WotG Spammers

    Share

    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 223
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-03
    Age : 26
    Location : The Last Frontier

    WotG Spammers

    Post by RedderAI on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 pm

    How would I deal with these people? My build has great magic resistance and good stability but people who spam this spell really irk me and is the only thing in PvP that trumps me (other than spears).

    I need help.

    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 211
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-03-26
    Age : 33
    Location : UK

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by aprilmanha on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 pm

    I personally just reset the game and reload. Is nothing I can do against them.

    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 223
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-03
    Age : 26
    Location : The Last Frontier

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by RedderAI on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:26 pm

    I jump off a cliff so they do not get humanity but that's all I can think of. Lol
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by RANT on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:29 pm

    roll towards them and bs them then if you feel like doing something like that in return you can chain bs their *** and teach them that wog kinda sucks once you learn how to dodge it.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by PlasticandRage on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm

    learn to roll bs. I refuse to BS for really any other reason, but if you come at me WoG spamming you're going to get one.

    ^Ninjad again


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 316
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 30
    Location : United Kingdom

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by Isirith on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:36 pm

    As others have said, just roll BS their ***!
    Never understood why this game is full of such sore losers.

    And I don't mean you either. I mean the people who run up and WotG spam and then get all high and mighty..?

    Seriously..!? Is it THAT hard to throw in a variety of attacks, douché.


    _________________
    PSN ID - Isirith

    "The problem isn't the problem...
    Your attitude about the problem is the problem, do you understand?"
    avatar
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : USA Rocky mountains.

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by Zakkia on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:48 pm

    I have been killed by spammers very few times, usually you can just roll backwards and avoid it completely if you suspect it. Easy to beat because the majority of users have 6-9, and they'll run out eventually.
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by Ghadis_God on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:08 am

    Crest shield. 3-6 casts will do very little against you, and they are often out of options once their cheap tactic fails. You run into the occasional guy who will dead angle it by turning their back to you, but that can be blocked by unlocking and turning around, so that you and your opponent are facing the exact opposite directions; you can block the dead angle then.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by Sentiel on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:39 am

    Ghadis_God wrote:Crest shield. 3-6 casts will do very little against you, and they are often out of options once their cheap tactic fails. You run into the occasional guy who will dead angle it by turning their back to you, but that can be blocked by unlocking and turning around, so that you and your opponent are facing the exact opposite directions; you can block the dead angle then.
    ^ This.
    That's perhaps the best tip on how to deal with WoG. I use Crest Shield myself a LOT since the DLC, because there's now mages everywhere spamming Dark Magic, so the occassional WoG isn't a problem anymore.

    Either block it, or evade, preferable through the spell, which is by far the safest method. You don't need to backstab the caster, you can simply reduce his spamming tactic to nothing by evading and blocking until he's out of casts. That'll surelly p*ss any spammer off.

    On the topic of dead angle WoG, lot of people that use this are stupid enough to get so close, that you can backstab them with ease.

    And of course there's GMB and VoS to deal with any magic that annoys you.

    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:50 am

    After they hit you with the first back up to a distance and just stand and stare them down, after a few seconds of eye contact unleash your inner douche and go full sweat on them, roll BS, BS fish, 360 no scopes EVERYTHING! And then when you finally defeat them stare into their souls as they fade and then spam {well what is it}


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:54 am

    I roll into them, whether I BS or not is another matter.

    As for the Crest Shield idea, I've never tried it, but it sounds like it'd work a charm. Try a Dark Hand for a lighter but weaker alternative.

    avatar
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 734
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-03-28
    Age : 29
    Location : The couch, Sweden

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by hageshisa on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:17 am

    Good post Ghadis! +1!!


    _________________
    1st PSN: blueberryvibe
    2nd PSN: dreambox_

    If you're THAT good, you shouldn't be whining
    avatar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-06-14

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by passivefamiliar on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:10 am

    Roll bs is great, if you can manage it. I usually can't. I typically just roll away as much as i can. If i can, i menu drop my armor off, so i can fast roll. AND that seems to bait alot of people to go on the offensive and try and attack with a weapon. That weapon swap animation can give me the edge back. Rarely. But in the end. Wrath destroys me. And i hate spammers of it.


    _________________
    PSN id: Passivefamiliar


    pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by GkMrBane on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 am

    LOL a pursuers works for me.

    Also Ive spamed it before when trapped on the stairs past alvina with the host and 2 phantoms chasing me.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by WandererReece on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:13 am

    I don't know why almost everyone hates this tactic. It is usually easy to dodge. Once someone did this to me. The first one or two hit, but I dodged the rest. Others have tried to use WoG spam against me and failed. I've also spamed other players without success.

    Also, why does everyone hate pursuers? It is easier to dodge. I've dodged it a bunch of times.

    When they use magic you push the O button and move the stick toward the caster. It works almost all the time.


    Last edited by WandererReece on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total


    _________________
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by RANT on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 am

    WandererReece wrote:I don't know why almost everyone hates this tactic. It is usually easy to dodge. Once someone did this to me. The first one or two hit, but I dodged the rest. I've also done this to other players without success.

    Also, why does everyone hate pursuers? It is also easy to dodge. I've dodged it a bunch of times.

    the only reason i hate it is lag, pursuer seems to benefit A LOT from lag, a lot of times when i dodge i take damage when none of them even touched me. the worse was when i dodged them all only to take damage about three seconds later and from what i saw there was barely any lag.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by lextune on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:21 am

    Just dodge.

    I mean they literally make a big "I'm humping the air!" gesture, it is pretty tough to miss.

    Roll towards them, away from them, to the side, wherever.


    _________________
    XBL GT: lextune

    A Bunch of My Builds
    avatar
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 953
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-28
    Age : 19
    Location : Texas

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by BeeSeaEss on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:35 am

    i use my Ornstein spear, i am usually out of their reach. but i never back stab, it is a lot funner that way. (unless being ganked)


    _________________
    PSN:BeeSeaEss

    Exiled of Ariamis & proud of it. Rank: Council Member.

    I pity the fool who steps up to painted lane! They call me PG dextrous 'cause I'll cut yo whole gang!

    Join the Painting Guardians! http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t19608-the-exiled-of-ariamis-epoch-three-united-we-stand
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by Glutebrah on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 am

    roll back and forth over and over dancing it because its funny and rustles their jimmies.


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by WandererReece on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 am

    lextune wrote:Just dodge. Roll towards them, away from them, to the side, wherever

    The best way to survive is to avoid the damage.

    lextone wrote:I mean they literally make a big "I'm humping the air!" gesture.

    lol!


    _________________
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by Glutebrah on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 am

    RantFromRant wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:I don't know why almost everyone hates this tactic. It is usually easy to dodge. Once someone did this to me. The first one or two hit, but I dodged the rest. I've also done this to other players without success.

    Also, why does everyone hate pursuers? It is also easy to dodge. I've dodged it a bunch of times.

    the only reason i hate it is lag, pursuer seems to benefit A LOT from lag, a lot of times when i dodge i take damage when none of them even touched me. the worse was when i dodged them all only to take damage about three seconds later and from what i saw there was barely any lag.

    there have been a couple times with pursuers where i dodge them causing them to crash into a tree, so i don't see them any more then 3-5 seconds later once i begin to engage the opponent again, i take full damage and die. and they suddenly appear again after i'm dead and show the animation of them hitting me. This happened to me twice same night from the same guy in the moonpit a couple weeks ago.

    i have also been on the giving end of Pursuers, where i cast it, the person goes around a corner all my pursuers hit the wall, he comes out from around the corner and they all reappear and hit him. When they vanished into the wall they never made the impact animation either they just disappeared for a short while (and this wasn't in a DLC area).

    this only happened once though.


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by WandererReece on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:04 pm

    Glutebrah wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:I don't know why almost everyone hates this tactic. It is usually easy to dodge. Once someone did this to me. The first one or two hit, but I dodged the rest. I've also done this to other players without success.

    Also, why does everyone hate pursuers? It is also easy to dodge. I've dodged it a bunch of times.

    the only reason i hate it is lag, pursuer seems to benefit A LOT from lag, a lot of times when i dodge i take damage when none of them even touched me. the worse was when i dodged them all only to take damage about three seconds later and from what i saw there was barely any lag.

    there have been a couple times with pursuers where i dodge them causing them to crash into a tree, so i don't see them any more then 3-5 seconds later once i begin to engage the opponent again, i take full damage and die. and they suddenly appear again after i'm dead and show the animation of them hitting me. This happened to me twice same night from the same guy in the moonpit a couple weeks ago.

    i have also been on the giving end of Pursuers, where i cast it, the person goes around a corner all my pursuers hit the wall, he comes out from around the corner and they all reappear and hit him. When they vanished into the wall they never made the impact animation either they just disappeared for a short while (and this wasn't in a DLC area).

    this only happened once though.

    Wow. I've never had this problem, and I've dodged many pursuers. However, I've never ran around a tree. I just rolled straight through it.


    _________________
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by Glutebrah on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:09 pm

    WandererReece wrote:

    Wow. I've never had this problem, and I've dodged many pursuers. However, I've never ran around a tree. I just rolled straight through it.

    im not saying it happens all the time could have been fluke lag spikes, it was just 3 rare occasions and the 2x it happened with me on the receiving end it was from the same host, though besides pursuers didn't seem laggy.

    its like that fluky Backstab when they hit you and you tele port 10 feet to them, or the crazy CSS that misses you by 5 feet and you are behind a wall but still one shots you.. i just out it off as one of those weird lag things.


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by WandererReece on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm

    Glutebrah wrote:... or the crazy CSS that misses you by 5 feet and you are behind a wall but still one shots you.. i just out it off as one of those weird lag things.

    Once I was helping someone with my sorcerer. I shot a computer enemy with a soul arrow, and the computer enemy teleported after I fired. Then the soul arrow teleported to the enemy and hit him. It was sweet.

    Lag is a strange thing.


    _________________
    avatar
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 102
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-10-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Huddersfield, UK

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by sinspaw on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 pm

    I fully disagree with many people here. How is WotG any worse than any other pvp technique? It's a cheap tactic yes but... it's a god damn powerful spell that doesn't need aiming. Why is it horrible that someone who has a faith build spams the best and easiest spell with such build? That's like saying you shouldn't use chaos fire ball or firestorm type pyromancies just because they're too powerful. The reason I think people feel bad towards WotG is because the other skills are unbelievely hard to aim and hit through this dire p2p connection. Since WotG needs no aiming... people complain. If you got a sunlight spear spammer that worked (i.e. none of this insane lag), you wouldn't give two **** about WotG being what it is. Plus, it has limited usage...

    But really, if you don't want to get WotG spammers, well, don't pvp then.

    Sponsored content

    Re: WotG Spammers

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:14 am