Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Rudmed
Nybbles
Thor_Odinson
Carpercen
9 posters

Best gear for poise/fast roll

Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Best gear  for poise/fast roll Empty Best gear for poise/fast roll

Post by Carpercen Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:35 pm

What would be your advice with 40 end to keep a good defense, fast roll and poise?

Im pretty interested on lord blades set for its lightness and plus it has some poise...

I'm actually using a combination of elite knight and havel set, I'm mid roll and 76 poise without wolf ring... but sometimes I miss my thief set and being fast roll :'c

But when I learned about this poise thing I started to use it and its been help full but I was traing to figure out a way to mainten the fast roll and a good poise (76 is a must have aint it o.O?)

what do you suggest happy?
    Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

Best gear  for poise/fast roll Empty Re: Best gear for poise/fast roll

Post by Thor_Odinson Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:41 pm

I believe the suggest poise is only 36 with the new patches. There are quite a bit of fast roll combos you can do to meet this requirement and have over 300 defense. (mixing combos of havel/rofap/wolf ring) whichever is more your playstyle
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 pm

could you explain that???
    Why stay at 36 poise instead of 75?
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:04 pm

if i'm going to worry about how much poise i had, i would prefer to have a poise of at least 54 or 77. with the wolf ring equipped it's not that difficult to hit 54 poise and still fast roll with an endurance of 40. you could hit higher poise levels and fast roll if you choose a light weapon. if you're happy with mid-rolling, it's actually pretty easy to hit 77 and still carry a hefty weapon.

but i've never actually experimented with maximizing armour combinations that much, as i'm more occupied with what my toon looks like rather than how much poise they have and i'm okay with mid-rolling as long as i look good doing it.

Nybbles … loosing with style since October 2011
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Carpercen wrote:could you explain that???
    Why stay at 36 poise instead of 75?

It's because of the GS nerf. Regular greatswords have a much harder time stunlocking people now due to their reduced swing speed. I don't know the break limits, but that amount means you can take 1 hit from anything that is being two-handed (except Halbeards, GS, and Ultra GS with 1 hand or two hands). And maybe two hits from one handed attacks.

Once again I don't know this for sure, but I think it is along those lines.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:02 pm

76 is the safe point for 2 handed ultra great swords or great clubs etc, i.e you can take one hit. fast rolling with that much poise requires either the wolf ring with around 45 end or havels ring with 50 or so depending on armor choice
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=436557867443370120

something like this is about as good as it gets if you use light weapons.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 pm

If I'm going for fast roll, I don't worry about poise. I wear the lightest gear I can. You want to surprise someone? Fast roll with a Zwiehander. Use the Grass shield, and substitute Cloranthy ring for Wolf. You'll never run out of stamina. Strike fast and get out clean...don't look for the stunlock. If you run into someone who mid-rolls, you're good to go. Everytime they swing, wait for them to stumble when they miss, then crush their skull.

Of course, you can still load up with some heavier gear, and use light weapons. I saw a vid of a guy in full Havel, using the Gold and Dark tracers to decimate people. Estoc is also a fantastic weapon for patient players. With a dex build you should be able to hit for a couple of hundred damage with each strong attack.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:49 pm

I use the gargoyle helm, wanderers coat, paladins gauntlets and xanthous waistcloth plus the wolf ring for 60 poise. It also brings your defenses above 300 and your magic/fire/lightning resistances pretty close to 300. It's my favorite armor combo so far.

I'm pretty sure there is better combos out there though.

GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Just find a look that puts you at 40 and I think your good. happy
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:23 pm

The highest ratio of poise to weight in the game is the Hollow Soldier Waistcloth, followed by anything from Havel's set. The gargoyle helmet is also remarkable, and should not be overlooked, especially since it is so lightweight.

All of the really heavy sets (Havel's, Stone, Guardian, Giants, Smough, Golem, Black Iron) have ratios about 1.98 poise / wt for all their components, so (excluding the Hollow Soldier Waistcloth) it is always statistically better to use a single piece of heavy, high poise armor, as opposed to multiple, lower poise and lighter ones. Pieces of the knight set are also good.

The Lord's blade set is in fact one of the weakest sets for maximizing poise to weight (1.07 - 1.25 poise/wt, depending on the piece), excluding armor without any poise at all.

Of course, you'll have to balance this against looking completely ridiculous...

Two combos to consider, which leave your chest open for whatever you'd like:
    Hollow Soldier Waistcloth + Havel's Gloves + Gargoyle Helmet = 43 poise for 16.5 weight, or 83 poise with wolf ring.
    Hollow Soldier Waistcloth + Gargoyle Helmet + Wolf Ring = 55 poise for 5.0 weight.
    If you don't like running around in a tattered skirt,
    Havel's Gloves + Gargoyle Helmet + Wolf ring = 76 poise for 15 weight, and you can dress your chest and legs however you want (a piece of low poise armor would tip you over the 77 point)

I actually made a tool to maximize/minimize armor stats for one stat by another using the excel data posted on the wiki (it would print for example, a list of the armor combos that use the minimum weight to achieve each poise level), but I've never published it since it was written in MATLAB and someone else had done basically the same thing here:

http://www.raymondhill.net/darksouls/darksouls-armor-calc.php

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 am