Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
ChizFreak
SATLOS
Conrack
Hatsune Miku
Glutebrah
Green__Eagle
Back Lot Basher
Skarectum
bunnywink
steveswede
Odinbear
Nybbles
passivefamiliar
Isirith
Rynn
SlakeMoth
Automancer
Rarayn
Sentiel
Gazman0169
24 posters

I've just downloaded Patch V1.07!!!

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I've just downloaded Patch V1.07!!! Empty I've just downloaded Patch V1.07!!!

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 am

cheers

I'll post an update as soon as the game boots back up... G
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I've just downloaded Patch V1.07!!! Empty Re: I've just downloaded Patch V1.07!!!

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:49 am

Yay!

Just played through the first part of the Oolacile Township, and there's been no flickering whatsoever. Must go just being invaded!

big grin
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

I've just downloaded Patch V1.07!!! Empty Re: I've just downloaded Patch V1.07!!!

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:51 am

I hope this is a joke, or trolling. If they make another changes to equipment and/or spells my head will blow up. I still haven't gotten fully used to 1.06 changes...

It would be cool if they only removed flickering glitch and perhaps that new buff glitch, that some of you mentioned on forums.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:54 am

It's nice that the flickering has been fixed for you PS3 folks. The fact that it came out now is kind of worrisome though. Too soon after the discovery of the Spellswap glitch for it to have been fixed in the patch, I think.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 am

So 1.07 is live? Any details regarding the patch? Hopefully they only fixed the glitch and nothing game breaking.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 am

Rarayn wrote:It's nice that the flickering has been fixed for you PS3 folks. The fact that it came out now is kind of worrisome though. Too soon after the discovery of the Spellswap glitch for it to have been fixed in the patch, I think.
    Prostration
    Damn...

Well at least I can go PvP in the DLC areas now. I've been avoiding them ever since the glitch appeared.

Does anyone know if From, or NB released any statement on the nature, or origin of the flickering glitch?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 am

Oh dear lost that bout after the Invader did a bit of a dirty on me. 🇳🇴

As I was throwing down a 'hello' carving he let loose White Dragon Breath, which hit me full on taking virtually all my HP in one shot, then as I was recovering from that he made his way around my back and stabbed me in the back! :roll:

No mind, it was my daft for putting so much trust in him to begin with, and anyway I'm not going to let this one episode dampen my elation at being able to play through the DLC once again with not so much as a flicker in sight! twisted

Thank you FROM, or whomever it was, for getting the fix done, you've really made my day! big grin
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 am

@Sentiel- It's no joke, and I certainly do not troll thank you very much (at least not outside of the game)! lol I download the patch at around 09:45 GMT, and I'm based in the UK. I don't know if any other changes have been made, but everything I've seen so far would appear to suggest that the flickering glitch has finally been fixed, if I notice anything else I'll let y'all know by posting updates here... G
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 am

Morning Gaz, I never know whether I've downloaded a patch or not. Do they ask you if you want to because I've never had a message or anything like that. For all I know I could be playing the Roman version of Dark Souls. Don't know how soon I can get back to the DLC either since both my characters are at the beginning of NG+ and NG++.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 am

@Gazman0169

Sorry if I offended you. I'm a bit sceptical when it comes to new information about Dark Souls.

You know since you can use Pendant to become Pygmy, save Sif by getting 100 Forest kills etc.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 am

There is no patch on X-box, so this would be graphical fixes if anything.
    So don't look for gameplay changes.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

I can confirm I've just downloaded 1.07
    I have the Prepare to Die Edition.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 am

Best news ever. Well, unless the nerf the damage/hitbox/or some other option to combat backstabs. Still want to see a damage reduction when a shield is on my back. ANYWAY. Glad to hear the patch is out. Can't wait to get off work to start properly punishing the guilty.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 am

@Slake- You'll know when the patch is available to download, as you'll be asked to confirm it, and as it took only around a minute to do so I would suggest that this is just a graphic glitch fix for the PS3 only.

@Sentiel- Don't be so daft! No apology needed, as one was never expected, and if you were skeptical I'd totally understand, but I would like to assure you that I'm 100% genuine in this instance. Oh, and just to clarify you would need 101 kills for that other thing! big grin
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:51 am

Can't wait to get home from work and get them DLC areas some new bloodstains.

Thanks for the info.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 am

What you mean to join my one? lol

(I'm still smarting over that, and that guys card is well and truly marked because of it! twisted )
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 pm

this is great news! do we also have resonance rings again?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 pm

During my brief spell in the Oolacile Township I didn't see any at all, and so probably not, but I couldn't say for certain, I'll try to have a more thorough look later on tonight once I get back home from work.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Hmmm, PSN was down for maintenance yesterday. Perhaps the prob was with their network and the DkS server code and they applied the fix. Restarting my game now to see this new patch.

USA here and was not prompted to install a patch. Bummer.
    BUT, Been playing around in OT for 20 min or so and my Estus flask is now visible, as are enemy drops , manus fight seemed to have visible magic, my summon sign and readme messages are all there, bonfire has not flickered.

Hmmm , was not prompted to install an update, nor did I sign out of PSN since yesterday morning.
    Maybe graphics glitch is fixed?
    Haven't seen any resonance rings so that seems to be broken , still.
    Checked PSN for sys update, dl'd and installed 4.31, restarted game, still no resonance rings, glitch is fixed, I think.
    However, was never prompted to install a 1.07 patch.

Where would I see this info, if it were installed automatically?
    Nm, tried the arena, saw 2 red rings, then.... pOP, things started flashing again. Seeing plenty red rings though., when it's not flashing. Weren't seeing red rings about the same time the resonance rings went away. Arena summoning was slow but got in twice for a duel. Stood there 20min last time, several weeks ago, no red rings or summons.

Last edited by Odinbear on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Well on my side:

The flicker has gone.
    No resonance rings.
    New spell swap is still in.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:54 pm

This might be for EU only at the moment. I haven't received a prompt to download patch 1.07 yet. I have gotten the system update for 4.31 though. happy
    Skarectum
    Skarectum
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Skarectum Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:02 pm

I've just downloaded 1.07. Based in the UK, looks like it could be EU only for now!
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks for the update, Gaz...I've been holding off on getting the DLC for that reason, so as soon as I see the patch in North America, I'll be getting the new content for my PS3.

I gotta be off my nut, buying this stuff for both consoles, but the DkS community is just so great, you want to be able to game with EVERYONE!.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Well, got all excited fer a min. Us yanks hafta wait, I guess.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:02 am

steveswede wrote:Well on my side:

The flicker has gone.
    No resonance rings.
    New spell swap is still in.
    I can confirm this.

The flicker is really gone. Joy
    But I haven't seen a resonance ring since. That can be just a coincidence though.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 am