Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Re: Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm

SeishinKizuna Jan 5, 2012 11:26 pm
    @cheader No, the thing that triggers her to spawn is the sen's fortress chat with Onion
    permalink [delete]
    Scrufffy re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Scrufffy Jan 6, 2012 3:07 am
    Not to mention without sen's open getting to Duke's Archives might be a pain... o -o
    permalink [delete]
    mystical_sniper re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    mystical_sniper Jan 6, 2012 5:10 am
    Has anyone taken the humanity from the npc's with the dark hand glove and found new dialog?

Or combine the humanity sucking with other ideas?

psn: mystical_sniper
    permalink [delete]
    JohnnyHarpoon re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    JohnnyHarpoon Jan 6, 2012 5:33 am
    I always suck Humanity out of NPC's with the Dark Hand, and the only 'new dialogue' I ever heard were the lines they say while being attacked (no aggro, though).
    permalink [delete]
    JohnnyHarpoon Jan 6, 2012 5:34 am
    Also, a runthrough without changing your equipment would require you to keep the Straight Sword Hilt the entire time. Granted you could Artorias it via upgrading...but good luck killing Sif with a Sword Hilt.
    permalink [delete]
    Adrikekz re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Adrikekz Jan 6, 2012 5:39 am
    Sif wont be the worst foe in that run.

Imagine pinwheel.
    permalink [delete]
    Matthemmings92 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Matthemmings92 Jan 6, 2012 5:41 am
    any1 on here on XBL got a char around sl 110? just need help with four kings on NG+
    permalink [delete]
    kynido re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    kynido Jan 6, 2012 5:43 am
    So, just started up a new character to try out a few things. Started as the thief, just for something new and challenging, went with the witch ring cause I always wanted to know what the daughter of chaos was saying and also to test the theory that wearing it makes Quelaag say something (it doesn't). Noticed a few things this playthrough. Firstly, Dragon Covenant guys are really hard to beat. Especially with a level 10 theif. Seriously, who has full dragon at SL10? that's crazy. Secondly, that weird line of blood that glyph mentioned all the way at the start wasn't there when I first went through that area, but was after I went back through after beating Bell Gargoyles. Strange. Thirdly, soloing Quelaag wit a +6 Bandit Knife is crazy hard and damned fun. I summoned Mildred (who got a hit or two in before buying the farm) and a guy in full elite knight with a Zeilhander who didn't even get a single hit in before getting killed, so I had to do nearly the whole fight by myself and man oh man was it insane. The Bandit Knife had been surprisingly effective up to that point as nearly every enemy in Bligttown has low bleed tolerance and the rest are really easy to backstab, but apparently Quelaag is immune to bleeding. Will continue trying out some different ideas this playthrough and let you guys know what happens.
    permalink [delete]
    jacebeleren128 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    jacebeleren128 Jan 6, 2012 6:55 am
    Could the guy in undead asylum at the beginning who gives you the key and estus be artorias? The cat says that the grave in darkroot garden is a lie and the guy at the begininning was wearing elite knight garb. Could be wrong but what do you guys think?
    permalink [delete]
    r0bin86 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    r0bin86 Jan 6, 2012 7:17 am
    @jace, the guy you meet in the cell at the beginning is oscar of astora. He looks very similar to the guy you get the key and estus from. If you compare the shield he is wearing there, and the shield he is wearing in the cell, its oscar. It definitely is not the greatshield of artorias. So most certainly its oscar. Although i dont understand how he first walks free and helps you, and some time later he is locked up in a cell...
    permalink [delete]
    worstdream180 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    worstdream180 Jan 6, 2012 7:40 am
    I read somewhere in this forum that Oscar (according to the text dump) brings a dialogue at the Forest (?), even he died at the Asylum. The first time I passed through the Artorias Crest Door in my NG+ a phantom knight that looked like him: equipped with the Elite Knight, attacked me. Surely this happened in my first NG too, but I was not paying attention. I searched if this type of enemy was common there, and the answer was... lamentably Yes. What results curious is that they and Pharis do not respawn, but the knights drop nothing. Why?
    permalink [delete]
    BrosukeNattyIce re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    BrosukeNattyIce Jan 6, 2012 7:57 am
    @r0bin i could try it, but is there any reason to believe that could make a difference. I thought pyromancy and intelligence were completely unrelated
    permalink [delete]
    r0bin86 Jan 6, 2012 8:12 am
    @bro, well, my pyro glove has a ParamBonus B on intelligence. I also just found out that pyro glove can be ascended after +15, to an ascended +5, which will give a S ParamBonus to intelligence. It's worth a shot...
    permalink [delete]
    BrosukeNattyIce Jan 6, 2012 8:16 am
    Yeah i'll try it this afternoon. I have an ascended +5 glove and 50 int on a character already, so it won't take long
    permalink [delete]
    kynido Jan 6, 2012 8:32 am
    The Intelligence scaling only affects the R2 punch attack. The only thing that affects the strength of the spell is the MagAdjust value, which increases each ascension but is not affected by any stat. Oh, and any Chaos spell scales with Humanity. Obviously.
    permalink [delete]
    worstdream180 Jan 6, 2012 8:40 am
    I didn't reach the Abyss in my actual gameplay, if someone can warp to that place could try to swing the Moonlight Sword there?
    "Knight's Field: ... The Moonlight Sword shone brightly in Alfred's hand as it blazed with the hungry power of light devouring all darkness in its path / In the final area of the game, swinging the M.S. lights up the darkness"
    permalink [delete]
    worstdream180 Jan 6, 2012 8:42 am
    *I wanted to write "King's Field"*
    permalink [delete]
    Adrikekz Jan 6, 2012 8:42 am
    The pyromancies do not scale on intelligence. The melee hit with the glove itself however does.
    Having 10 int or 50 int will not make ANY difference.

Also, I have already tried using all the chaos pyromancies with a fully ascended and upgraded glove.
    permalink [delete]
    BrosukeNattyIce Jan 6, 2012 8:44 am
    Do the chaos pyromancies max out at 10 humanity? I suppose i'll try maxing out my humanity and using chaos firestorm or great chaos fireball on the door. That might not have been done yet.

also, semi-related question. At 0 humanity, do the chaos spells do less than their non-chaos counterparts, or are they still slightly more powerful
    permalink [delete]
    r0bin86 Jan 6, 2012 8:54 am
    @adrikekz,kynido, thnx, did not know that! (don't use pyro that often)

Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Adrikekz Jan 6, 2012 8:54 am
    I did it while having 30~ish humanity. No effect what so ever. Sorry, but there has to be something else used for opening that door. sad
    permalink [delete]
    BrosukeNattyIce Jan 6, 2012 9:01 am
    hmm good to know.
    permalink [delete]
    sinraw re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    sinraw Jan 6, 2012 9:59 am
    Almost at the last boss still got to get to the bed of chaos, but has anyone tried using the pendant while being grabbed by a boss like gwyn or four kings?

Also anyone want me to test anything down their like with Solair?
    permalink [delete]
    dawwgss re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    dawwgss Jan 6, 2012 10:38 am
    Joined up just for this. I have a few ideas, not sure if they have been attempted yet.

Can you leave Laurtec alive and not invade him. Also who are the two phantoms with him during the invasion? Possible chance to meet him later in the game

Also, is it possible to get both Big Hat and Reah in Dukes at the same time? (Assuming Reah ends up there from what i have read, I did tomb of giants last on my only playthrough where i have gotten that far).

The biggest question i have is about the well in Firelink. You can jump into it and the broken wall sort of guides you there (possibly ending up on other side of the wall near lordvessel). Has anyone attempted this with all boss souls and the abyss ring thing and whatever other combinations you can thing of?
    permalink [delete]
    r0bin86 Jan 6, 2012 10:48 am
    @dawwgss, i have jumped in the well with full artorias gear and died. I did read somewhere that in almost all games of FS, a well does something...
    permalink [delete]
    Giantunicornsky re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Giantunicornsky Jan 6, 2012 10:57 am
    I love this thread, ive read every page and I well try somethings that have not been tried yet on my own.

A thought I had was that FROM has made other games like armored core for example so could there be any connection between FROM's other games and this one?
    permalink [delete]
    worstdream180 Jan 6, 2012 11:04 am
    It could be, @giantskyhorn, anything is possible until proven otherwise winking
    permalink [delete]
    BrosukeNattyIce Jan 6, 2012 11:10 am
    @Giantskyhorn

i read somewhere that if you use the pendant during the fight with gwyn in full artorias gear at SL 1, you get an armored core with heavy rockets and a fully automatic machine gun
    permalink [delete]
    Carphil07 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Carphil07 Jan 6, 2012 11:12 am
    From the concept art, the armor of Artorias is definately not the elite knight set, but its looks like the black knight set, the diference is the shouderpad and the helmet.
    permalink [delete]
    r0bin86 Jan 6, 2012 11:40 am
    @carphil, the sword is also not artorias' greatsword. The sword is jagged in the middle of the blade, where artorias blade is even.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/117/1176946/dark-souls-20110616114637948.jpg

I don't think its artorias...
    permalink [delete]
    Giantunicornsky Jan 6, 2012 11:59 am
    @ Bro

Getting rockets and a machine gun would be sweet, il try a SL 1 run but im not that good...
    permalink [delete]
    worstdream180 Jan 6, 2012 12:02 pm
    your class must be Pyromancer!!! ^^
    permalink [delete]
    mustmuggo re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    mustmuggo Jan 6, 2012 12:11 pm
    Minor addition: the blood smear in Undead burg can appear in NG. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there first time I went through. Question is what triggers it to appear... (I only have Gwyn left)
    permalink [delete]
    Acid_Rabbitz re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Acid_Rabbitz Jan 6, 2012 1:18 pm
    What If you DarkSign before you earn Gwyns souls after his death?

would they still get awarded?
    permalink [delete]
    Giantunicornsky Jan 6, 2012 1:32 pm
    Has anyone darksigned in every boss fight? I'm at Gwen so, il try a darksign run in ng+ if no one has yet.
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    CheaderMonkey Jan 6, 2012 2:04 pm
    Re: Blood Stain.

If it's there after the Gargoyles but not before then it could be Larry dragging his butt back to Firelink.

@Giantskyhorn.
    Bro was joking with ya.
    permalink [delete]
    Acid_Rabbitz Jan 6, 2012 2:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/v/s7U-a9pJtHQ&hl

1:11 in .... is that FireLink Shrine? doesnt seem to be ...
    permalink [delete]
    worstdream180 Jan 6, 2012 2:34 pm
    @acid, the Firelink looks different and Anastacia is shown outside her cell again :/
    1:42... what ladder is that?
    permalink [delete]
    worstdream180 Jan 6, 2012 2:37 pm
    ahh, it's the ladder at Undead Parish, bell tower
    permalink [delete]
    lHagenl re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    lHagenl Jan 6, 2012 2:40 pm
    maybe you have to kill a certain boss or go trough a certain area with 2 summoned phantoms that wear certain things!
    damnit, FS please give us a hint!!!!!!

Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Deadmeat95 Jan 6, 2012 2:45 pm
    That blood smear has shown up for one of my dudes that's still on his first playthru, its was my first time going to the hall.
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    SeishinKizuna Jan 6, 2012 2:46 pm
    One thing I don't understand is how can wearing full artorias gear trigger something when there is NO way of knowing what full Artorias gear is besides his two swords shield and two rings.
    Also someone was wondering about that black knight near the red drake. I believe the only thing he is guarding is the ability to plunge attack the metal boar in a creative wall to kill him.
    permalink [delete]
    Giantunicornsky Jan 6, 2012 3:13 pm
    Has anyone tried talking to Gwendolyn with the moonlight greatsword equipped? just wondering because Gwendolyn uses moonlight magic right?
    permalink [delete]
    worstdream180 Jan 6, 2012 3:58 pm
    @giant, let me take the controller when I arrive home and I will go with the Moonlight Sword everywhere! I deposit my hopes on it!!
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey Jan 6, 2012 4:23 pm
    A while back someone had mentioned that when they strike a Black Knight they dont get a blood effect but black smoke.
    The Cover of the game guide shows a BK and in the helm, where a head should be, is a flame.

It makes sense that the BK's are loyal to Gwyn so he imparted part of his lords flame within them to keep them going all these years.

Just a random thought.

Nito, first of the dead.
    He's the only one that didn't start out as human and then morph into something else due to some event. Gwyn was a lord, Bed of Chaos was the Pyro lady.

What is Nito?

Has anyone tossed the Phasing Stones around known secret areas to see if they can get that "rare" 8th color to show up?

What about fighting Gwyn as a Black Knight or as SunBro? Anyone try it?
    permalink [delete]
    The_Tao re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    The_Tao Jan 6, 2012 4:26 pm
    Yes. I fought Gwyn in all the black knight armor my first play-through. Nothing special.
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey Jan 6, 2012 7:01 pm
    Nothing special except that Sauron beat the game boss.
    permalink [delete]
    somebody_else re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    somebody_else Jan 6, 2012 8:29 pm
    one more strange thing i noticed. wouldn't even notice that if some other player wouldn't mention the same fact i previously took for my mistake.

if you kindle all bonfires, in next NG exactly one bonfire is unkindled (location seems random). first time i noticed this i simply thought i forgot the one under capra demons in demons ruins. but, that player said one is always unkindled (for him it was at church in parish). tested this again and now fire at sens fortress was unkindled. always one bonfire only. like this would enable you to rekindle them again in next playtrough for some reason.
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey Jan 6, 2012 8:39 pm
    so based on that logic if you go through the entire game without kindling any of them then on NG+ the dragon one should be out as well meaning that you could do a No Bonfires run on NG+!
    permalink [delete]
    dawwgss Jan 6, 2012 8:42 pm
    Has anyone tried playing the entire game wearing old school 3D glasses?

But seriously, Valley of Drakes seems suspect. Not really sure of the point of it besides a shortcut or two
    permalink [delete]
    somebody_else Jan 6, 2012 8:46 pm
    nah, don't know about that. what i'm thinking of is this... if there is some reward you trigger in some weird way based on kindling all bonfires (petrus is even telling about reward when you do that if you pay him), one extinguishes exactly for the reason you can do that again in NG.
    might be some even weirder trigger than using darkmoon seance ring in the right place. but one bonfire going out simply tells me they want you to be able to repeat that in next playtrough
    permalink [delete]
    somebody_else Jan 6, 2012 8:49 pm
    beside that, fire is not extinguished. it is simply unkindled to lowest level that was at start
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey Jan 6, 2012 9:00 pm
    Ah. Miss understood. I thought we finally had a way to kill all of the bonfires and go for a true dark ending.
    permalink [delete]
    PipoXXXmax re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    PipoXXXmax Jan 6, 2012 9:45 pm
    Anyone realized that if you kill the Asylum demon the first you meet him in NG+ he instantly gives you the key to open the door to get to Lordran. What if someone killed him in NG (standard game) and see if he gets the key? Then he would be able to complete the game without ever having an Estus Flask. I don't know but I think that Estus may be something bad? To keep the undead 100% undead? I don't know just saying thinks I thought.
    permalink [delete]
    killzoner4dead re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    killzoner4dead Jan 6, 2012 9:48 pm
    Hello everyone.
    I didn't read all the posts in the thread but I'll assume this wasn't discussed about.

When you get the warp ability ,there are 9 bonfires you can warp to.But there is room for 2 more.Maybe this is a hint or something for secret areas?

Why do Channeler things "cost" 1 soul when fed to Kingseeker Frampt?

And one last thing.
    I keep seeing messages in the building where the blacksmith in Undead Parish is.
    They are above the room with the bonfire near the statue saying like "Need ring" or "Illusory wall ahead" and similar.
    permalink [delete]
    somebody_else Jan 7, 2012 12:10 am
    @killzoner4dead
    actually only 1 is empty. i noticed that long ago. how many are filled depends which ones you opened and if that is not teleportable
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey Jan 7, 2012 12:11 am
    The only illusion wall I know of in that area is the one next to the garden gate which hides a bonfire right before the soul farming area.

It hasn't been discussed about spaces for two additional areas when you're able to warp but it has been discussed that it warps you two 8 of the 9 covenant areas so there's a theory that there's at least one bonfire in the forest which hasn't been found as of yet.

By "Channeler things" do you mean the Tridents? I've only hear how hard it is to farm them...but then again...they are the only weapon which gives buffs to you're entire party... There very well could be something to that weapon. ...if that's what you were talking about.
    permalink [delete]
    naris re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    naris Jan 7, 2012 12:15 am
    I wanna know who the hell the Furtive Pygmy is, and why he got thrown in with all the baddest dudes in Lorddran in the opening cinematic.
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey Jan 7, 2012 1:07 am
    How far into the game are you? Once you get to *spoiler* and talk to *spoiler* he explains who Pygmy was and his relationship to you.

There are a lot of theories that he plays a larger roll than we know and may even be findable in the game but if so we've yet to uncover it.
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 7, 2012 1:08 am
    @pipo thats not right. If you kill him instantly you have to talk to the knight to get the key to open his door.

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Jampire Jan 7, 2012 2:29 am
    Has anyone noticed the area around the Undead Asylum that you seemingly can't get to? If your at the Ravens nest looking at the Asylum the area to the right.
    It's like another part of the Asylum that's blocked off. I tried hitting every wall in there but I don't have anything fully upgraded. Only tried it with the Drake Sword on my second playthrough.

Could be something, and it totally seems like you should be able to get there somehow...
    permalink [delete]
    Jampire re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Jampire Jan 7, 2012 2:33 am
    Even on the games website it says 'whatever you can see you can explore'. I know to a degree it's a slight exaggeration but that area looks so damn promising!
    permalink [delete]
    lHagenl Jan 7, 2012 6:44 am
    has anyone ever found a door that only opens when you hit it with a fully upgraded weapon? did i miss s.th?
    permalink [delete]
    ublug re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    ublug Jan 7, 2012 8:19 am
    The area to the right of undead asylum. Isn't that just the area you go through to get your shield, after the first encounter with asylum demon?
    permalink [delete]
    Cagaroth re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Cagaroth Jan 7, 2012 9:16 am
    Goddamn. Like really, not A SINGLE game magazine can interview from, and ask for hints? This is ridicilous.
    permalink [delete]
    worstdream180 Jan 7, 2012 10:10 am
    @somebody_else, about your comment referring a bonfire unkindled to lower level in NG+, it happened to me: I left the first bonfire of Anor Londo maxed, but in my NG+ I found it only at +10 estus flask. What I don't know is if this happened because I killed the Fire Keeper in the previous gameplay.
    I noticed the Lady of the Darkling says: "What am I? Well... I am the Keeper of the Bonfire. If not for me, what beacon would there be in this lost city? A gatekeeper, and a guide; that is my calling" Is she a gatekeeper because she keeps the linked bonfires? or she is really protecting a gate in that room? * look at the wall with that sort of frame on it*
    @Giantskyhorn, I talked to Gwyndolin and Anor's Fire Kepper with the Moonlight Greatsword on both hands and nothing. I used its special power on suspicious walls, and I had no luck. I will try later when I rejoined the Darkblade Covenant to repeat these.
    permalink [delete]
    somebody_else Jan 7, 2012 12:33 pm
    @Jampire
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/message/view/home/47783620
    i tried jumping on the pillar, but you're always tad short. and if you check map layout. it kinda looks to me that closed path (where you see path going left and down) in lower undead burg was the one that enabled you to access originally.

@worstdream180
    i never killed firekeepers. even when i kill gwyndolin i simply avoid confrontation. i kinda think there is one more bonfire we never found.
    permalink [delete]
    somebody_else Jan 7, 2012 12:35 pm
    @worstdream180
    she is both, firekeeper and darkmoon. when you fight her she uses darkmoon blade and all of her comments during fight point to the fact that she is member of darkmoon covenant on a mission to kill you
    permalink [delete]
    somebody_else Jan 7, 2012 2:45 pm
    one more thing that i forgot to tell.
    if you look at live themes for DkS you notice they are all covenant based mostly showing the center where you interact with that covenant.

http://form.fromsoftware.jp/darksouls/blog/

those are all critical places of covenant.
    way of white is being presented with statue in undead church? i know reah is there at some point, but that is definitely not center of interaction as it is only temporary during the game
    permalink [delete]
    Jampire Jan 7, 2012 3:47 pm
    If that area next to the Asylum IS the Catacombs it wouldn't make much sense...

When the crow carries you off to Firelink Shrine he flies you off directly away from the Asylum. Otherwise he'd only be flying you like... a few hundred feet maybe? Not off towards the mountain range.

Has anyone extensively searched the Asylum for any hidden walls/doors?
    permalink [delete]
    Halicarnassis re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Halicarnassis Jan 7, 2012 4:04 pm
    @somebodyelse - the site is all in Japanese!!! Nonetheless checked out the 4 pics - you thInk maybe getting +3 in all 4 covenants might trigger something?
    permalink [delete]
    somebody_else Jan 7, 2012 4:09 pm
    @Jampire
    my bad, i know about area you speak off (hopefully this time we think the same as it bugged me too). you access that area when escaping from asylum demon. it bugged me too so i hit every wall until i started walking around paying attention to details.
    the right part of the building (which seems inaccessible at first glance) is the path where you collect weapons and latter return into main building to get flask. just look at broken second floor pillars from outside and inside. they are the same
    the area i though you speak off you can see from the path before catacombs if you look down. and we seem to read the same article
    permalink [delete]
    somebody_else Jan 7, 2012 4:12 pm
    @Halicarnassis
    damn Chrome;) it auto translates. i'll post link next time already trough google translate

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fform.fromsoftware.jp%2Fdarksouls%2Fblog%2F&act=url

link again, this time as it should be. thanks for correction
    permalink [delete]
    Drethan re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Drethan Jan 7, 2012 4:12 pm
    @somebody_else
    Well, Rhea seems to be the "leader" in most of the images and she resides in Undead Church more than she does in Firelink.
    @Halicarnasis
    Those four were the first four themes to be released. And the article is about the themes. I doubt there are any secrets regarding this. Even if there is, I doubt they put it there knowing that.
    permalink [delete]
    Halicarnassis re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Halicarnassis Jan 7, 2012 4:13 pm
    Sweet dude
    permalink [delete]
    Drethan Jan 7, 2012 4:15 pm
    I suppose so...
    permalink [delete]
    Calgore re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Calgore Jan 7, 2012 8:40 pm
    So I was going through NG+ today, and I noticed this in Lower Undead Burg. http://i.imgur.com/tG5Rr.jpg
    After going down the steps and killing the dogs, I noticed this: http://i.imgur.com/zwNxa.jpg but was unable to break it, anyone have any ideas, or has this been debunked already
    permalink [delete]
    Jampire Jan 7, 2012 8:44 pm
    @somebodyelse
    I haven't killed the asylum demon second time yet. Thought it'd be something worthwile. Oh well. Didn't know about the other area near the catacombs. Gonna explore there later tonight.
    Also, regarding Shiva maybe having a face from the east during character creation does something?
    Oneast thing concerning the Darksign. Can it be dropped or used up somehow? Maybe unlocking some new dialogue since you don't have the 'cursed' sign?

Shots in the dark now but you never know.
    permalink [delete]
    Firemann28 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Firemann28 Jan 7, 2012 9:16 pm
    Can't remember if we've discussed this already, i aint going through 70+ pages to find out. But in my last playthrough i went to fight the hollowed Big Hat Logan, and he was naked in human form-but was still hostile. Was exprecting him to be all grotesque-like. wtf happened?
    permalink [delete]
    dawwgss Jan 7, 2012 9:22 pm
    Someone said before that the wells usually do something in the games FROM makes and that the one in firelink has been tried, there is another one in Lower Undead Burg right where you come down the stairs. Has anyone tried this with artorias gear or anything like that?

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:02 pm

SeishinKizuna Jan 7, 2012 10:00 pm
    Once again how can artorias gear trigger anything when there is no way of figuring out what artorias gear is besides random speculation on basis that don't exist.
    permalink [delete]
    Faffle re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Faffle Jan 7, 2012 10:02 pm
    There is also at least one well in the New Londo ruins, but no visible way to fall into it. I doubt it's anything, but it couldn't hurt to try.
    permalink [delete]
    fredacula re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    fredacula Jan 8, 2012 12:35 am
    hello! im all new to the forum and this discussion:-) i have played dark souls for a long time now and ive met 2 "Evil vagrants" on this wiki page http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Vagrants
    it says there are good and evil vagrants(drift items) i am interested in the whole drift item thing. have annyone here ever met a "Good" vagrant?
    if so, what do they drop?
    are there locations where they will be?
    there's sayings about the vagrants that they get stronger the longer they stay in your world.
    how strong do they get?
    THANK YOU FOR ANSWERS
    if people need help whit secrets or other things my gamertag on xbox is fredacula.
    permalink [delete]
    fredacula Jan 8, 2012 3:00 am
    okay something came up that didnt add up:( i am in lost izalith and im farming demon titanite. i killed the titanite demon and went towards solaire of astora he was hostile so i killed him. i then went to the bonefire thats closest to centipede demon and rested i went back for the titanite demon after that but i wasnt there??:o whats going on?
    permalink [delete]
    fredacula Jan 8, 2012 3:01 am
    *it wasnt there" sry
    permalink [delete]
    kynido Jan 8, 2012 5:21 am
    @fredacular Did you try quitting and reloading the game? Sounds like a scripting bug.
    permalink [delete]
    worstdream180 Jan 8, 2012 9:19 am
    @fredacula, once I found a good vagrant near the spiral elevator at Anor Londo and it dropped a simple "Transient Curse".
    permalink [delete]
    whatisausername Myths page
    whatisausername Jan 8, 2012 10:50 am
    This page is a mess.
    I propose replacing it with a freely-editable Myths page with subject headings (e.g. Pendant, Pygmy, Rhea, Newfound illusory walls).

Tips and test results would listed after indents like this one.

permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 3:07 pm
    I think this page lost all merit about 20 pages ago, hell glyph doesn't even post in it anymore. Nobody does any testing and just posts the dumbest ideas and asks for help on random stuff.
    permalink [delete]
    mustmuggo re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    mustmuggo Jan 8, 2012 3:35 pm
    @whatisausername Good idea and I agree. The thread is almost 1600 posts and 88k views, impossible to keep overview.

Question is just, who is willing to do it? winking

@SeishinKizuna Don't be such a downer
    permalink [delete]
    Nchuleftingth re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Nchuleftingth Jan 8, 2012 3:40 pm
    Seishin: IIRC, you came here like 20 pages ago. Stop acting like you're some kind of oldfag who's contributed anything substantial.

whatisausername: Good idea, except I think that we can pretty well accept that either
    a) FROM hid this stuff to well, and we'll never find it.
    b) FROM f-ed up, and the script is messed up, and we can't get to the secret.
    c) Miyazuki (I have no idea if that's his name or not, I just made something up that sounded Japanese) is TROLLololo'in us.
    d) Miyazuki just said some crap so we'd buy the game, think it's super good. Kinda like the whole "if you drop a weapon, it'll invade someone else!", or pretty much anything that Fable guy says.

I've pretty much given up on the search. I'm currently wasting my time on Skyrim, in hopes that Miyazaki (did I change his name?) comes out and says "srry, guise, I f***ed up!" or a new patch is released.

As for Glyph disappearing: I think he's gone hollow. He's probably tried to kill his mom by nao. Then again, he might be postin' elsewhere, I just get emails (a substantial amount of "this thread is dumb" by seishin) whenever someone posts something here.
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 3:47 pm
    Nchule is dumb and his ideas are stupid there are more possibilities
    permalink [delete]
    Drethan Jan 8, 2012 3:50 pm
    @Seishin
    Calm down champ.
    permalink [delete]
    Nchuleftingth Jan 8, 2012 3:51 pm
    Can't tell if trolling, or just doing EXACTLY WHAT YOU HAVE DONE THE ENTIRE TIME YOU'VE BEEN HERE.

Also, wasn't it you who just called out pretty much all the possibilities mentioned?

"Once again how can artorias gear trigger anything when there is no way of figuring out what artorias gear is besides random speculation on basis that don't exist."

"This thread started off great but look where its at now.... come on now. Use your head on some of these ideas."

Here's some advice for you, kid: blow bubbles, not boys.
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 3:53 pm
    That was a joke but I guess Germans don't have a sense of humor. I like how you completely bypassed the 30 ideas I've posted/tried on this forum and only took the negative stuff. Regardless I stopped monitoring it because there are too many idiots such as yourself and people wanting to wear full artorias gear and spell their name furtive pygmy and walk backwards off a plank with their hand up their *** to trigger a magical door the super pony land.
    permalink [delete]
    Nchuleftingth Jan 8, 2012 3:55 pm
    Seishin: Good, you can go away now. You've clearly demonstrated that you're an upset 12 year old. Also, I'm American. But you're not monitoring this anymore, so you won't respond. Unless your ego gets the better of you.
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 3:58 pm
    If my ego didn't get the better of me I wouldn't be American. I'm hoping if we insult each other long enough they will lock this thread you big fat poopy head silly
    permalink [delete]
    Nchuleftingth Jan 8, 2012 4:03 pm
    In psychology, we talk about a defense mechanism in which the defeated party tries to pass their illogical argument off as a joke, or tries to associate themselves with the winning party in a friendly way, or tries to make themselves out to be an equal with the winning party. You've tried all of these, and I still don't like you.

I'm willing to overlook both your rudeness and you're cliche attempts at defending yourself, provided you stop flooding my inbox with

"SeishinTheWeeaboo
    OMG you're all dumb, and none of this idea is kewl!1"

Otherwise, enjoy not being subscribed. (Which is totally a lie.)
    permalink [delete]
    lHagenl Jan 8, 2012 4:03 pm
    you both are so cute! kiss
    permalink [delete]
    Nchuleftingth Jan 8, 2012 4:04 pm
    Thanks lHagenl :3 I try.

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 pm

SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 4:05 pm
    You are a big fat poopy head!
    permalink [delete]
    ublug Jan 8, 2012 4:12 pm
    Calm down both of you
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 4:13 pm
    Your ideas are all pretty stupid. Use your head before posting a idea or better yet test it yourself and post your results.
    permalink [delete]
    glyphblade re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    glyphblade Jan 8, 2012 4:31 pm
    heya all posters, lurkers and forum peeps..

This whole thread can get locked, deleted and erased with continual nonsense bickering and otherwise off topic fighting..

As for the mystery.. is still out there.. waiting to be found..

There are no wrong, or dumb idea's, and we should be open to try everything and anything... no matter how weird, silly or seemingly pointless..

Much of which we all already have tried has been fruitless...

But this thread is not just for the sake of the pendant... it was to get all the idea's in one place.. one super size massive spoiler..

If someone wants to include or add a wiki entry for secrets / spoilers / anything I'll contribute everything I know..

Illusiary walls / Secret doors locations are on page 1 -

List of hidden doors, illusionary walls:

1 - Quelaggs domain to the Daughter of Chaos Covenant (kellogs Domain)

2a- blightown / great hollow, large tree ramp by the 3 leaches, at the dead end inside, leads to a chest

2b - blightown, behinds the chest above, leads to the great hollow

3 - In the catacombs, 2nd bonfire stairs with the trapped Statue

4 - Tomb of Giants, between the second and third slide, the wall can be hit revealing an alcove with a ladder, takes you to the area patches kicks you in.. without being kicked..

5 - Darkroot Garden, raised wall beside the Sealed door - reveales the bonfire.

6 - Sen's Fortress, from the stairs up from the titanite demon party, hitting the wall at the top of that landing

7 - Anor Londo - bonfire level after the archers, room with the fireplace leads to Havels Armoury

8 - New Londo Ruins, after draining, in the area with the darkwraiths, an archway with drop off cliffs / water on either side, you can the walkway from the side... leads to a darkwraith and a chest

9 - Lost Izalith - building surrounded by lava dino's / flaming dragon asses.. need the charred orange ring to reach.. in that building on the left wall as you approach, hitting the wall reveals a Bonfire.

Painted world - in the sewer - there are 4 or 6 I belive, easy to spot, watch out for wheeled skeletons.. .. it's been a while but I think a key is needed to unlock the door..

Using Lloyd's talismans on Mimic chests will put them to sleep allowing you to loot their contents and not have to fight them.. They will awake and attack you.. use another talisman and leave the area.. they will reset to chest mode.

Develepor messages from Seek Guidance Spell

In the area's where there are imprisoned NPC's or blacksmiths, there are messages of either NPC ahead, or blacksmith ahead.

In Gweniveres room, to the left back corner while facing here is a message that says try ranged attacks.

I know there are more but currently don't have a listing.. I think they are in this post.

My current playthrough I have on hold.. but will be working out the specifics of how to get Onion knight and his daughter the happy ending..

Current theory is, after getting the lord vessel go to fire link, talk to onion knight.. he will ask you a bunch of did you do it questions..

Drop down to blightown so the area loads.. don't talk to Sig..warp to anor londo, go clear out Dukes, get to Onion Knight daughter, rescue her..

Then go talk to sig, give him the antidote, then back to fire link.. talk to the daugher.. then lost izalith,.. save Sig.. but let him fight..

and they shoukd show up in the great hollow and both be alive..

so..

It's been Since Oct 5.. It's january 8 and we still, after over 3 months.. don't have a for sure on the Onion Knight progress..

Anyone still wanna dispute that theres nothing more to be found..

It's all in the game.. we just haven't found the right steps or order in which to do it all yet...
    permalink [delete]
    Shravan12 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Shravan12 Jan 8, 2012 4:41 pm
    has anyone seen the stairs in firelink alter...has anyone managed to jump on?
    permalink [delete]
    Drethan Jan 8, 2012 4:58 pm
    I noticed that a phantom can walk into the area with Seath, where you break the crystal that makes him immortal. If only a phantom walks in there, Seath doesn't show up. What happens if that phantom breaks the crystal?
    I know Seath still shows up in the room you first encountered if you do not kill him. What happens if a phantom can breaks the crystal and you return to there? I mean, is it possible?
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 5:06 pm
    That is a interesting idea, I'm just not sure what you hope to accomplish with that though. Seath can't be hit by anything but ranged attacks so in my opinion he wasn't meant to be killed there as every other boss can be hit with melee. Test it and let me know what happens.
    permalink [delete]
    Drethan Jan 8, 2012 5:10 pm
    I'm just curious about it lol. I can test it tomorrow. SL 70 should be good enough for Duke's right?
    permalink [delete]
    BoatFish re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    BoatFish Jan 8, 2012 5:14 pm
    Done the crystal thing can't break until Seathe comes in.
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 5:14 pm
    Yeah, 90% of the stuff is EASY to run by.
    permalink [delete]
    BoatFish Jan 8, 2012 5:17 pm
    So I found out you can fall in the Abyss while fighting 4 Kings, about to try Kiln glitch in the Abyss to see if I am warped to the magic pony land mentioned above.
    permalink [delete]
    BoatFish Jan 8, 2012 5:17 pm
    With Ring of Sacrifice so I stay alive....
    permalink [delete]
    Dustofsaturn re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Dustofsaturn Jan 8, 2012 5:19 pm
    Using the BB glitch I've killed the four kings without having to kill Sif for the covenant of Artorias and have killed the centipede demon, and firesage demon without having killed Ceaseless Discharge.

Anything anyone wants me to test out? I don't have a sifs soul to make the greatshield so I can't possibly fight him in full Artorias.

I might just go see what Ceaseless looks like from the bottom :3
    permalink [delete]
    BoatFish Jan 8, 2012 5:20 pm
    What is BB glitch it sounds insane?
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 5:21 pm
    One thing I haven't tested out thats on my to do list is to run through the game cursed. See if it changes any dialogue or opens any passages or what not. Curse seems to be a big deal as it changes your humanity icon. Also Seath plays a major role in the lore if you read the thread "What I've discovered so far" you'll see how.
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 5:22 pm
    @Boat youtube it you aren't allowed to discuss glitches
    permalink [delete]
    BoatFish Jan 8, 2012 5:23 pm
    Maybe if you're cursed in Asylum at the beginning you get the super secret!
    permalink [delete]
    BoatFish Jan 8, 2012 5:26 pm
    Very interesting EXPLOIT...now that we are not discussing glitches, maybe by using the BBE, you can bring something special to Oscar in the beginning, in return for the flask and key.
    permalink [delete]
    somebody_else Jan 8, 2012 6:44 pm
    as far as opening shortcut to izalith with any covenant goes. it's a myth
    completely maxed darkwraith can't open it. but as you defeat BoC, you can open it even without any covenant or rank
    permalink [delete]
    Digital-Ashes re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Digital-Ashes Jan 8, 2012 8:04 pm
    I can dispute some things for Onion head for you Glyph. I have tried the whole let him fight and save him deal. No go. He will still hallow. I have even gotten him to survive with 100% health and nothing. I have a couple of theories about him though and how to maybe get to the good ending.

1. I believe he hollows because he despairs. You, the player, are constantly saving him. You open the gate which he couldn't get pass, you kill the knights that have him trapped, you give him moss in the swamp, and you help him out in Izalith. I believe he despairs because he feels weak or inadequate to you or that he wasn't what he believed himself to be. So, he tries one more adventure to prove himself but goes hollow.

2. This my theory that I've been meaning to try but haven't gotten around to it. I want to try at least make him feel like he accomplished something. So, when he asks "Was it you who opened the gate?" I will say no. If that doesn't work I will let him kill the monsters in Izalith and leave. Of course I'll weaken them first but I will let him dive in and kill the last one. Then, i will proceed on to save his daughter.

3. If not of this works I will try to get both him and his daughter at Firelink at the same time. I believe this can be done if I just ignore him once I save him from Anor Londo. I just need to move on and save his daughter.

By the way, it's been way too long since I've been in here. I suddenly got a bunch of games that piled up because of Christmas.

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 pm

SeishinKizuna Jan 8, 2012 8:07 pm
    Talking to him at firelink spawns his daughter. I'm fairly certain its impossible to get both of them at the same place at the same time. Chances are his daughter killed him haha.
    permalink [delete]
    glyphblade Jan 8, 2012 10:09 pm
    I hear ya Digital.. I'm currently trying to find out how to get batman to spawn at firelink... I think it has something to do with all the riddler riddles and the pendant.. happy

Maybe also have something to do with Etzio.. or Alt'air...

But of course the info I posted about the onion knight is from a google search on good onion knight, or sigmieyer of catarina good ending.. haven't tried it yet to confirm..

Too many riddles to solve..
    permalink [delete]
    Nchuleftingth Jan 8, 2012 10:23 pm
    I saw it mentioned that Seathe can only be killed by ranged attacks... I have only ever killed Seathe by melee. Also, never have I see the Catarina woman.
    permalink [delete]
    Nchuleftingth Jan 8, 2012 10:32 pm
    Nevermind, read it wrong.

I find it hard to believe we haven't found it yet. We can find ridiculous things like the BB glitch, but we can't figure out things MEANT to be in the game? Doubt it. My debbie-downer opinion is that it all got scrapped. Just a big old pile of anticipation is built, and then they got rid of it. Remember the sixth stone in Demon's Souls? To the land of the Giants? I can't help but feel that it was simply a scrap. Otherwise, why make it?

I am a sad panda to admit it, I truly am. But I cannot help but feel that we've hit the end.
    permalink [delete]
    fredacula Jan 9, 2012 12:05 am
    Thank you for answer regarding the vagrant and the T-demon:-) oh and the T- demon did not spawn.
    permalink [delete]
    Dustofsaturn Jan 9, 2012 12:40 am
    Who says that Lordran isn't the land of Giants and that the sixth stone... is this entire game.
    permalink [delete]
    kynido Jan 9, 2012 2:35 am
    You say that as a joke, but it's scarily believable. I mean, there's barely an enemy in the game that's your height or smaller, and most who are aren't from Lordran anyway.
    permalink [delete]
    BrosukeNattyIce Jan 9, 2012 2:46 am
    I wonder how that would tie in with the Old One from the first game.

Doesn't that kinda diminish the overarching them of Demon's Souls?
    permalink [delete]
    kynido Jan 9, 2012 3:24 am
    Honestly I never even finished Demon's Souls. Rented it a few years ago and took it back the day after, defeated:)
    permalink [delete]
    Drethan Jan 9, 2012 6:08 am
    Yeah, boob lady would suit fine in a world of giants anyway.
    permalink [delete]
    killzoner4dead re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    killzoner4dead Jan 9, 2012 8:46 am
    I have noticed a thing at the Firelink Graveyard.
    There are places which "stand out" from the graveyard , like a place with stones.Those stones have some markings on them ,I'm not sure what it is.It looks like someone was slashing the stones.Could this be a clue or hint or something?

Also,could the city which you see from the Catacombs entrance be Blight town?When I was in Blight town from the Depths it was hard to believe that that is a town.No structures,only wooden bridges and so on...So could that city be Blight town or just mere scenery ?
    permalink [delete]
    fredacula Jan 9, 2012 10:03 am
    killzoner4dead@ i have seen this to. i will look into it, the markings/cuts seem like their put there. Anny ideas from the people regarding this?:-) KMP!
    permalink [delete]
    Digital-Ashes Jan 9, 2012 12:57 pm
    @Glyph: I assume you're playing Arkahm City and Revelations. lol. Exactly how many game are you juggling right now?
    permalink [delete]
    Cagaroth re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Cagaroth Jan 9, 2012 1:10 pm
    @killzoner4dead :
    Yeah i have seen this too, but I'm sure glyph has tried things on it... (Ornstein was said to be able to cut stones in half with his mighty spear, or something like that... says the leo ring, right?)
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 9, 2012 1:33 pm
    I can't help but feel there is a secret with hollow Rhea because of her inability to do any damage at all or cast any spells. I tried pulling her to the bonfire and rested and she doesn't vanish she just continues punching you. I was going to do some more testing with her until the lizardman respawned after the bonfire test and killed her (they attacked her over me) so frustrated I have to wait until a new game. Perhaps pulling her to the two non aggressive experiments might do something. I tried dropping a pedant in her cave, nothing.
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey Jan 9, 2012 1:42 pm
    I find it suspect that you find a Great Heroes Soul right before Logain hollows. It sounds like it would be his.
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 9, 2012 1:53 pm
    You don't need to do anything with logan to get that soul.
    permalink [delete]
    professorOfLies re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    professorOfLies Jan 9, 2012 3:07 pm
    @Seishin I tried to pull rhea to the crying pisacas, but she would lose aggro before getting to the bottom of the stairs. I had the same issue with the serpent guards killing her.
    permalink [delete]
    Drethan Jan 9, 2012 3:10 pm
    @Seishin
    I just tried pulling her around the room with both the sound on and off like 5 minutes ago. However, I locked her up when I was done with her (that awfully sounds wrong, I know). So, she is still alive, hollow and locked up in her cell in my playthrough. If there is anything anyone wants me to test, I'd be more than happy.
    @professor
    I actually got her into the room with picasas but, picasas were dead..
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 9, 2012 3:21 pm
    I see. Thanks, the last thing I can think of is try casting undead rapport on her.

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm

Drethan Jan 9, 2012 3:24 pm
    Will do, sir.
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 9, 2012 3:28 pm
    Thank you, it saves me a playthrough haha. Now I can start on my cursed playthrough idea.
    permalink [delete]
    Dustofsaturn Jan 9, 2012 3:54 pm
    I've kicked Reah all the way to the two passive picassas. Nothing happens.

I've seen those rocks in the middle of the graveyard and it looks like some kind of say japanese symbol? (random stab at a language)
    permalink [delete]
    darkbro re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    darkbro Jan 9, 2012 7:48 pm
    hi every one i joined here for this dessication the other day I started NG++ and went and kill copra demone and then back to fire link and reah and and other npc was there then reload the game and she was not there then went to catacombs patches was not in catacombs but i found dev massge by seek guidens it say lair and then went to ToG and saved her then boght every thing from her and she is gone.
    and for the pendant it let rank up in way of the white i think not proof if you finish the game form start to end with pendant as starting gift and not leaving way of the white you will rank up in it every NG that all and sorry for my English
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 9, 2012 7:56 pm
    Seeing how there is no reward for the covenant nor does it have a +1 or +2 or +3 I can't see how that could be possible.
    permalink [delete]
    Serious_Much re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Serious_Much Jan 9, 2012 8:04 pm
    well this is his first message post and has only been a member since yesterday...

Is the view good from under that bridge troll?
    permalink [delete]
    darkbro re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    darkbro Jan 9, 2012 9:34 pm
    @Serious_Much
    the message taken half hour to write so i do not think it is trolling and it just an idea not proved
    permalink [delete]
    glyphblade Jan 9, 2012 9:56 pm
    hmm..

so has anyone had a way of the white with the pendant from start to finish and noticed the option to use the pendant.. and or saw way of the white rank 1?

I'll likely do a test with this.. I have had my suspisions with way of the white for some time.. If you kill Petrus, Reah lives or visa versa .. you can never be without an option to join way of the white throughout your playthrough..

or it's the only covenant with two active npc's you can join through..

I was currently testing Forest Hunter Rank 3 right from the start of a new game.. and Chaos Blade to see it Shiva would do anything..

So far nothing.. I know others have tested it.. but I will run a series of tests with the idea of a full covenant run from start to finish

Already being a sunlight warrior at the start of the game, a way of the white, a darkmoon, a forest hunter, a princess guard..

why those - ?

Sunlight Warrior for Solaire and the broken statue..

Way of the White - for either Onion Knight (he does give you a miracle) or Reah with the pendant..

Sunlight Guard for the piscassa medussa's

Possibly Dragon Covenant fully ranked...

darkmoon for the empty chest in Gwyndolins... I know, the maiden set.. in the dukes.. but I have looted the chest before going to dukes and it was empty..

all to see if theres a difference and or carry over..

I am hoping that joining a covenant before killing gwyn, then progressing through the new game +(x) without changing covenants and getting to Gwyn again might show something new..

(X = how ever many ng's to many ++++++)

I left out Gravelord and Darkwraith because I don't think there are any secrets pertaining to them.. and they are popular enough with new game low level griefers that if anything was going to be discovered.. they likely would have...

on last note.. again guys lets keep the thread clean.. if you don't like someones idea.. a simple

"I don't agree with your theory, but good luck." . or "your crazy, there is no way that would ever work.. but let us know how it turns out"

No need for hostility or belittling comments.. it's a game.. and people can play it anyway they want to..

and who knows.. they might be right...
    permalink [delete]
    Acidic_Cook re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Acidic_Cook Jan 10, 2012 12:08 am
    Well, Glyph, I got to say that your posts and searching for secrets that others and myself have not found, and your ability to search and confirm things is astounding. I just wanted to post and say contests, mate.
    permalink [delete]
    Acidic_Cook Jan 10, 2012 12:09 am
    Contest? Congrats, I mean. The IPod is crappy when auto correct, even if the wird written is right.
    permalink [delete]
    Giantunicornsky Jan 10, 2012 8:55 am
    @ glyph
    I can try the way of the white run-through. I was planning to do a miracle based character anyway.
    permalink [delete]
    FlamingHarlekin re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    FlamingHarlekin Jan 10, 2012 9:58 am
    Wazzup All, I found something nice on a side where they are talking about "Pygmy"
    Mybe it will help you all.

If you want the side where i found it then

Here:

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/dark-souls/6255/more-pygmy-pendant-theory-spoilers/519951/

So:

my theory is that the darksign is the pygmys abilty , or his lineage .. and that those with the darksign aren't all particularly special , but they allow his will to be fufilled .. eventually .. over a long period of time. now whetehr that is actually the ending of the world , or the saving of it ... is anyones guess .. as i think the true nature and influence of the pygmy are just completely obfuscated from the rest of the world .. or time .. and that if the pendant at all relates to the pygmy , then it would trigger the memories of the pygmy within someone , mabye you or another npc , ive since gotten patches back as a vendor in firelink shrine and can gladly confirm that he doesnt care about the pendant hehe.

the only person in the game that really could be a true descendant of the pygmy or the pygmy itself , is the fire keeper of anor londo , her real name in the strategy guide is Lady of the Darkling , now the darkling , that could be the pygmy , its said in the description of her armor set , the brass armor , that it hides her hideous form ... this also ties into the theory of the first child of Gwyn .. gwynevere being his 2nd child , and gwyndolin the 3rd ... Gwyns firstborn was apparently cast out of the realm for unknown reasons and people have forgotten his existance .... forgotten ? pygmy ? hehe anyway the Lady of the darkling is considered to be either the returned first child of gwyn, or a loyal protector / lover or daughter of the first child of gwyn .. either way .. it says int he stratgey guide she is sworn to protect gwynevere and qwyndolin , so being the actual descendant of gwyn is a bit much .. but if the first child of gwyn was exiled because it was the pygmy (really starting to lose any meaning of the word pygmy) or "darkling" then the darkling had a daughter or lover that returned to watch over and protect the darklings siblings .. thats just ... my head hurts

ultimately i think its a marvelous red herring on the developers part , either that or bugs prevent the conditions for anything further to be revealed .. and that woudl suck ..

reeading various translations of developer interviews , you hear the terms and concept of role playing alot.. like they want people to find a reason to stay in the world .. and not finish the game .. to role play as a character or in a covenant ..

this leads me to think that the intentional mystery of the pygmy , and the pendant item , and other various things .. like the *** geometry of the world .. are there for people to sink their imagination into .. as the actual game behind all that is fairly static and not particularly conducive to role-playing at least beyond choosing what you look like and how you fight etc .. so yeah ill be happy if someone finds the magical secret room of pygmy pendant mindblowing extravaganzas .. but otheriwise ill be content thinking that its all in my head
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 10, 2012 10:43 am
    This isn't a forum where we think the pedant is a form of roleplaying or we wouldn't be spending the time trying to find out its secret but thanks for posting your idea and good luck testing it winking
    permalink [delete]
    FlamingHarlekin Jan 10, 2012 10:53 am
    i'm not testing anything - cuz everything i read till now has mostly already been testet. and this is just an idea, mybe it helps you all get a new view how something could work and at the start there was alot of talk about the pedant and pygmy so i just thought i hit it.

So Peace And GL.
    permalink [delete]
    BaconCrisps85 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    BaconCrisps85 Jan 10, 2012 12:01 pm
    I had a thought. If we look at typical fantasy RPGs the convention is your character can wear two rings ( one on each hand ) and a necklace. I find it odd that there is only one necklace item in the entire game that you can have in your inventory. Perhaps there is no location or context driven event that will allow you to "use" the pendant, but rather a location or event that allows you to equip i.e. through your equipped items/weapons menu and not the items page. My thought is that maybe at a certain time you can select it to place on your head as a helmet selection or as one of your ring slots. That seems like a big "maybe" as the programmers would have had to script the pendant to act like a piece of armor/ring, but whatever, throwing it out on the table since as far as I know we know very little about the backstory to our protagonist and the memories could be our own.
    permalink [delete]
    whatisausername Myths page
    whatisausername Jan 10, 2012 3:57 pm
    I went ahead and made the "myths page" I suggested earlier.
    Felt kind of wrong, considering I'm a noob at this wiki, but whatever.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Myths
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 10, 2012 4:12 pm
    What man looks like you spent a wopping 10 minutes on that page~
    permalink [delete]
    Shravan12 Jan 10, 2012 6:02 pm
    I don't think there are any secret covenants or secret endings because people have already platinumed and the secret covenants or endings would surely be in the trophy list...right?
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 10, 2012 6:03 pm
    Trophies don't make games.
    permalink [delete]
    Acid_Rabbitz Jan 10, 2012 6:10 pm
    I used to have a Trophy, then I took an Arrow to the MIracles

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Acid_Rabbitz Jan 10, 2012 6:19 pm
    SideNote:

What if Undead Rapport is the solution to getting these ' secret ' doors open..

Maybe it has to be an enemy susceptible to its effects, that will break down the door?

way out there idea but it could be an anser if not tried thoroughly already... im currently going over every area using it..
    permalink [delete]
    Shravan12 Jan 10, 2012 7:12 pm
    Wait the snake guys in sens can break down walls so has anyone tried breaking down walls with their sword (fully upgraded)?
    permalink [delete]
    Acid_Rabbitz Jan 10, 2012 7:31 pm
    ok also..... Black eye orb from Launtec transfer over with BB glitch ... lol
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 10, 2012 8:59 pm
    @Acid yeah I use that all the time to get a extra soul and ring (You can kill Lautrec and use it)
    permalink [delete]
    Acid_Rabbitz Jan 10, 2012 9:42 pm
    nice so it will still vibrate in Anor??? ooooo spider senses tingling ^_^

another note... there are soo many griefers in Undead Burg its pathetic... all have light weapons and TWOP...

omg its funny
    permalink [delete]
    Firemann28 Jan 11, 2012 9:57 am
    From Software is planning downloadable content for Dark Souls despite earlier claims of the opposite, according to EGM. A source close to the game revealed that additional game content is currently being finalised and that we could see it at some point in the next three months.

No further details were revealed, although EGM also pointed out that From Software trademarked 'Yami No Mori' late last year, which translates as 'Forest of Darkness' or 'Dark Forest', although there's nothing to suggest the two are related.

What would you like to see from Dark Souls DLC?

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/121/1216273p1.html
    permalink [delete]
    Whybob1234 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Whybob1234 Jan 11, 2012 10:43 am
    Has anyone tried going to A yellow light that says sealed with the great lords power in full Gwyn armor or fighting Gwyn in full Gwyn armor. Maybe with Pendant aswell
    permalink [delete]
    Firemann28 Jan 11, 2012 11:12 am
    Why Bob?
    permalink [delete]
    kynido Jan 11, 2012 10:08 pm
    Had a thought the other day. This is probably going to be the most impossible theory to test ever, but what if dropping the pendant and dying forms a special type of vagrant in someone else's world? I've only ever run into one vagrant in all my playthroughs, a bad one blocking the bridge with the silver knight snipers in Anor Londo, and I have no idea how the things actually work, but it's just a thought. Like I said, probably no way to test it though as the vagrants seem to appear at random.
    permalink [delete]
    anson1986 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    anson1986 Jan 12, 2012 12:11 am
    I've been doing a little re-reading to see what has been suggested and what has actually been tested. Someone said FROM software was big on using wells in their games; has anyone dropped the pendant in the wells?

also @Acid nice Skyrim reference. I used to have Skyrim references, but then I took an arrow in my meme
    permalink [delete]
    FlamingHarlekin Jan 12, 2012 2:33 am
    @Shravan12
    It just shows us that everything could break that wall down so..the thought that a fully upgraded wep. could break a wall is a waste of time.

Ive been thinking about all the other NPCs in the game, that they mybe have a story that leads us to our secred that we r looking for.
    Painted World - The dragon chick
    Anor L. - O&S?
    Just everyone that hasen't really been in the screen might have something for us and we just have to find out how to get the infos.
    permalink [delete]
    SeishinKizuna Jan 12, 2012 2:39 am
    Sigh cant someone post something useful or smart...
    permalink [delete]
    Scrufffy re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Scrufffy Jan 12, 2012 2:57 am
    I'm postponing any additional secret work I do. (Been thinking and trying stuff but no results so no posts here). I'll decide whether to try again after a few months, to see if we get any dlc or new patch. If we do then maybe I'll restart assuming said path/dlc doesn't suddenly cause us to get the answer to our secret search. o -o
    permalink [delete]
    Adrikekz Jan 12, 2012 5:47 am
    Anyone tried using the dark hand on frampt?
    permalink [delete]
    Cloudrunner re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Cloudrunner Jan 12, 2012 11:14 am
    Is it possible to get into the deeper parts of Duke's Archives without encountering Seath? I know once you get into that first library room after the first elevator, with the channeler and the stairwell behind him, going to right up the stairs and then taking a left SHOULD take you further into the library towards the crystal caves... I just don't know if that area is blocked before you fight Seath. Maybe if you take that path and get to the prison before fighting him, something will be different?
    permalink [delete]
    ublug Jan 12, 2012 1:12 pm
    The path to the other part of the library is blocked by a bookcase. I think it moves aside when you turn the stairs for the first time, after escaping the archive prison.
    permalink [delete]
    Arrow_in_the_knee re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Arrow_in_the_knee Jan 12, 2012 2:57 pm
    I read all of this over the past week and holy ****. Wow. Amazing job everyone. I have nothing really to contribute but i do not have xbox live so no updates or covenants really. Anything to try???
    permalink [delete]
    Serious_Much re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Serious_Much Jan 12, 2012 3:08 pm
    @Arrow to the...

I cant say it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDfxde8fSg
    permalink [delete]
    anson1986 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    anson1986 Jan 12, 2012 3:40 pm
    @Serious THANK YOU. My sarcasm didn't translate properly. I hate the arrow in the knee gag. The" nice one" was supposed to be like a "thanks for bringing that skyrim garbage to the dark souls page." Memes are stupid. The thing I generally like about demon and dark souls is that mostly core gamers play these games. Anyway back to the thread...we keep asking questions and no one is responding and I trhink some idas are getting forgotten but not disproven. So if you have an answer to these questions please respond:

Has anyone dropped a pendant in any wells?

Has anyone used a dark hand on frampt?

Has anyone successfully looted the maiden's clothes from the chest in Gwyndolin's?

Has anyone seen the eigth color prism stone and if so do you remember where?

Has anyone cast undead rapport on the hollowed reah?

Has anyone completed a cursed run?

Has anyone completed a way of white run?

Has anyone gone a whole playthrough without changing gear?

Is anyone in the process of testing something that takes time (ie a no bonfire run, way of white run, cursed run, no estus run)

Has anyone tried beating the last boss with only the pendant in their inventory?

These are all ideas from the last ten pages. All have been asked or proposed and some have been responded to in the form of "I'll try that" but how much of this is actually getting tested? Obviously we are all trying things but before we hang our heads and say "we've tried everything," let's try everything. I've been trying undead rapport on everyone I can find and (unsuccessfully) trying to kill every enemy in the game with one character. Maybe with everyone dead (save the respawning misquitos) something happens. I dunno. Mostly a lot of casting undead rapport, throwing prism stones, and killing things.
    permalink [delete]
    Giantunicornsky Jan 12, 2012 4:08 pm
    I am doing a WoW run at the moment... its alittle hard but i can make it through il update if anything is different from normal

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

glyphblade Jan 12, 2012 4:45 pm
    In the King's Field games, some magic crystals (used for learning spells) we're in holes, that required dropping into..

these area's had no way of escape except for teleporting back out..

In some ways they we're comparable to wells.. I do think I remember in King's Field 2 you could drop down one well in the beginning area, and if you didn't die from the fall damage there was some treasure.

In Kings Field 1 there were many pits, or drops which again, more loot.

In all of the King's Field Games you had to do a suicide drop jump to a remote area to get the Katana bladed weapon.. again, only way back was to teleport..

There is the crazy Jump which you either land, or die to get the Iaito katana..

I have tried dropping into the firelink well.. I mean it has a ramp running right to it.. is spaced just right to jump to.. all times I have died from fall damage...

will 99 VIT, mask and I think both tiny being ring and Lautrecs Ring.. hp topped out around 2300..

either way all tests resulted in death.. either from fall damage.. or falling to excess and dying.. you fall, camera zooms out, your character gets smaller, you die..

In King's field 2, in a semi optional quest near the beginning level... talking to an npc, going and killing a minor boss, or accessing another level, then back tracking to the npc..

she gave you a necklace.. that again going back to the area, interacting with a corpse opened a visable barrier.. which you looted a magic spell..

Thats the one and only reason I have been so convinced that the pendant does indeed do something..

Necklace being another word for pendant..

assassins creed hasn't ben as gripping as I was hoping for.. so I'll likely do a way of the white run over the next couple days..

and then of course download content.. that sounds great... can't wait..
    permalink [delete]
    JohnnyHarpoon Jan 12, 2012 4:46 pm
    I'm sure Pendant in the well, Dark Hand on Frampt, Cursed run, WoW run, no gear change run (you'd just be naked with a broken sword) and Pendant only run won't do anything.

I mean, I haven't tested, but after all the effort people have put into **** up to now, I just don't think any of these would make a difference.
    permalink [delete]
    Acidic_Cook Jan 12, 2012 6:33 pm
    ... Have you tried to do A Drop attack onto Frampt's Head from the Nest? It seems as if the Back of his head has a Patch, and it might be 'penetrable'.
    permalink [delete]
    BoatFish Jan 13, 2012 1:37 am
    You say the pendant's in Kings Field? Maybe that explains the fond memories comfort travelers bit in the description....
    permalink [delete]
    fredacula Jan 13, 2012 2:20 am
    i tried dropping a pendant down the well in firelink. nothing happen + i got no pendant:( gonna try in new londo next!happy
    permalink [delete]
    BoatFish Jan 13, 2012 9:49 am
    Guys what if we really are looking to far into the pendant. I've been pondering two possible solutions to the mystery. 1) The pendant COULD be used for a new covenant in the dlc should it release, explaining why you can farm them in the forest. Maybe they new about dlc the whole time but did not know how successful the game was gonna be, so they through the pendant in for collecting since it takes a while just to get, say, 3. 2) It is an allusion to Kings Field that only someone who has played the game enough could remember, bringing fond memories of the great game.
    permalink [delete]
    Digital-Ashes Jan 13, 2012 1:11 pm
    So, a Dark Souls petition for the game to come to PC has caught the attention of NAMCO. Though, i really hate to say it, and I truly do, but I am certain someone is going to hack the game and look at all of its secrets. Not an honorable way of doing it but we all know it's bound to happen.

This is, of course, if NAMCO decides to release it. Who knows, maybe we'll get 1.06 update and fix some of the glitches. And speaking of glitches my game kind of reset itself a bit. i haven't played in awhile and I come back on today in Anor Londo. Made my way to Ornstein and Smough and decided to make a run for the gate to my left. Didn't feel like fighting the giant knights. To my surprise, it's closed. I remember opening it and getting pissed because the giant knight kept hitting me through the gate. Also, I remember talking to the giant blacksmith beforehand and as proof I got the chaos blade. Then, just before Ornstein and Smough one of the giants in the room charged me, turned around and run up some stairs on the otherside. And finally, and this I'm not 100% on, I went to fight Orny and Smog and the cutscene began. i could of sworn I fought them beforehand so there shouldn't be a cutscene. It was all a bit weird.

Also, seeing as I've been a way for awhile but what's this new theory involving the Way of White?
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey Jan 13, 2012 1:14 pm
    re: "You say the pendant's in Kings Field? Maybe that explains the fond memories comfort travelers bit in the description...."

This made my stomach upset because it kinda makes sense.

Also, the Pendant IS farmable but only in MP. The only way you could get it offline is starting gift or dead Reah. Every other Faction item is farmable offline. Granted, Dragon Scales are a bastard to farm and so are Dead Eyes, but still farmable.

Last night I broke down, took the 360 to my brothers and played for a few hours.

Yeah...a month away and you forget how hard the general game is. I was able to take on hot spider chick lady easy enough but f*ck me if those damned flies didn't whoop my *** 4 out of 5 times. Talk about a tiny hit box...

Sorry, off topic. Regarding the "wells" there are actual coins that you get in game. Maybe those are what you're suppose to use?
    permalink [delete]
    ublug Jan 13, 2012 2:19 pm
    I tried to drop coins into (or rather onto) wells, in both firelink and lower undead burg, but nothing happened.
    permalink [delete]
    murdocdark re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    murdocdark Jan 13, 2012 3:37 pm
    Has anybody tried a specific date? something like the halloween thing in demon souls, maybe there is a date where we'll see something about the pendant
    permalink [delete]
    Shravan12 Jan 13, 2012 4:48 pm
    Doesn't namco understand that if it gets released for PC it's going to be exposed to mass pirating and hacking!
    permalink [delete]
    whatisausername re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    whatisausername Jan 13, 2012 5:46 pm
    Can you make the Iron Golem smash the wall behind it?
    permalink [delete]
    Acid_Rabbitz Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm
    If it gets pirated and hacked .. its Namcos responsibility to deal with the aftermaths.

They havent said yes though either ... so maybe someone has Brains somewhere in that company..
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey Jan 14, 2012 12:08 am
    @Acid_Rabbitz
    Kinda doubt it since they let us Xboxers play along.

So ppl, it looks like we're facing a potential deadline. If it gets PC ported someone will decode the game. We have until then to figure it out on our own.

Alright Dark Souls, challenge accepted. Come tuesday this hollow man is calling the electric company.
    permalink [delete]
    Zenwolf_ re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Zenwolf_ Jan 14, 2012 12:45 am
    In regards to Way of the White questions: I posted my results back on page 70, but no one commented. Here it is again, in any case:

I have tried many different combinations with Way of the White:

Started as female Cleric.
    Pendant starting gift.
    Saved Reah and tried all manner of communicating with her using Pendant, White Seance Ring, Maiden set, etc. She still goes Hollow in Archives. Could not save her in Archives.
    Tried saving Pisaca sisters and let them live. Nothing changed even up until Gwyn battle.
    Tried casting all manner of spells at all Infant Statues using various healing, seek guidance, etc while wearing White Seance ring and Ring of the Sun's Firstborn, Maiden set, Cleric set from patches.
    First playthrough in Way of the White. Placed Lordvessel with Frampt. Chose "To Link the Fire" ending.
    Tried Hitting all suspicious areas with fully upgraded Divine weapon while in Way of White, White Seance Ring, Maiden Set, Ring of Firstborn.
    Tried using Great Lightning Spear on various suspicious hidden door areas.
    Tried Wearing Gwyn's full garb and Great Lord greatsword to hit all suspicious walls/doors.
    I left Firekeeper soul on the altar where Reah would appear. Nothing changed.
    I used no Firekeeper souls first playthrough, nothing changed.
    In second playthrough, used White Seance ring and Ring of the Sun's firstborn the entire time.

I'm sure I tried some other stuff, but no luck so far.

Peace,
    Zenwolf_
    permalink [delete]
    fredacula Jan 14, 2012 4:29 am
    Great work zenwolf!:-) lots of things ruled out.. im gonna work on the whole well thing for now. wonder if the game counts your deaths..
    permalink [delete]
    ublug Jan 14, 2012 8:31 am
    I went to Oswald to absolve my sins, and noticed I had no option to talk to him. I killed Petrus before Reah came to firelink, then killed her bodyguards when they appeared. Didn't join way of white either.
    I know I had the option to talk to him after killing Petrus on other occasions. Does this just happen if you kill Petrus early, or is it related to way of white? (He does say "you seem to lack faith" if you are not a member.)
    permalink [delete]
    dawwgss Jan 14, 2012 8:52 am
    I was wondering about the embers, why is there an option to keep them, it seems a bit suspect. As far as i know they dont carry over to NG+. Is there possibly another use for them, I doubt it but just having that option got to me
    permalink [delete]
    JohnnyHarpoon Jan 14, 2012 3:59 pm
    Embers don't carry over. I always keep Embers I don't need, and have never found a use for them.
    permalink [delete]
    Arrow_in_the_knee re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Arrow_in_the_knee Jan 14, 2012 6:12 pm
    I just fought the iron golem and after all his attacks hit that big wall nothing happened. I used the pendant and dropped it and everything and nothing happened.

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Carphil07 Jan 14, 2012 7:46 pm
    Can you "drop" embers? If you can, have someone tried to drop the chaos ember in the bed of chaos boss area?

Has someone tried to drop a important item in the abyss? I would do it myself but I'm on a trip
    permalink [delete]
    Carphil07 Jan 14, 2012 7:55 pm
    I just fought something really crazy really fast and maybe someone already tried this but i don't care: Has anyone tried to beat Gwyn and Imediately consuming his soul before doing an ending?
    permalink [delete]
    Acidic_Cook Jan 14, 2012 9:24 pm
    I consumed Gwyn's Souls at the start, after I killed Gwyn. With my character, I just consumed all Boss Souls, cause I don't need them. I consumed Gwyn's Soul, after killing him, then I touched the Bonfire. Ending was the same.
    permalink [delete]
    Carphil07 Jan 14, 2012 9:57 pm
    awww to bad :/

The search continues!
    permalink [delete]
    thedarksun re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    thedarksun Jan 15, 2012 4:55 am
    Im sorry guys for interapting but i noticed that when im summoned in the forest to kill sif with a forest conenant player i see shiva as a an npcs which is weird because as phatom i shouldnt be allowed to....but then i thought why shiva...the forest conenant give you the pendant...so maybe we been thinking wrong all that time...could it be that the pendant is used in muliplayer session with a phantom and why the hell do i see shiva as a phantom.....just in idea
    permalink [delete]
    popyea re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    popyea Jan 15, 2012 5:04 am
    @thedarksun
    Was he fully visible, or like a ghost? All npc's should appear like ghosts to phantoms. If he was fully visible, it was probably the host playing dress up or something. Were you summoned by the cat ring or were you summoned by a player to fight sif?
    permalink [delete]
    Dustofsaturn Jan 15, 2012 9:15 am
    Shiva is always seen as normal I'm fairly certain.
    permalink [delete]
    thedarksun re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    thedarksun Jan 15, 2012 9:34 am
    No he was not the host ^_^ and i was summoned for coop and shiva was fully visible i want to try to attack him but i couldnt because i feared it might destroy the host game...i mean its really strange for me so im asking guys is seeing shiva fully visibe is normal?
    permalink [delete]
    kennereth re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    kennereth Jan 15, 2012 6:42 pm
    Hey guys,
    Just another thing to try out:
    In Tomb of Giants, specifically the place where you get the ember, one of the walls seemed a bit strange to me. Then I just wondered if perhaps it could be like the Chaos Cov, another gate which opens up after ranking up.
    Any Gravelord +2 or +3 willing to check it out?
    Also, I recall someone saying they tried praying at every statue with the White Seance Ring equipped....were you also part of the WoW?
    permalink [delete]
    rkumri01 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    rkumri01 Jan 15, 2012 9:25 pm
    Hi guy's,
    Been following this thread for awhile and it amazes me how good you guy's are doing.

I was in NG+ and I've noticed some thing's strange. I tried to play my new character in human form throughout the whole game and I'm not sure if some of the occurances are normal but these are 2 things I've seen that were not in my other games (I've NG+ 4 different characters).

1. Right before the Capra demon before the sewers There was 2 thiefs standing on the street (not hiding in the rooms). They were red colour like being invaded but as NPC as no sign was said I was being invaded. They played like NPC.

2. Blightown (via shortcut), was invaded by Silver knight something, then invaded by the fat chick with the butchers knife. I killed the butchers knife npc but the silver knight never came. I could sit at bonfire and when I went to fight the boss, no sign came up saying silver knight has left.

3. Sunlight altar, I ran past the red wyvern, He flies off, but when I reset and walk back to the bridge he flys back breathing fire again.

These are some occurances I've had. Please let me know if you have had the same thing's.

Thanks guy's keep up the great work.
    permalink [delete]
    rkumri01 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    rkumri01 Jan 15, 2012 9:31 pm
    Sorry on a side note, in Anor Londo where you fight the 2 bosses. Have a look at the statues at the back. Has 3 pillars with Gwen and big boobs but one is missing a statue...
    Also in Lost Izaeth, where the second bonfire is when you run up the bridge root and down, to the left is a room which is covered with roots.

I honestly think there must be a secret pathway around New Londo ruins after you have drawn the water. Some pillars look like you can walk on it. Will put my scuba gear on and see what I can find.
    permalink [delete]
    Dustofsaturn Jan 15, 2012 9:55 pm
    The missing statue of O&S would be Gwyndolins but all of his statues were destroyed because of a back story of which I can't remember.
    permalink [delete]
    Carphil07 Jan 15, 2012 9:57 pm
    Not sure but maybe because he is weak and want to be hidden, controling people through Gwynevere's ilusion
    permalink [delete]
    Zenwolf_ re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    Zenwolf_ Jan 16, 2012 12:58 am
    @kennereth -- yes, I prayed to all the statues while in WoW.

I also spent quite a bit of time trying to open that wall in Tomb where the ember was.

No luck.
    permalink [delete]
    murdocdark Jan 16, 2012 2:43 am
    a little question, has anybody fought RED wheel skeletons in the painted world? in my ng+ i fought 3 of they weren't red in my frist play
    permalink [delete]
    kynido Jan 16, 2012 3:38 am
    To the people mentioning the "red" enemies, that's what happens when your world is infected by a Gravelord servant. I didn't know either until I read it on here somewhere.
    permalink [delete]
    drago1uk2000 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    drago1uk2000 Jan 16, 2012 11:17 am
    http://youtu.be/ISyMooweS-E

Meh.
    permalink [delete]
    murdocdark Jan 16, 2012 12:51 pm
    Even if i wasn't online?
    permalink [delete]
    PipoXXXmax Jan 16, 2012 1:12 pm
    What about the music that wakes up the piscacas in Duke's Archives? Maybe the do something to walls or to the mechanisms, something like walls that disappear/move when the music is on. Never tried looking all over that place WITH the MUSIC.
    permalink [delete]
    PipoXXXmax Jan 16, 2012 1:14 pm
    @drago1uk2000 strange, maybe you did something that let reah kill petrus instead of petrus killing her? Maybe you can someway talk to her again or something like that.

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Cloudrunner Jan 16, 2012 2:24 pm
    Eh, I had a similar thing happen. I don't think I properly exhausted dialogue with Petrus before Reah left for the catacombs. When I rescued her, Petrus didn't have any additional dialogue and Reah couldn't be found in either firelink or parish. I later found her in Duke's Archives, hollowed. After that I killed Petrus, having no more use for him. When I came back later, Reah was at firelink, in the spot she originally spawned in before leaving. She had all the 'after rescued' dialogue and sold miracles.

I think somehow I just bugged out the quest progression. It seems pretty likely considering how fragile some of the questlines are (See: Siegmeyer)
    permalink [delete]
    meridam99 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
    meridam99 Jan 17, 2012 11:35 am
    Trying to move this thread over to the new Forum site, so I asked if we could get this thread locked. FYI.
    permalink [delete]
    CheaderMonkey Jan 17, 2012 6:57 pm
    This is going to be a Armored Boar of a beast to move to the new site.

I know Msg Brds that dont have as many responses as this one thread does.

Best of luck.

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Ok, so at long last here is Glyphblade's Pendant thread. Each of the prior posts is one page of the old thread. 87 posts, 87 pages. There is a lot of great stuff in here, a great foundation to build upon. Read it well, and add your contribution to this body of knowledge.

The truth is out there...

Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Good job man I apreciate very much!

Already know what to do in my free times big grin

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Jesus &%!@ing Christ, Emergence.

I gave up secret searching a long while ago, but I'm glad this thread is back!

Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:35 pm

I stared at the screen and said, "Screw it. I'm making this happen." Meridam was able to preserve it in a file format before me but we could not get it over. So I figured some old fashioned Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V was in order. It didn't take as long as I thought it would, just had to make sure each page was in the right order.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:33 pm

sweet.

did i mention my thread's longer than glyph's now? big grin

off topic ftw.

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:35 pm

I thanked your post by mistake. Enjoy the freebie.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Emergence wrote:I thanked your post by mistake. Enjoy the freebie.

And I thought i got extra rep because i deserved it sad

ah well, thanks emergence big grin

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Love the post serious silly. Thanks for posting this Emergence, I always loved reading through Glyphblade's topic and the attempts by everyone to try and unravel any potential hidden secrets in Dark Souls happy

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    Aztreal

Undead Burg

Post by Aztreal on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:57 am

Has anyone noticed the pathway on the Undead Burg before you fight the Hollow Thieves there's a barricaded wall that has stairs leading somewhere and you can see it from a distance after you go down the ladder when you obtain the basement key. It's an open path indeed and I checked it many times however i don't have a weapon that's fully upgraded. so if someone can test it for me? or try using the pendant. I know for a fact that it's the secret that we've all been searching for.
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:59 am

Sadly it appears stairs behind it or not actually apart of the level. If you could get past the barrier you would probably fall through and die. Easy to test by standing across from it is and shooting arrows, they just past right through.

I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:01 am

Aztreal wrote:Has anyone noticed the pathway on the Undead Burg before you fight the Hollow Thieves there's a barricaded wall that has stairs leading somewhere and you can see it from a distance after you go down the ladder when you obtain the basement key. It's an open path indeed and I checked it many times however i don't have a weapon that's fully upgraded. so if someone can test it for me? or try using the pendant. I know for a fact that it's the secret that we've all been searching for.

Unfortunately that's an avenue that's been explored to no avail. Seems that was a portion From was working on, and then scrapped.

JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:49 am

Emergence wrote:
    Aztreal wrote:Has anyone noticed the pathway on the Undead Burg before you fight the Hollow Thieves there's a barricaded wall that has stairs leading somewhere and you can see it from a distance after you go down the ladder when you obtain the basement key. It's an open path indeed and I checked it many times however i don't have a weapon that's fully upgraded. so if someone can test it for me? or try using the pendant. I know for a fact that it's the secret that we've all been searching for.

Unfortunately that's an avenue that's been explored to no avail. Seems that was a portion From was working on, and then scrapped.

You can actually see the path on the other side of that blockaded door pretty clearly from the platform where you first enter the Lower Burg (the one with the circular platform, before going down the stairs toward the Zombie Dogs). Definitely doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Post by Aztreal on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Has anyone tried killing the stone dragon?

SL 125 - Faith Build - IGN: Aztreal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:22 pm