Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Elevators are dangerous, yo!

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Elevators are dangerous, yo! Empty Elevators are dangerous, yo!

Post by Odinbear Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:45 am

Why do most hosts fall for the "Let's play on the elevator" trick? Happens quite a bit, the red/blue invader runs to the elevator, the host refuses to play a WAIT GAME and follows the invader like a fool. Bam, host dead.

Same thing with hosts, not staying in a SAFE AREA, Once the invader message shows, host constantly want to run into a group of NPCs and while doing so, the invader attacks.

Please hosts, stay away from the elevators and groups of NPCs once the invasion message flashes. TIME IS ON YOUR SIDE, as you cannot be invaded twice. Hold your ground and fight, be patient, and above all don't fall for the tricksters tricks.
    sirnizz
    sirnizz

Elevators are dangerous, yo! Empty Re: Elevators are dangerous, yo!

Post by sirnizz Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 am

That's true !

Last time i was invaded on my way to S&O in Anor Londo, i was on top of the beam, above the painting guardian, i just stood there waiting for him to come, as it's the only way it'll get to me.

Firmly standing with my mage character, Homing Crystal Soul mass, ready and Crystal Spear aimed, here he comes.. hesitate, then charge toward me ! Brutally stop by a spear then try to dodge the homming soul and just die falling !

I love being invaded here this is so much fun
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:06 pm

^ I really enjoy PvP up there too. One of my favorite spots in the game for it. I generally end up throwing myself off just as much I throw them off, but its still fun. A couple of days ago another blue phantom and I had a great bow fight with a host up there. He was all the way on one side and we were on the other. It was pretty awesome. We were all wearing fog rings and trying to sneak up on each other with them.
    anath
    anath

Post by anath Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:21 pm

I was in Oolacile in the area by the chained prisoner when I got invaded. So I waited in the room for a fight with my phantom, hoping to get the damned thing over with so we could move on to Manus. The invader tried to lure us to the elevator, which I didn't understand but my son explained to me abotu the plunging attack. So we just waited. He kept coming back, and beckoning to follow. This went on for like 10 minutes. We tried to move on, thinking he would get the hint that we're not trying to PvP, we're co-oping, but he just followed and tried to do the same damned thing on the elevator by the bonfire. We realize we're not getting rid of this guy until one of us dies, so my phantom goes off to fight him (1v1 instead of 2v1), and he pops humanity. All bets are off now, and I head to the fight with HCSM and HCSS, but by the time I get there, my phantom has died, and I quite frankly suck at PvP, so I died.

The jerk then sends me an XBL message to taunt. It's the only time I've ever indicted and then avoided a person. It was the least enjoyable encounter I've ever had in DS.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 pm

^ I don't really think you lose any honor by fighting alongside your phantoms when you're invaded. I never summon with the intention of ganking, but if you get invaded when you have summons there's no sense in not using what you have to fight them off. I'll usually shoot invaders a bow and one of these: Elevators are dangerous, yo! 3358384175, just to say "look you invaded us, there's 2/3 of us, so that's what you're going to get if you come closer." If they back off I try to let them. You'd be surprised how many will see you do something like that and BSC out instead of pursing the fight.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:15 pm

sirnizz wrote:That's true !

Last time i was invaded on my way to S&O in Anor Londo, i was on top of the beam, above the painting guardian, i just stood there waiting for him to come, as it's the only way it'll get to me.

Firmly standing with my mage character, Homing Crystal Soul mass, ready and Crystal Spear aimed, here he comes.. hesitate, then charge toward me ! Brutally stop by a spear then try to dodge the homming soul and just die falling !

I love being invaded here this is so much fun

i've been blasted off those rafters by invaders with dragon slayer bows so often now that i make a dash for the rotating staircase if i see an invasion message pop up and i'm already up there.

when i'm invaded i usually try to find a clear space to fight in or try to kill off the near by mobs before the invader shows up. what i don't like is when the invader just stands there, hiding behind some enemy like a channeler or tower shield knight or whatever. dude, you wanted a fight, so fight me. i'm not gonna go and agro that mob so might as well get it over with.

if i'm the invader, i sort of expect to be caught in a 3 v 1 and i will use the mobs against the host if they are gullible enough to follow me there. but i don't hide and wait for an ambush or just stand at the feet of sentinel hoping the host will lose their patience. even when i know it's gonna be a 3 v 1, i'm actively hunting the host down and i will take on all 3. i will use luring tactics to try and separate them or lead them into mobs as i said earlier. at worst i can expect the host to waste a few estus making the boss run harder and at best i hope to take 1 or two of them with me (thank you forest campers for the practice).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 pm