One last understanding question :D

Fckthwrld

One last understanding question :D

Post by Fckthwrld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 am

I really made my mind on how to play my charackter yesterday, so i upgradet my weapons at the smith yesterday and im pretty sattisfied by this now. I use the broadsword because its a little bit faster than the longsword. The 2nd weapons i use is the Morning Star, because i really like the bleeding effect. At the moment i got 17 vitality, 20 endurance and 30 strength, so i pull the most of my levels on strength to have greater output of damage. The Morningstar only scales up strength, the broadswors scales up strength and dextirity. Is that only because players that upgrade dextirity a lot can use that weapon effective, too? Would you recommend to play slower, more powerful weapons like the zweihander on a strength "build"?
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: One last understanding question :D

Post by lalliman on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:25 am

What you should look at is how well it scales. You don't need weapons that solely scale with strength for a strength build, as long as the STR scaling is good.
    I don't know the scaling for broadswords and morningstars, but let's say a weapon scales A in STR and D in DEX, it's good for a strength build.
    If something scales A in DEX and D in STR, it isn't.

Fckthwrld

Post by Fckthwrld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:28 am

I think that describes it pretty okay for me... The weapons are both scaling with an C - but i hope i will finde weapons with an higher Scale rate soon happy
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:30 am

Some weapons scale better with Str, some scale better with Dex and some scale averagly in both, like Claymore, for example. It's for characters who have high both Str and Dex I guess, but it's also for low level characters, so that they can use a wide variety of weapons to choose from.
    There are straight swords and greatswords that scale better with Dex as well.

If you want to have Str character, you should use weapons that scale mostly, if not only with Str. These weapons are generally very slow, but they deal massive damage. Zweihander is a fine example of a Str weapon, but it's far from being the top tier. That's reserved for Large Clubs, Hammers, some Ultra Greatswords and Great Axes.

If you play with slow, but hard hitting weapon, you will need a lot of HP and good armor (mostly for Poise) to be able to tank hits while you launch your attacks. At least until you get efficient with the weapons and learn their movesets enough to use them without Poise.

You will find a good Str weapon soon enough, just be patient. I will give you a tip if you want.

Spoiler:
    There will be a lot of rats nearby.

Your current choice of weapons is good, not because of their stats, but because you seem to like them. That's more important than any stat.

Fckthwrld

Post by Fckthwrld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:36 am

Thanks happy Its my first char, and i dont want to play as a badass monster tank but a "usual knight", with shield and a sword/bigger sword. I want an armor thats not too heavy, for example the elite knight armor i just found, i really like it!

I think on new game + i could easily swap to a tank-like charackter, right? (Concentrate on Vitality/Endurance a little more).

Fckthwrld

Post by Fckthwrld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 am

Are you talking about the Greate Axe i found in the Depths? Its preeeetty slow, dont know if i like that big grin I want something "medium".
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:47 am

Fckthwrld wrote:Are you talking about the Greate Axe i found in the Depths? Its preeeetty slow, dont know if i like that big grin I want something "medium".
    Yes, I was talking about the Great Axe. It's more or less how other Str weapons work, but they're usually bigger.

joemann
    Casual
    Casual

Post by joemann on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 am

If you're looking for some good str based weapons, on my str based character I really love the Golem Axe and the Black Knight Great Axe. When I first started playing the game a few months ago, I thought I wouldn't like axes at all, but they have come to be one of my favorite weapon types; so much so, that I began another character in which I plan to get as many of the great axes as possbile and go smash things to itty bitty pieces!

Fckthwrld

Post by Fckthwrld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am

But then i have to develope Vitality and Endurance so much :/
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:37 am

High endurance is highly advisable anyways if you're a warrior class, whether you use large weapons or not.
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:48 am

Fckthwrld wrote:But then i have to develope Vitality and Endurance so much :/
    Ednurance is a must for any melee oriented character.
    Vitality, of course, is a must too. With slow weapons you will get hit, so you need Vit to survive it.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:11 am

if you've beaten sen's fortress farm the man-serpents for their greatswords, it my favorite greatsword, it scales with str and get an A which is really good and its one of the fastest str weapons.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 am

Your current choice of weapons is good, not because of their stats, but because you seem to like them. That's more important than any stat.[/quote]

This. A million times. Stats matter. But enjoying the game is what matter. Did you get a channelers trident, andyou just love the moveset. Use it! Or maybe you found the whip and like that. Enjoy what you want. No worries.

pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:37 pm