Advice on my Falchion build

Corwynt

Advice on my Falchion build

Post by Corwynt on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:00 am

I have decided on starting back up pvp after a long break and decided on a dex/faith hybrid using the Falchion. As far as using buffed Falchions go, should I try to use low poise armor for fast roll, or is it viable to go mid roll and have high poise?

EDIT: Stopping at lvl 100 initially for arena and will have 35 end
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Advice on my Falchion build

Post by Juutas on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:59 am

Oh, buffed falchion...that disgusting power~

Go with 31-38 poise (53 if you can, but it's not a must), but aim for the fast roll, midroll is fine if you can't hit the poise breakpoints other way, but fast roll would be more useful since people will be running away from you (for a good reason) until your buff runs out.

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988

Corwynt

Post by Corwynt on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 am

I can hit 41 poise with my Brass set and keep fast roll, or get any amount of poise I want and have basically any armor I want with mid roll. I guess I will stick with fast roll for a while and see how it goes. Don't see to many curved sword fighters with mid roll although I am sure they are out there. I will stick with that for a while at lvl 100 and see how it goes before I develop my character further. Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Is the Grass Crest shield still the go to offhand item when two handing? If there are alternatives I would be interested to know.
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:37 am

Corwynt wrote:I can hit 41 poise with my Brass set and keep fast roll, or get any amount of poise I want and have basically any armor I want with mid roll. I guess I will stick with fast roll for a while and see how it goes. Don't see to many curved sword fighters with mid roll although I am sure they are out there. I will stick with that for a while at lvl 100 and see how it goes before I develop my character further. Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Is the Grass Crest shield still the go to offhand item when two handing? If there are alternatives I would be interested to know.

Grass Crest Shield comes more useful the more heavyer you armor gets.
    If you are wearing very light equipment that doesn't slow down your stamina regen the bonus of Grass Crest is really non-existant, but if you are wearing heavy armor the effect is more useful.
    Grass Crest Shield is pretty good choice of the medium shields, because it has pretty good defences and it's semi light too, it's not used by so many players for no reason, it's really good.

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:05 am