Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

Post by PlasticandRage on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:39 pm

I'm psyched to see the dark spawn taking more of a part in the plot of this one. They're all over the trailer. From the parts of DA2 I actually played they didn't even have much of a role at all. There's really nothing of that game that's redeeming for me. I disliked every minute I played

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Oh god Oghren better be back he was so great
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 pm

I've actually never been much of an Oghren fan. I didn't dislike him, but I didn't particularly like him either. I generally liked to use warrior characters myself, and I always liked Alistor better than Oghren, and it just didn't make sense to use 3 warriors, so I never did.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:03 am

I loved Origins. Then my ps3 died and took with it the CONSOLE LOCKED saves (back before plus) of my 150 hours into the game and that killed my awakening run... could never get back into it and 2 was just... meh

PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:22 am

I'm still yet to do Awakening. I've gone out with the intention of buying it a few times now and I always end up coming home with something else because I think I'm still a little on the fence about paying the same price I would for a full game for an add-on. I've read mixed reviews about it too, which I was totally intent on ignoring until I played DA2, which just made me even more unsure.

My only other experience with disc based full game sized add-ons was with the Red Dead zombie add-on. I can't remember what it was called, but I had a terrible experience with that one. It was fine for maybe 10 hours, and I was having a blast with it, then I got to a certain point where the game would freeze every time it tried to spawn an enemy. I figured it was the disc, despite the fact that it looked flawless, so I went back to the store and traded it in for a new one, got home with it and the same thing happened. So I backed up my saves, deleted everything I had for both games on my hard drive, and tried again, and once I got to that point the same thing happened. I read online that it had something to do with the way the game's data interacted with the data from the original game. I can't remember the specifics. I haven't tried to play one since though. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:29 am

Oghren is alot better in awakening has some of the best lines in the whole series

I will protect my lord till the very end

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

GT:nsane32
    Steam:nsane32
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:18 am

That probably explains why I never really got into him, considering I never played Awakening.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

AwkwardArtemis

Post by AwkwardArtemis on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Yay this makes me excited! I'm really hoping they show us more of Flemeth she was always my favorite. big grin I have a feeling they will. Anytime chaos ensues in the Dragon Age world she always seems to be right behind the scenes..

Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Some more info from Gameinformer on their latest article, talking about the development of the game:
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/07/a-look-inside-dragon-age-inquisition-39-s-development.aspx

Also figured I'd share some other info that everyone might not know or just from the latest blog:
    -Apparently they've announced that Inquisition will allow players to select their race like Origins. Good news to me since before it was believed you could only be a human like DA2.
    -They're adding mounts to the game as you can see from the previous link I provided in the prealpha footage.
    -Customizable armor is being reintroduced.

Just some things I'm liking to hear about, but the greatest news for me is definitely being able to select a race of choice to be my character.

Also I would like to add they I got a kick out of Oghren as well.

PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:20 am

Wow all that is good news. If they stick to all that and reintroduce actually traveling to different places with different dungeons again I'll be a happy camper. Just from whats been said already it seems like they've learned their lesson though.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:42 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/09/exclusive-dragon-age-inquisition-screens.aspx
    A few recently released screenshots. Graphics look impressive on the Frostbite 3 engine. One of the screenshots has been confirmed to show three companions, two of which are returning characters. Of course there is Varric, then there is Cassandra the chantry seeker from DA2, and finally a new companion named Vivienne who is a Mage from Orlais.

Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:10 pm

PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:43 pm

I just got this months issue of Game Informer in the mail and there's a 12 page spread on DA Inquisition. It looks AMAZING. Absolutely incredible. The world looks absolutely gorgeous, and they immediately address everyone's biggest issue. The world is huge, and the game goes out of its way to make it as openly explorable as possible. Doesn't look like you're even confined to a map as you were in Origins, but just have a huge world to play around in. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but from what I've seen just glancing through I'm already sold.

They also threw in an image of the new Morrigan model, and she also looks amazing.

It says Varric and Cassandra will both be party members, but Morrigan will not. That's a little great and a little disappointing both at the same time.

The enemies it shows look pretty sweet too. Almost Burton-esque

TIGER UPPERCUT!

Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Well their is an article on Gameinformer that has talked about the world and I hate to burst your bubble but it does sound like they are going to do the same thing as they've done like in Origins and DA2, though of course most of these areas appear to be quite larger areas. So it is somewhat open world but not entirely I guess.
    I was disappointed about Morrigan not being a companion as well but at least she is still playing a pivotal role.

PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:50 am

Yeah you're right. I was so excited I misread the first paragraph where it clarifies that it will work within a map like the others, but it does say that the map this time will represent a much larger part of the world, I can't remember what the larger world is called, and you'll be traveling between countries, they said specifically Fereldan and Orlais at the very least, then actually running around in huge open spaces within them. From the pictures it looks like they're providing large expanses of wilderness areas also, which makes me happy. I wonder if we're finally going to get to see some of the other countries that we've been hearing about since Origins, like the Tevinter Imperium? That'd be pretty sweet.

Thedas. The worlds called Thedas.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Qunari have been announced as a playable race and IGN has some footage of DA:I.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/31/dragon-age-inquisition-impressions

At one point it looks like they are showing a female qunari mage, just the way it looks from the back to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 pm