Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Carphil
Whknight
Back Lot Basher
7 posters

How does the Dragon Stone Torso work?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How does the Dragon Stone Torso work? Empty How does the Dragon Stone Torso work?

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:13 pm

I was planning on joining this covenant, and saw something about getting the dragon torso that turns you into kind of a "dragonoid" with a force attack. But I was wondering if you have to strip your clothing and armor off to use it, or does it go over your armor, maintaining that armor rating. Does it weigh anything?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

How does the Dragon Stone Torso work? Empty Re: How does the Dragon Stone Torso work?

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:15 pm

It's an item so it's used like you would flasks. It strips you of all your armor and you are basicly defenseless, but more easily able to become a glass cannon from my understanding. That's my understanding of it anyhow.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

How does the Dragon Stone Torso work? Empty Re: How does the Dragon Stone Torso work?

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Its like naked, but with a force miracle type which increases your attack power a LOT for a few seconds.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:23 pm

I believe while you are Dragonoid you defenses raise a bit from the amount of Humanity you have as well. I'm working on making on right now, I'll let you know.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:46 pm

It seems like an interesting setup for dex users, and might go well with a kind of pyro theme in the build. It says something also about unarmed attack going up, but does this refer to fist weapons like claws, or bare hands?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:07 pm

bare hand ded attack gets anew move set and gets much stronger though the damage shown on the stat screeen still says 20 you'll usually do 300 or so with a regular r1
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:55 pm

What is the button combo for the barehanded moveset?
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:What is the button combo for the barehanded moveset?

Not sure what you mean by "combo" but...

R1/L1 quick claw swipes
    R2/L2 big claw swipe
    roll R1 bite
    running R1 diagonal claw swipe

My draganoid just got his body a couple days ago.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Cool, thanks...that's what I was looking for. Does the boost to fist attacks require you to be completely unarmed, or do things like claws get a boost from being in dragon form as well?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 pm

The attack boost affects everything, even bows
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:43 pm

The boost is epic, and lasts about 5 or 6 seconds. If you time it right the roar stuns them, breaks their guard, and with the right weapon the fight is over. I have done over 1400 damage on lightly armored foes with my Chaos Man-Serp.

The boost also makes unarmed attacks pretty devastating, between 300 and 400 damage is average. Plus what is cooler than being naked and smashing some guy with your beak for 400+ damage? Lol.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:45 pm

CrackSouls wrote:I believe while you are Dragonoid you defenses raise a bit from the amount of Humanity you have as well. I'm working on making on right now, I'll let you know.

Humanity raises physical defense normally. Being a dragon does not increase the amount. With 99 humanity you are basically going to be going around with a physical defense under 175, there is no way around it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:52 pm

i think the op was asking about the dragon bodies effect on fist type weapons and no claws and caestus's don't get a boost only your bare fists.
    Caroso
    Caroso

Post by Caroso Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Carphil wrote:The attack boost affects everything, even bows

Only weapons. It does not effect pyromancies, sorceries and miracles.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:44 pm

lextune wrote:The boost is epic, and lasts about 5 or 6 seconds. If you time it right the roar stuns them, breaks their guard, and with the right weapon the fight is over. I have done over 1400 damage on lightly armored foes with my Chaos Man-Serp.

The boost also makes unarmed attacks pretty devastating, between 300 and 400 damage is average. Plus what is cooler than being naked and smashing some guy with your beak for 400+ damage? Lol.

Did I read somewhere that if you continue to rank up in the dragon covenant, your boosts from the roar/torso go up as well. Can you confirm this one way or the other?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:14 pm