Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Help with my build

Varlify
    Varlify

Help with my build Empty Help with my build

Post by Varlify Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 am

Hi guys, a few days ago I completed Demon's Souls with a strength-based build using meat cleaver and a light armor and I liked it a lot. I tried months ago a faith-based build in Dark Souls, but didn't enjoy it too much (it worked though) so I was thinking about playing Dark Souls the same way I played Demon's, could you suggest me any weapons for that build? (I plan to use any weapon I find until I get the weapong said, but I would thank if you guys could recommend one to start with). I don't know if what I want is considered too overpowered, but that's the way I am xD

Thanks in advice. Proper Bow
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Help with my build Empty Re: Help with my build

Post by RANT Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:30 am

try the large/great club, mace/morningaxe, manserpent gs, demon great machete, butcher knife(not as good as meat cleaver but stil good), demon greataxe, greataxe, bk weapons. make sure you top at 40 str unless you wanna one hand a certain weapon.

edit' make sure you pick the bandit as your starting class.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:35 am

well, there is the butcher knife which is pretty close to the meat cleaver in Demon's. it has decent strength scaling from what i remember as well as some sort of healing thingy where you get some health back each time you hit an enemy. plus it's not commonly used, so points for being unique if you go that route.

there's also the manserpent greatsword which is a popular strength weapon. i've recently decided that the great axe my favorite strength weapon though. it hits like a train. if you are going for more of a quality build instead of pure strength, i would recommend the black knight halberd, it is beastly even at minimum required stats. i was using it last night to wreck forest campers at level 41, they were not having a good night…because "Get Off My Lawn!"
    Varlify
    Varlify

Post by Varlify Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will try Butcher's knife (that ''not commonly used'' convinced me xD), is it a good idea to upgrade it to +15 or is it better any other upgrade?
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Varlify wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will try Butcher's knife (that ''not commonly used'' convinced me xD), is it a good idea to upgrade it to +15 or is it better any other upgrade?

depends on how much you are willing to invest into your strength. the minimum is 24 strength and it scales to A at +15. personally, i would take it to +15 and buff with pine resins. with only 24 strength, it should be effective at low levels and probably even into the mid level range. you could get a good chaos weapon out of it, but i prefer the versatility of buffing with pine resin.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:32 pm

the butcher knife might not be as strong as the msgs but it's still pretty good, though not near as good as the meat cleaver was on demon's. it has really good range and can dead angle and has a realy good r2 that's best used after you riposte or backstabs someone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm