database. From there we can add them to the vagrant page if they are a quality improvement over the ones already there.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Damn it, I pressed the wrong button. :evil:

Thank, you, the two other voters. happy
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:48 am

I don't believe this is the case as I had an evil one in my world and my friend and I played with it for about an hour. After I finally killed it i only got a few souls and one item humanity sad
    SetaSensei
    SetaSensei

Post by SetaSensei Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:13 am

Thanks everyone for your answers.

@Emergence : I wanted to edit the sentence I quoted, confirming that there can be really weak drift items. But on second thought and after reading hey its andres' answer, I don't think that's gonna be relevant.

I'll upload the image today then. After editing it a bit. I don't think showing my character will be relevant for the page.

hey its andres wrote:

I don't believe this is the case as I had an evil one in my world and my friend and I played with it for about an hour. After I finally killed it i only got a few souls and one item humanity sad

So the humanity drop is confirmed. However, it can drop only one humanity.
    I see this enemy is still a mystery.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:38 am

The one humanity drop was a bit of a let down after hearing rumors of +10humanity and/or 20k souls.
    SetaSensei
    SetaSensei

Post by SetaSensei Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:30 am

This may confirm the link between the bloodstain and the drift item's drop.

Is there any way to experiment ?

From what I recall, I lost my human form and 1 or 2 humanities in the zone the day before I met the drift item. I don't recall getting the bloodstain back. I think I died on my trip back, overhelmed by the ghosts. I wasn't carrying much souls either (<1000).
    Could it be my bloodstain that created that vagrant ?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:36 am

It may be. Vagrants are still a very mysterious species an who knows what truly triggers them and for who. If it helps anyone the vagrant I found was in "evil" form and was behind the balder knight in Sen's Fortress across from the cage shortcut (near the top).
    SetaSensei
    SetaSensei

Post by SetaSensei Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:03 am

Back on this topic (you may think I'm obsessed with it).

I've started a new run yesterday evening (NG, not NG+) and came across two vagrant in an hour or so.
    The first one was near the Sun Bros' altar, just where you pray to join the covenant, the second one was in the Lower Undead Burg, behind the door where the first undead assassin you encounter lies.

Despite the fact that their appearance rate seem quite high, they all dropped the same thing : 100 souls and 1 twin humanity.
    Of course, a sunday evening means more players than during the week. And many newbies having tough times with the red dragon (whose name I've forgotten) and the undead assassins, leading them to rage quit during the week end. Leaving their bloodstain.
    But losing a lot of humanity ? From what I remember during my first run, I kept all my consumables humanities and didn't have that much active ones.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:59 pm

I know the page has been updated to reflect this, but incase anyone is reading this:

-Evil (White) Vagrants always drop 1 humanity.
    -Evil (Red) Vagrants always drop 1 twin humanity.
    -Good (White) Vagrants drop other various consumable items.
    -Good (Red) Vagrants drop other various consumable items.

Confirmed drops for the Good (Red) Vagrants so far are:
    -Purging Stone
    -Large Soul of a Nameless Soldier
    -Gold Pine Resin

The wiki here currently lists a couple other drops for the good vagrants, but fails to specify if they belonged to the white or red ones specifically. It's not yet known if they have their own drops, but I'm guessing they do since the evil vagrants have a different drop based on their color.

If the good vagrant drops are tied to the area (also currently unknown), the purging stone I know of was found in New Londo Ruins, the Large Souls of a Nameless Soldier I know of was found in the Duke's Archives, and the Gold Pine Resin I know of was found in Darkroot Forest.

The number of souls dropped seems to be dependent on the souls of the bloodstain...
    I'm almost 100% positive this is false. All vagrant types only drop 100 souls in regular NG. No more, no less.

Evidence:
    Evil (Red) Vagrant drops 100.
    Evil (White) Vagrant drops 100 (13:30 in).
    Evil (White) Vagrant drops 100.
    Evil (Red) Vagrant drops 121 with overkill bonus.
    Evil (Red) Vagrant drops 121 with overkill bonus.
    Evil (White) Vagrant drops 121 with overkill bonus.
    Evil (White) Vagrant drops 121 with overkill bonus.

Good (Red) Vagrant drops 100.
    ^Note that this is the ONLY clip I've found on the entire internets documenting the killing of a good vagrant. And you can't see it in this 'highlighted' clip, but it dropped a purging stone if you find the video for the complete recorded stream.

The only example I've seen of one dropping 250 souls, but it was in NG+7

Last edited by retro on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added link to video of good vagrant being killed.)
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:08 pm

I edited the wiki to reflect that evidence on souls gained, thanks for the links Retro!
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Np! Thanks for making the update!

I've been bookmarking every screenshot I come across of vagrants and watching youtube clips in the hopes I can learn a bit more about them. I would really love to know all of the possible drops from good vagrants... happy
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:23 pm

That's the beauty of this game; it's a treasure trove of all these rare curiosities. Turns us all into explorers. silly
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Another good one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=v3tK21hYwCk#t=250s

This video have some very good close-ups. You can see that the dark matter inside looks completely stationary (like a compass), while the shell and limbs move freely around it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXTtQox19D8
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:22 pm

ublug wrote:Another good one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=v3tK21hYwCk#t=250s
    That's excellent, thanks for finding that. That's now the only video I've seen so far on youtube of a good vagrant kill, showing their drop.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 am