Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Wilkinson3424
Doctor Snuggles
PlasticandRage
KrazykevS10
Comrade Sparkle
A Fierce Plankton
Latitoast
Dubscythe
seelyon
User1
WaLKA
drmuto
ViralEnsign_
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Slarg232
jankenneth_10
DarkHunch
Infighter
TheRedYoshi
Carphil
Servant of Priscilla
WyrmHero
dancash1808
TehInfamousAmos
Rudmed
Quarik
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
JohnnyHarpoon
Tolvo
Emergence
Uparkaam
Reaperfan
Serious_Much
Whknight
Scudman_Slayer
41 posters

League of Legends

jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

League of Legends - Page 38 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by jaythibodeau Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Thanks for the tips! I guess I might have neglected everything else in favor of maxing my attack speed and damage. lol
    I'm guessing I should just be a Jungler with those two? They seem to be really good at it. The only other spot I've had luck with was the bottom lane.
    I'll try out that build tonight. It sounds pretty good.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:35 pm

If you've just started playing you might want to hold off on jungling for the time being. It's a difficult thing to do right, and if you just started and are at low level there isn't too too much of a need for it. Most of the time people just stay in lane at low level anyway, and in my experience if you do also you're going to have more encounters with your teammates and enemies, which is going to help you to learn how to deal with both of those things better. Learning how to work well with other teammates is paramount to playing the game, and the more experience you have dealing with enemy champions as much as possible the better. It'll help you learn the abilities of different champions, how most people play them, and good ways to counter them. Bottom lane isn't a bad place to go if you're just starting out either because usually a carry will be sent there, meaning you'll usually be down there with a high damage champion backing you up which gives you a larger opportunity to make mistakes and not have the consequences be gigantic.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Ah ok. For the most part, I've only been having trouble with preventing ganks, and getting a tad bit overconfident when chasing my opponent a tad bit too far when they're about to die. :razz:

Know of any way to counter Graves? For the life of me, I can't #$%^$% kill him since he just runs away and kites.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Use a champ with a lot of CC. Who do you have other than the free ones this week? Usually if I'm fighting someone that's trying to kite me at range I kite them back, or not let them fight me at range. I use Malphite a lot though, so if I'm being kited 1v1 I just get aggressive, kite them, then don't let them fight me at range. Different tactics with different champs though. What's nice about Malph in that situation is that his ability you would use to kite also slows them and speeds you up, so you can toss one at them when they get in range to kite then close the distance while they're slow.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:36 pm

I've only bought Warwick so far. I plan on getting Renekton next (unless I find a champ with a different play style that I like). I try and lure enemies close enough so that I can deal enough damage to get them to around 50%. Once Warwick's passive kicks in, I use his ult to gain the lost distance from them running and then just pick away at their health as they try to run. Only problem is, I'm mediocre at stacking damage.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:45 pm

In regards to warwick you usually will want to purchase a spirit visage and if jungling a Spirit of the Ancient golem along with a Locket of the Iron Solari - this achieves 40% CDR which means your ultimate is up every 30 seconds. With the current HP Stacking meta a Blade of the Ruined King wouldn't go amiss and if you find yourself top laning warwick instead of the Spirit Item you can get a Zephyr for the Tenacity. Other Items to consider are randuins omen, Wit's End, Frozen Heart, Maw of Malmortius, Frozen Mallet, Ravenous Hydra and Warmogs.

An example Tanky Junglewick build would be: Locket, Spirit Visage, Spirit of the Ancient Golem, Wit's End, Randuins Omen and Ninja Tabi.

Whereas if you decide to top lane warwick a better build would be: Spirit Visage, Iceborn Gauntlet, Zephyr, Warmog's, BORK/Wit's End and Boots of your preference.

Oh and an item that is good on all champions would be Guardian Angel.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:16 pm

I've never used Warwick. Sounds like you have a handle on him though. I really like Renekton. In fact I've been saving for Sejuani for awhile and I think I may just buy Renek instead. You may want to start with cheaper champs though. There's a bunch of good ones for 450 IP and I'd say your best bet might be to buy a few of them and play them to try to figure out what type of champ best suits your play style. When I first started I bought Garen, Sivir and Ashe were on the free week rotation, and I bought Nunu soon after. They're all cheap, and it was really helpful to play some different champs to figure out the way I like playing. Ended up going with Garen for awhile then sticking with durable melee fighters. People may not like me saying this because he gets a lot of hate, but Garen isn't a bad way to go when you're just starting at all. He's a no mana champ. All his abilities just work off cool down, so you don't have as much you need to be paying attention to while you're learning everything else. He's also durable, and his passive gives him great sustain. His abilities are pretty diverse too. One is great for farming and speed, once breaks through cc and causes cc, he's got a shield, and a high damage single target ult. If you like Warwick then by all means keep playing him, it just wouldn't hurt to try out some different things while your first starting. Might find out you really like playing a completely different way.
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:57 pm

Warwick used to be terrifying but now he's very lackluster compared to other champions diverse kits. His mana costs are as old as the dinosaurs and he has mana for about 5 seconds in lane then it's gone.

Your best bet is to build him like a tank. His W gives him his AS and Q deals % max health damage. All you need is to stay in fights for a long time and you do some serious damage if not stopped. Also - his ult isn't for damage, it's for CC/Lifesteal/Gap Closer. You gain something like 30% lifesteal for the duration and it when combined with other CC, that person you ulted gets obliterated.

Go top with him. His jungle is terrible pre 6 since his lack of ANY CC before his ult. He can duel super well since his passive gives him life when he attacks. Rush some early mana + armor then go for health and MAYBE Blade of the Ruined King if you start to get ahead. Getting that item while not ahead will screw you over royally since you'll be blown up if you ult someone.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:54 am

Can you still report players after you've left the game lobby? This guy was awful. Just removed the fun from every minute of my last game. It was a great game too. We got pushed back. Lost every lane trying to help each other, then organized and pushed together 3 times and aced them over and over and won. We were pretty much 4v5 the whole time too. This guy on our team didn't get a kill the entire game, died nearly 20 times, complained from start to finish, would run past our fleeing tanks into groups of the enemy and into melee range as Ashe and feed them over and over despite us telling him to flee or stay with us, and threw up the surrender request probably every 5 minutes after maybe 15 minutes in when he started dying. Threatened to leave the game a bunch of times too. I got back into the lobby all happy that we'd won and honored all my other teammates and forgot to report him. I'd love to now if it's possible.
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:20 am

Nope, once you leave you can't report him. The second he started to complain, mute him and try to win anyways. I've been banned... 3 times now? Purely for continuing to try to get someone on our team or the other team to "get it" whether they were feeding or being an assclown.

It's so lame how you can be banned because someone on your team feeds and you show your disdain for it. Ah well I suppose. The rules basically say "don't be a jerk and you'll be fine" and to them I broke that.

Sadly, I've taken the rage factor into Dark Souls and it has gotten me into some furious button mashing. I'd get lag stabbed and instantly message them saying "Fix your connection you piece of ****, *** off." etc etc. OH THE MESSAGES I GET ARE JUST LOVELY.

So many well thought poems that involve my mother and other various objects. Makes me all snuggly inside knowing they care so much for her and only want to please her.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Yeah there have been maybe twice now that I've said things I probably shouldn't have. I think both have been pretty tame but some people have sand problems if you know what I mean, and probably reported me anyway. I was playing a bot game and soloing top to learn Renekton and this guy was playing Irelia was supposed to be jungling but basically just followed me around and last hit all my targets instead. Had 5 or 6 kills before I had one because he was hanging back and waiting for me to damage them badly then stepping in. Did it with minions and creeps too, so eventually I got frustrated and started getting us into fights with groups then leaving him there. He disconnected and I was like "glad that guy left. he plays like a douchebag." Then he came back like a minute later and saw it. The way he was playing he really had no ground to report me though I don't think. Then last night When that guy was whining he kept asking why when his surrender requests would be shut down 4/1 and I told him it was because nobody likes him.

Most of my team thought it was funny. They were all getting frustrated with him too. Both times it was pretty warranted.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:45 pm

So I'm trying to get good with Twisted Fate, because his design is cool, and I think I've got him down to an extent but I'd like some additional input.

Right now I'm stacking a lot of attack power and using Runaan's Huricane to almost double my attack speed, and then readying a Gold Card and Stacked Deck to teleport to a Champion, and then proceeding to stun and kill before he can get away.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:55 pm

I would suggest reading this guide by Zachary - it is a comprehensive guide to learning twisted fate's ins and outs.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=50331--ak-twistedfate-build-guide
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Thank you kind sir Proper Bow
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:58 pm

You're welcome. I don't often recommend guides but when I do they tend to be good reads silly
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Ah so you like to build TF as an AD? I don't see that very often anymore and it's a load of fun. AP has much more damage in the early/mid game stage but AD TF just destroys late game because of the W and Ult. Sadly, his 525 range is terrible for a champion with zero escapes besides the ult which isn't really... an escape. No AD steroids either but E was recently shifted so it lost its passive CDR but gained more AS in the process.

I don't think you've noticed - but Runaan's Hurricane is super god awful on AD TF. Each attack charges 3 stacks onto his E but you have zero control over which attack has the Stacked Deck proc. You could be attacking a champion but a minion just so happens to appear and the 200+ bonus damage you expected to kill your enemy just halved a caster minion's HP. You die with the enemy at 190 HP. 

Runaan's is average at best for champions with on-hit effects that have a benefit of hitting multiple people: Twitch, Varus, Teemo (still, not that great on him since it ONLY gives AS) are the only ones who come to mind.

While AD might be fun, AP Twisted Fate is so insanely good. He has consistently been one of the strongest champions in League because of his Q and Ult. So much ganking potential and so much range on the TCC (Three Card Chuck). The burst of E's passive and W with a Lich Bane just... god it does so much damage. 1k + damage added with a stun? That's just CRAZY.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Finally...

I understand how Twisted Fate works!

Using the items in that guide, I can Ability Power and do so much damage just popping in on a Destiny that the enemy champion is too damaged to be able to do anything, the bonus damage for using abilities, Wild Card's damage, Gold Card's stun it's all so magnificent!

So many enemies died before the stun even wore off from Gold Card! devil
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Haha I am glad that it helped you learn TF. I no longer am a big mid player haha I generally Jungle ADC or Top lane.
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Latitoast wrote:Finally...

I understand how Twisted Fate works!

Using the items in that guide, I can Ability Power and do so much damage just popping in on a Destiny that the enemy champion is too damaged to be able to do anything, the bonus damage for using abilities, Wild Card's damage, Gold Card's stun it's all so magnificent!

So many enemies died before the stun even wore off from Gold Card! devil

He seems relatively... easy to understand and see why people love him and use him as much as they do. The problem lies in the ability to make split second decisions that could make/break a game. TF's Pick a Card (W) has got to be one of the trickiest, sadistic, amazing, life saving, suicidal skills in the game.

Once you learn how to use W wisely and you learn to manipulate the timer on it, you'll go from an average TF player to great. But... it's so mentally intensive to have to decide if you'll need a slow/stun/damage while counting the cards to make sure you don't screw yourself and reacting to your enemy's movements in the span of 2-3 seconds.

I'm no Diamond player, but I HAVE played TF religiously for a decent period of time. Used to be my main champion until I came across Lee Sin and Darius. Been playing him for 2 years and he's remained one of my favorites. I'm glad you've taken an interest in him. Joy
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:35 pm

I've only ever played one game of League of Legends.

I played as Veigar cause he's tiny, purple, and wore a trick wizard hat..

Oh and he's also an evil badass.

I lost that game.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:39 pm

I played Mario Party for almost all of my childhood, so I spent a great time learning how to get good rolls on slow dice, and the speed of the slow dice and the speed it takes for the card's to switch colors on Pick A Card is the same almost, so I could easily adjust to picking what I want, I usually take Gold since I can easily pop a Wild Cards and get an incredible damage output in the 2 second time frame, and TF reminds me of that one nobody from Kingdom Hearts that uses magic cards as weapons, I always liked him so when I saw Twisted Fate I knew he was going to be something.

I really love how Riot doesn't give you a set of permanent F2P characters, but instead rotates a set of F2Ps weekly, it really gets you to find some character's you'll like, and it's more appealing to me.

This week I found out how awesome Sivir, Twisted Fate, and Lux are, while normally I'd have never really gotten that.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Railage wrote:I've only ever played one game of League of Legends.

I lost that game.

Veigar really surprised me the first couple times I fought him. First time I saw him I was tanking, can't remember who with, and he walked right up on me alone out of brush, so I figured like most mages I'd faced I could close the distance fast and just tear him to shreds at melee range. I started to approach and he froze me in place then did something that took the majority of my health at close to max health, then leisurely killed me as I tried to run away. He hits hard. It's deceptive when you're a giant alligator and he's a little tiny purple guy.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:00 am

I would play as many champions as you can while you're still leveling up. Once you hit 30 or close to it, the Meta-Police are out in force and will let you know if you chose someone who isn't "viable". The community is pretty good for the most part but usually once every few games you'll get someone who just complains about who you choose just because a pro doesn't use them or they said something bad about them.

I'd expect people to crap on Sivir because of her range and her Q mana costs. (Her range is pretty terrible and Q cost is utterly awful but she has a Banshee's Veil on a low CD that restores mana and can burst pretty hard at 6+) I'm only saying this since it's become a major part of the game and if you don't know what to expect, it's horridly frustrating trying to reason with someone.

Sounds good about the Mario Party thing though. The real trick is stopping the card on the first tick of the color. Two ticks go by before the next card shows up and if you say click gold on the first tick you can double tap W when it's off CD and have gold up again instantly.

I'd say spam Blue card for mana/harass since it does the most damage by far while keeping your mana pool nice and healthy. Little things you'll learn once you put some time into playing him though.

[b style="font-size: 1em; font-weight: 700;"]PlasticandRage[/b]
    Railage wrote:I've only ever played one game of League of Legends.

I lost that game.

Veigar really surprised me the first couple times I fought him. First time I saw him I was tanking, can't remember who with, and he walked right up on me alone out of brush, so I figured like most mages I'd faced I could close the distance fast and just tear him to shreds at melee range. I started to approach and he froze me in place then did something that took the majority of my health at close to max health, then leisurely killed me as I tried to run away. He hits hard. It's deceptive when you're a giant alligator and he's a little tiny purple guy.

Veigar has the highest burst of any champion in the entire game. His W has a 1.0 ratio with huge base damage and his ult... well. Take a look.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Veigar

If you stay competent with his farming Q passive you can gain up to 150+ free AP.

Basically - it's not out of the ordinary to see a Veigar late game with 1k AP. You do NOT want to get caught by that little yordle or you're basically dead and there is nothing you can do about it. Prostration 

YOU DENY THE DARKNESS IN YOUR SOUL
    YOU DENY YOUR POWER

Last edited by Doctor Snuggles on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:07 am

Maybe I'll try him out when he's free next. Still yet to try a traditional mage
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:09 am

If people don't like me for picking TF, it'll be their problem Shrug 

I've seen some bad things out of Sivir, but I do like her.

Although really Ashe does beat her on abilities, all those freezing abilities are really nice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm