Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Ghadis_God
Carphil
BeeSeaEss
The Letter X
somnam
Sentiel
FinPeku
Kiva the wanderer
12 posters

the rolling r1 for the great club

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

the  rolling r1 for the great club Empty the rolling r1 for the great club

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:54 am

CAN THIS BE PARRIED?? I came up against a guy who absolutely sat me down and taught me the ways of the ballay dancer with it.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

the  rolling r1 for the great club Empty Re: the rolling r1 for the great club

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 am

There is always someone who claims it can be parried, but i have never seen it myself or in any video. I think it's impossible. It can be partial parried though.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:42 am

FinPeku wrote:There is always someone who claims it can be parried, but i have never seen it myself or in any video. I think it's impossible. It can be partial parried though.
    Yeah I'm right here! Wave

One handed rolling attack of both clubs CAN be parried, but if you mean the two handed versions...well I haven't tried yet, I prefer to roll away, or roll BS them. Depends if they unlock, or no.
    somnam
    somnam
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somnam Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:38 am

Its my favorite weapon, got a build based on it...and the 2handed rolling R1 hasn't been parried yet with me.

The animation for it is tiny, so the parry window is very small if it exists. And the way rolls can move an opponent off center, it can dead angle.

As annoying as it is, you'd be better off learning to roll bs than parry that move.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:38 am

Sentiel wrote:Yeah I'm right here! Wave

One handed rolling attack of both clubs CAN be parried, but if you mean the two handed versions...well I haven't tried yet, I prefer to roll away, or roll BS them. Depends if they unlock, or no.
    I mean the two handed version. Like you, I just dodge or roll backstab it.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:53 am

I just keep my distance from them if I see them roll while two-handing. I see a lot of them going with fairly light poise setups to fast roll with it, so if you can stay just out of range and then punish them when they miss it can make those rolling two-handed RB/R1 attacks look like a joke.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:17 am

I don't use great hammers very much, but when I watch my brother play, he usually does two handed RB/R1 attack, and gets them almost every time. (just not the magic users.) and u would have to have poise if u want to try to parry that, because u will fail, get staggered, and die.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm

I faced a guy with it and I just felt as if I was mindlessly trying to swat a fly as he was clobbering my face.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm

I always try to parry and I always got hit :/ and thats a lot of duels agaisnt club users in burg/kiln!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:40 pm

It is possible, technically. I decided to test it once with one of the best parryers I know, our forum's own billy-bayonet, but he didn't get it once in 10 minutes of trying. Essentially, it's not viable to parry. The window is so small that it barely exists, and confounding this is the fact that the AoE on the attack often dead angles the opponent, preventing a parry even if the timing is correct.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:07 pm

i always try to parry it but like people hae said, the parry window is really small and impossible to parry if your opponent is unlocked since it needs perfect timing and the perfect angle. anyone wanna test this tonight btw? i really wanna learn how to parry that thing.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:13 pm

I just turned my ps3 off. Damn. I really wanna know if it is possible to parry. If you get any results tonight, let me know. If you don't, i can help you test it tomorrow.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:23 pm

It's functionally impossible to parry. However, occasionally lag will cause strange things to happen, and count the attack as parried. Remember that angles are calculated by the direction of facing in PvP, and to parry an attack you need to have your parry frame coincide with the hitbox of an attack in conjunction with facing "towards" your opponent. It's uncertain if there is a minimum distance, or part of the hitbox that can be parried. I'm of the persuasion that it's minimum distance, as multiple hitboxes seem needlessly complicated. However, this is all unsubstantiated claims, and the only definite restrictions on parrying are those already listed.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:58 pm

If it's anything like the other rolling R1's you have to parry waaaaaaay before they attack...like during their roll animation. And no ive never parried it...
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:29 pm

^Sounds like that's the problem. Since you have to parry during their roll, depending where they roll, you won't necessarily be facing the right direction when you parry.

I have a lot of PvP parrying experience, but sadly not much against this weapon, and even less against its 2H-rolling-R1. I very rarely come up against players using ultra-great weapons, and the few who do, usually just try to 2H-R1 me--a sure way of getting parried! So for all my experience parrying ultra-great 2H-R1s, I have practically none trying to parry the rolling-R1.

(I even go as far as bribing players to fight me again when I meet people using rarely used weapons! I'll message them and offer humanity, just so I can try and parry them as much as possible when I face them again.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pm