Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
GrinTwist
Automancer
X-government-agent
RANT
Marino.
Zakkia
10 posters

Old article?

Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Old article? Empty Old article?

Post by Zakkia Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:04 pm

So apparently i just read that the Dark Souls story is going to be continued in a sequel, unlike Demons souls to dark souls it will have the same story base. Thoughts?

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/09/from-software-confirms-dark-souls-series-to-continue/
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Old article? Empty Re: Old article?

Post by Marino. Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 pm

As long as they make the Gameplay as Awesome as always i dont care wether i venture through Boletaria or Lordran Sun
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:25 pm

it better bring back the awesome atmosphere from demon's souls, dark souls' armosphere was very disappointing.
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 pm

That article is 6 months old
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:31 pm

X-government-agent wrote:That article is 6 months old

Thus the title, but i noticed alot of people not sure about the story of the next sequel, there are a few more articles, one in September which states the same thing. Again, just wanted to discuss about it as well.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:38 am

Spoiler:
    I'm very worried about this. If they make the next Souls game more for the mainstream public, i'm fraid the quality of the game might go down.

Spoiler:

I thought they were all about expanding their products to others? Why do they still say it's for the core gamers? Does this refer to the original core games or the newer ones on the tablets and such?
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:53 am

Possibly add a normal mode that would reflect to the type of gameplay that we got in Dark Souls? But with that being said I wonder what would happen to being able to going onto NG+.

To be honest I really don't want to see a continuation of Dark Souls. I liked the fact that they made different stories for both Dark and Demon Souls. I mean I would love to see the same type of gameplay but done a bit better. You know like bring back the servers like they did with Demon Souls? Then maybe add a few new in game mechanics for PVE.

I think the only way I'd really would like to see a sequel to Dark Souls is if they started in the same "world" but had a new story and new lore.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 am

Unless I'm missing something I don't think From actually said they'd sequal Dark souls but make another successor, it seems the editor just stuck the title on.

I believe talk like this by From about the possibility of mainstreaming their product around the time Dark Souls took off is what lead Miyazak to go around saying he doesn't know if he'll be a part of the next game.

It's definitely what pushed the creation of the dlc which we know is a step away from Miyazak's goals for the series. I personally hope he remains behind the reins and the only mainstreaming we see on the next tittle is an initial release to all 3 hardcore systems.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 am

i think that Miyazaki was talking about the possibility of making a new game on other platforms rather than just the core gamers playing consoles. i don't think he intends to dumb the Souls games down to reach the lowest common denominator amongst gamers, instead i think he wants to create Souls games on other platforms, such as a new Souls game that was exclusive to the iPad for example.

and i agree with him (if that is indeed what he is saying). rather than porting an existing console game to PC or iPAD, take advantage of what those other platforms have to offer by designing a game that is specific to them. i mean, why not, right?
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:14 pm

My personal opinion is that that interview is ********, no disrespect to the OP obviously. Good find still.

I must be one of the few people who don't believe Dark Souls was supposed to be a sequel and all that. I don't think they ever intended to make Demons Souls 2, nor do I believe they intend on making Dark Souls 2. The stories are 'closed'. You put the Old One back to Slumber in DeS, and you either go against or for the Gods in DKs. There's no unfinished business as far as I'm concerned. Would it be cool to return to Boletaria or Lordran? Sure, it would be fun. But for me, it would be a **** more fun to explore a new world, with new characters, weapons, mechanics, what have you. And Miyazaki knows this. I could be wrong though.

Oh and for gods sake... If that interview is actually true and accurate, what the guy meant to say with GLOBALIZING was merely that FROM are not afraid to ship their products to other parts of the world anymore. Meaning they just don't create their games to be sold in the eastern market. They now know that their products can sell well in Europe, America, etc.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:56 pm

GrinTwist wrote:Possibly add a normal mode that would reflect to the type of gameplay that we got in Dark Souls? But with that being said I wonder what would happen to being able to going onto NG+.

To be honest I really don't want to see a continuation of Dark Souls. I liked the fact that they made different stories for both Dark and Demon Souls. I mean I would love to see the same type of gameplay but done a bit better. You know like bring back the servers like they did with Demon Souls? Then maybe add a few new in game mechanics for PVE.

I think the only way I'd really would like to see a sequel to Dark Souls is if they started in the same "world" but had a new story and new lore.

The only thing servers will provide is more stable summoning and invading at the cost of less people to summon, less people to invade, and an end date for online. It will have zero affect on any other part of the gameplay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 am