Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Wilkinson3424
Doctor Snuggles
PlasticandRage
KrazykevS10
Comrade Sparkle
A Fierce Plankton
Latitoast
Dubscythe
seelyon
User1
WaLKA
drmuto
ViralEnsign_
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Slarg232
jankenneth_10
DarkHunch
Infighter
TheRedYoshi
Carphil
Servant of Priscilla
WyrmHero
dancash1808
TehInfamousAmos
Rudmed
Quarik
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
JohnnyHarpoon
Tolvo
Emergence
Uparkaam
Reaperfan
Serious_Much
Whknight
Scudman_Slayer
41 posters

League of Legends

Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

League of Legends - Page 37 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by Doctor Snuggles Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:53 am

Mao's W has got to be one of the most annoying skills in the entire game. :I Once he casts it on someone there is nothing you can do to stop him from locking you down.

Jungle Mao has lost alot of viability because AoE camps are no longer the kings. He could clear amazingly fast in S2 but he's been gutted in this new jungle. Take him mid and build AP/Health on him and see how you do. He can potentially annihilate if played right.

EDIT: Malphite is an ult bot who stays in the fight until he or the enemy team dies. Mao has the advantage of providing hard CC outside of a huge CD ult. Plus Mao's ult reduces damage by a crap ton and it's on a short CD. Its a matter of what you would rather have in your champion.

1)AoE ult that knocks up champions and cannot be stopped while traveling with short range AoE AS slow and single target MS slow/steal

2)Point and click damage reduction large AoE ult with large single target gap closer/stun and very short AoE knock up/slow

I'd go with Malphite. :L
    Bontee
    Bontee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bontee Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:02 am

Used to play a lot. Stopped since my good computer broke, sucks considering all the skins I had... Oh well, if I hadn't stopped, I never would have gotten Dark Souls, so I guess it worked out pretty well!

Teemo FTW!!!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:05 am

Yeah Malphite's probably my favorite champion right now. I've been bouncing back and forth between him and Kayle. I used Nasus for probably 20 fights too. Those are probably my top 3. Mao's ult would be amazing if it wasn't for the fact that the enemy can walk right out of it. You can bounce them in with your Q or stun them inside with your W, but it seems like the only good times to use his ult is when you'd catch a group, and his W wouldn't really be effective there at all, and his Q only would be if you managed to line them up perfectly while being swarmed. Every time I did it my enemies just turned around and walked right out of it. It basically just became a large circular deterrent.

And that was fighting beginner bots. The beginner bots knew to walk right out of it.
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:10 am

Mao is real good with a solid team who can communicate. Though he works best in an AoE comp most entirely due to the ult.

You'll find people who don't know how to walk out of it eventually, don't even worry about it. I sometimes forget it does a decent amount of damage sometimes too. sad
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:09 am

Seems like most problems in this game are rooted around teams that don't communicate. Maybe I'm just getting to a point where I shouldn't be doing beginner games.
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:43 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Everyone has that. You do, I do, everyone in the forum who plays LoL has it. Something about that game brings out the inner buttass in people.

Teamwork is a problem throughout the ladder and the best thing you can do is solo carry your way up or cope with a majority of teams not being able to work together. Scratch that, best thing you can do is make a 5 man team and go to town with friends.

Still, play a game with me and see what it will be like in the future. And I have to honestly say, if you have basic mechanics down you'll do fine with the people I play against. Some can't even last hit properly with over 400 games.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:54 am

I've picked up Kennen, Yorick, and Udyr. Kennen's absolutely awesome. He's a blast to play, and when he casts Thunderbolt it's always super-effective. Yorick is impossible to kill, and people don't know how to deal with him in lane. Udyr is a dueling monster. He has the single strongest level 1 damage out of any champion I've ever seen. 120 damage dot+80 damage autos+30% attack speed let's him win against just about anyone in a straight up 1v1. However, I learned that due to the wonders of animations, Renekton can stun Udyr before Udyr can even get his off, and so it approaches impossible to trade effectively in that matchup.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:06 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Seems like most problems in this game are rooted around teams that don't communicate. Maybe I'm just getting to a point where I shouldn't be doing beginner games.
    ^ this so much. 15 kills down. 2 lanes lost one lane survived. we walked into a teamfight and 5-0 KO'ed them and pushed STRAIGHT for the finish. (the all chat was filled with much rage) but yeah. their teamfight was slopppy and ours was good. disregard the fed ryze and top whose champion escapes me.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:27 pm

Quarik wrote:
    I've picked up Kennen, Yorick, and Udyr. Kennen's absolutely awesome. He's a blast to play, and when he casts Thunderbolt it's always super-effective. Yorick is impossible to kill, and people don't know how to deal with him in lane. Udyr is a dueling monster. He has the single strongest level 1 damage out of any champion I've ever seen. 120 damage dot+80 damage autos+30% attack speed let's him win against just about anyone in a straight up 1v1. However, I learned that due to the wonders of animations, Renekton can stun Udyr before Udyr can even get his off, and so it approaches impossible to trade effectively in that matchup.

When I was fighting as Nasus a lot the only thing that ever stopped me at end game was a well played and fed Udyr. Had one game where I had my Q over 400 and he just completely negated me by chasing me around the map while my teammates were distracted by his other teammates in other places on the map. The few times I 1v1 dueled with him I came at him with a wither, used my ult, and opened with a 400+ Q and he still killed me.

You like Yorick then? I'm hearing such mixed things about him. I really wanted him for awhile and now I'm just not sure.

@Doc: I've played games with level 30 players with Quarik a couple times now. Not something I'm prepared to do again until I'm closer to 30 myself, and have more game experience. It just wasn't even fun. The last time I was solo top Nasus against a more experienced Shen and I just didn't stand a chance. He kited the crap out of me the whole game and every time I got the upper hand I got ganked by their jungler.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:53 pm

Yeah good junglers do that plastic. your best bet is to stick a ward in the river thereby preventing him from ganking you. although that still isnt complete protection on one side of the map...
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:58 pm

I definitely need to get better about buying wards. Most of the time there aren't dedicated junglers in the games I play at my level anyway, but there are still ganks from mid lane. I've gotten good enough at solo top Malphite against 2 players with the possibility of a gank that I've just gotten into the bad habit of not bothering with wards. Really can come back to haunt me when I'm using less durable champs solo.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Junglers and 1 man top becomes the accepted norm around level 20 and mid ganks should be avoidable by communication/ map awareness.  as a general rule if the mid laner is not in lane at any point other than around 7  minutes in he is up to something fishy. and you should be careful (as its generally easier to gank top than bot.)  and I'm sorry but you should not be able to handle 3 players of comparable  skill without significant advantage/help. (getting fed, getting ganks ect) (some champs I suppose you could handle with turret hugging but its iffy) 
    2v1's are doable. but thats more of a hold out so your team can gain more benefit from them being a man down elsewhere than they are from pressuring you hard.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Well I'm not saying I'm holding off 3 people in my lanes all the time. Just saying I win my lane solo more often than not and I usually face 2 people top with mid laners that like to come try to steal their top laners kills. I take my licks for sure, but I win my lane more often than I lose it. At least with the couple champs I've gotten used to. I've pretty much used the same 3 the whole time I've played save trying a couple free ones here and there. The few times I've played when we've had junglers it's certainly been easier. Seems like most of the time at my level when people say they're jungling it really just means they're going to bounce around and steal people's kills. I've seen that more than actually helping at this point.

I actually started to jungle a bit for the first time the other night. I didn't plan it or anything, I just got fed like crazy mid game and ended up bouncing between lanes to help out and decided to kill some creeps here and there. Anything I should know if I decide I want to give it a more cohesive shot? I've read that Malphite can be great for it.

I'm liking Maokai more every game I play him. I guess it just took me a couple games to figure him out. His cc is pretty great. I'm also getting better at using his ult. Caught a big group with it during a team fight my last match and got a 3 champ multi-kill. It works really well if you cast it in groups of enemies that are pursuing weak comrades because a lot of times they won't want to break off the chase. I would have only gotten two but one walked out, then my teammate came back into their range and they walked back in. Worked really well.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Trying to sign in right now and an error message popped up that says there's a lot of log-in traffic right now, that I'm number 20,000 in the queue, and that I have a 4 hour waiting time.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:08 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Trying to sign in right now and an error message popped up that says there's a lot of log-in traffic right now, that I'm number 20,000 in the queue, and that I have a 4 hour waiting time.

Welcome to the login queue. Where the servers have problems and your connection doesn't matter!
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:06 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I actually started to jungle a bit for the first time the other night. I didn't plan it or anything, I just got fed like crazy mid game and ended up bouncing between lanes to help out and decided to kill some creeps here and there. Anything I should know if I decide I want to give it a more cohesive shot? I've read that Malphite can be great for it.

Malphite can jungle very well. Sadly, he has zero sustain and pretty god awful mana problems. You'll need blue buff twice in a row in order to stay ahead and that is fine as long as you have a mana-less mid or they rush Tear of the Goddess.

I added you just now on League (It's Doctor Squeakies) and I'll play a bot or custom game with you if you want to learn how to jungle. Reading a guide is fine and dandy but actually doing it is the best experience.

I'll say this right now though - Jungling will get you pissed. People not listening, not paying attention and the big one, blaming their mistakes on you. If you power through all the **** that people will say, you will be able to carry games by yourself because of you winning your teammates their lanes. It might be the most fun, but it's easily the 2nd hardest job in League.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:21 am

Yeah I hear that. On both counts. Direct experience has definitely been key so far, and people piss me off already. I'm sure it's even worse when you're in and out of everyone's lanes. Seems like the kind of thing you have to either be good at or not do. At least with some champions. I just did a bot game to check out Renekton, who I really like btw, and we had a jungling Lee Sin who for some reason wouldn't stay out of my lane despite mid taking hard hits the whole game. Granted I was solo against 2 enemies, but I didn't die at all until late game. I was holding my own just fine, a couple kills ahead of both of them, while mid died seemingly in every encounter. They had 10 deaths before we even hit their base turrets, but our jungler just refused to go down there. I was even telling him, hey I'm fine here, go help mid. Don't understand what that guy was doing at all.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:03 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Yeah I hear that. On both counts. Direct experience has definitely been key so far, and people piss me off already. I'm sure it's even worse when you're in and out of everyone's lanes. Seems like the kind of thing you have to either be good at or not do. At least with some champions. I just did a bot game to check out Renekton, who I really like btw, and we had a jungling Lee Sin who for some reason wouldn't stay out of my lane despite mid taking hard hits the whole game. Granted I was solo against 2 enemies, but I didn't die at all until late game. I was holding my own just fine, a couple kills ahead of both of them, while mid died seemingly in every encounter. They had 10 deaths before we even hit their base turrets, but our jungler just refused to go down there. I was even telling him, hey I'm fine here, go help mid. Don't understand what that guy was doing at all.

He's probably new to jungle himself. Mid is actually the hardest lane to gank because there are only 2 entry points that aren't a serious risk (the bush lines). If you go further out than those bushes you put yourself into enemy territory for a bit and risk running into their jungler and you don't really gain that much more significant distance behind the enemy.

With the bushes being the only decent spot to come in from, if the enemy is smart enough to buy a single ward they can shut down any gank attempt completely by putting it in the bush because they know you have no other entry point.

The bushes also cause a problem because they limit you to ganking from the side of the map that you're already on. Unlike top or bot lane where you can easily go from the River bushes to the Tri bushes in a few seconds, to go from one side of mid lane bushes to the other without getting noticed takes significant time, and by the time you get there your chance to gank will likely have come and gone.

Lastly is that despite these bushes and the paths right beside the towers not serving as good entry options, they serve as excellent escape paths for the enemy, meaning if you come and gank, the enemy has a much greater possibility of running away since they can run back to the tower or escape into the jungle, rather than top or bottom where the only real escape path is back to the tower.

When comparing all that to top lane, which has multiple easily-accessed gank paths, limited means of escape, and players who rarely buy wards (most top players rely on their jungler to buy wards for them), it's pretty understandable that someone who is inexperienced and doesn't know how to effectively get in a mid lane gank would just camp top lane.

And yes, jungle is one my main positions (the other being mid) winking
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:23 am

I'm going to read that again the next time I give it a shot. Thanks man.

Anybody else having server issues tonight? Took me forever to log on, then my first game was a little laggy but not a huge deal, then I just did another and I got kicked out of the game 8 times. Every time another player came on screen I'd get the reconnecting to server message and either have to reload into the game or my champ would freeze in place. I died at least 10 times because I would get into a fight then just freeze in place. Anything I can do about this? Obviously I can't play with it like that.

It says the NA server is offline right now.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:45 am

Reaperfam wrote:And yes, jungle is one my main positions (the other being mid) winking
    Aye cause fiddlesticks is your main for both positions aye iirc?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:55 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:
    Reaperfam wrote:And yes, jungle is one my main positions (the other being mid) winking
    Aye cause fiddlesticks is your main for both positions aye iirc?

You can play Fiddle in the jungle? How could you even think such a thing?! Middlesticks is only Fiddlesticks! winking

Seriously though, I've never really used jungle Fiddle. He's too predictable and can't do much until level 6 in terms of ganking. Your blue gets stolen and you're SoL. My jungle mains are Hecarim, Sejuani, and Nautilus. Used to use Rammus, but he's just not giving me the results I want anymore.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:58 am

Hue, 'tis all about the Nunu, Volidyr and in low elo Tryndamere jungle xD
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:10 pm

jungle shyvana too strong.

Seriously though,  my favorite junglers right now are Zac, Cho, lee sin and Nasus. the one i tend to play most is Cho, since he's kinda easy to play.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:55 pm

I recently started playing League. I've only done five or so matches, with them being either co-op against AI or custom bot matches. 

Anyone got any tips for using Renekton or Warwick? Those are the only two that I've really liked to use so far. Mostly because of the ability to do plenty of damage while stealing life. For the most part, I've built them around attack speed and damage, with maybe some slight armor in there. For the most part, I want to know how to stack a bunch of damage onto Warwick's ult. I just can't seem to get the most out of it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:20 pm

For Renekton you want more attack damage and armor penetration than attack speed I'd think. Attack speed wouldn't be a bad thing, but with AD and armor pen you're abilities would be doing more damage and you'd get more healing out of your abilities.

I'll post my Renekton build if you want. I just put it together last night, but it was working well.

Right now I've got Sunfire Cape, which is really nice to have on Renekton. It works together with the AoE magic damage his ult does, so you can actually do pretty nice damage just by being near your enemies when you use your ult. Then I've got the Black Cleaver, which adds to his durability with a health increase, gives you more attack damage to scale your abilities with, some cool down reduction which does nothing but help on Renek, and bonus armor pen which will make you do more damage to champions. Then the Frozen Mallet, which again adds to durability with a nice chunk of health, and gives you more damage to your attacks and abilities, and will make enemy champions easier to keep where you want them by slowing them with every attack. Then I've got either the Ninja Tabi or the Mercury Treads, which you should choose based on the enemy team. Both increase your movement speed and have additional effects. Always good to build some form of boots on pretty much every champion. If they're a magic heavy team then you want the Mercury Treads, and if they're physical damage based you want the Ninja Tabi. I've got a few different items for my last piece of equipment. I've got the Blood Thurster, which gives you a really nice chunk of attack damage to make you do more damage, and gives you life steal abilities, which will help you sustain, Atma's Impaler, which gives you armor, will give you critical hit chances, and bonus damage, or the Runic Bulwark, which will make you a hell of a lot more durable. Basically I've been choosing my last item based on the enemy team and how the fight is going. If you're taking too much damage or just want to be more durable than the Bulwark will help you and your nearby teammates do that. If you're relying on self healing with his abilities a lot and want to be doing more damage with your abilities then the Blood Thirster is a good choice, and Atma's will do a little of both and will allow you to critical hit.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:55 am