Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Derpwraith
Emergence
Icegodzilla
barrywilkins
reim0027
Tolvo
aprilmanha
steveswede
Onion Knight
Rudmed
The Letter X
BLA1NE
Forum Pirate
SlakeMoth
Slarg232
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hurtlocker14
21 posters

Respect others when you do PvP or PvE

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Respect others when you do PvP or PvE - Page 3 Empty Re: Respect others when you do PvP or PvE

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:45 pm

The way i treat it depends on the person im doing. if i see an invader i bow then they bow and we fight. I do my best not to back stab (mostly because the fight lasts longer and is more entertaining) Also my main pvp is a mage and i try not to spam the same spells over and over again. with afk people i usually leave unless I am in the forest and an afk forest invader comes in. I usually kill them since they aren't going to lose anything in that fight and they should have taken off their rings before leaving.

Now then if someone back stabs me while i bow to them i will spam dark bead and like spell. same if i am fighting a 2vs1 battle I consider it a no hold bar battle.

but yeah each person has their own sense of honor and u can't really change them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Respect others when you do PvP or PvE - Page 3 Empty Re: Respect others when you do PvP or PvE

Post by Tolvo Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Well as I said earlier. It didn't sound like his problem was just invaders, but people with Maxed out gear when they shouldn't have it. Such as left over BB toons.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:46 pm

Personally I don;t think I have been invaded by a single person who was not massively more powerful then me, or Lag-stabbing. Its probably what has made the whole feature seem worthless to me.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:48 pm

Well the lagstabbing is just a connection issue. Distance, your net, and their net are the determining factors. Even then there are ways to counter it and predict delayed movements and attacks.

A good bit of advice is to not do PvP until you have maxed out equipment.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:52 pm

yeah if u walk around human try to have good gear on
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 pm

It just spoils the enjoyable Coop feature of the game.

I personally like to be summoned to help other peoples boss fights at least 3-4 times before I try to continue myself. But the risk to myself at staying human to do so make me hesitant to help others, and making people hesitant to help others is never a good thing.
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:59 pm

The lag stabbers are another serious problem in the game. If you see someone who is having connection issues why not just quit the game instead of taking advantage of someone
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:00 am

And again i shouldn't have to limit my co op experience just because someone wants to hack and glitch the game. Thats not fair to me or anyone else who wants to enjoy the casual game.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:02 am

Oh it hurting Co-OP was intentional. That's the danger of Co-Op. A helper could also lead you to having to fight an invader. That was totally intentional on From's part and I really enjoy it. They don't want their game to be easy after all. They love the idea of challenging us and I love it too. As well with the amount of BB Glitched invaders still around, there are also BB glitched Co-Op players.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 am

aprilmanha wrote:It just spoils the enjoyable Coop feature of the game.

I personally like to be summoned to help other peoples boss fights at least 3-4 times before I try to continue myself. But the risk to myself at staying human to do so make me hesitant to help others, and making people hesitant to help others is never a good thing.

u do know u don't have to be human to put down a white soap sign to help people, don't understand why u would be hesitant to help others u won't lose anything if u die/fail
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 am

Hurtlocker14 wrote:And again i shouldn't have to limit my co op experience just because someone wants to hack and glitch the game. Thats not fair to me or anyone else who wants to enjoy the casual game.

Ohh Careful with the word "casual" there, some people take it as a threat to their epeen that anyone but the "hardcore" can play this game and enjoy it silly
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:05 am

Tolvo wrote:Oh it hurting Co-OP was intentional. That's the danger of Co-Op. A helper could also lead you to having to fight an invader. That was totally intentional on From's part and I really enjoy it. They don't want their game to be easy after all. They love the idea of challenging us and I love it too. As well with the amount of BB Glitched invaders still around, there are also BB glitched Co-Op players.
    i see ur point there on it hurting co op, but that doesn't happen very often, or at least not to me I've never seen that happen
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 am

Dark Souls is kind of a middle ground between Casual and Hardcore. Most games are casual though. That includes almost every AAA title.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 am

Easy with this topic folks. It's very cyclical and comes up repeatedly often at an impasse. Try and keep that in consideration when posting. If you want to debate it, go ahead, but keep it cool. I'll be checking in on this.
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:14 am

I love the thrill that Dark and Demon souls brings to the table. I have never played a game that has pushed me to edge so many times. Whenever you beat a boss you feel like you can climb a mountain. But when you have people who want to invade the game just to lag stab or troll you than the game looses its edge
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 am

If you hate being invaded and such....

..become a blade of the darkmoon..
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:39 am

So this turned from 'honourable' invasions debate , to how hardcore is Dark Souls? Christ the forum is grinding my gears at the moment. If one more person suggests easy mode to me...
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 am

Onion Knight wrote:So this turned from 'honourable' invasions debate , to how hardcore is Dark Souls? Christ the forum is grinding my gears at the moment. If one more person suggests easy mode to me...

Hey, did you hear about my Easymode suggestion?

Spoiler:

There truthfully isn't much more to discuss on this topic; honor is all subjective, and we can debate that till the cows come home.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:53 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    There truthfully isn't much more to discuss on this topic; honor is all subjective, and we can debate that till the cows come home.

I agree this debate will never really end and it all depends on the individual
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:38 am

I admit I groan when I'm invaded on the way to a boss because I've gone human hoping to summon help but also I feel kind of excited. Will I beat the invader this time!? On the few occasions I have I admit to feeling an extra frisson of pleasure, so I've stopped minding. I don't beat invaders very often though. Still, it livens up the game somewhat.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 am

Hurtlocker14 wrote:I believe when you are playing pvp or pve there should be a high degree of respect to you opponent. You should allow the person who invades your game the chance to prepare their equipment to fight. Or if your the invader you should give the host a chance. Also the fights should be 1 on 1. Im tired of fighting battles that are 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 than the person giving me the bow down sign.

Back on topic.... Why do you believe this, when the premise of an invader is to INVADE AND KILL THE HOST? this is the game as it was designed ( remember it's a role playing game of sorts)
    Kill by stealth & deception or shear power. If you bow and such, stealth is out cause you just stood there and bowed.

Remember this too, red & blue invaders invade games with 2-3 opponents to fight sometimes ( is that honorable? Do you send your 2 phantoms home when invaded so you can be honorable? I bet you don't)

Honor in PVE is always given 'cause you summon a phantom in, then bow to your " friend", honor in invasions should not be expected but CAN happen. Honor in organized duels more often than not is adhered to,but have been in the arena a few times where no bows take place.

Lastly, remember, there is an easy mode,..... Stay hollow. Lot's of honor fighting alone.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 am

Part of the risks of being human and being able to summon help is you can be invaded. That's really the true beauty of this game, almost every choice you make can have consequences, from a little thing like kindling a fire to which area you want to try to tackle next.

At least it's not like DeS where if you were hollow you had half your health.
    anath
    anath

Post by anath Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:20 pm

I used to fear invaders, and dreaded reversing hollowing to kindle my bonfires. Now I'm much more laid back about it. I dislike PvP, personally, so I never sit human waiting for an invasion, but my son and I like co-oping to try out various challenges and builds, and so one of us is generally always human, and subject to invasions. He likes PvP, so I generally let him handle them. Sometimes I fear that people will think we're ganking, but I try not to worry about that anymore. If the invader is cool, I'll stay out of it and not heal as host. If they're an ***, all bets are off.

We see all kinds, a few good and enjoyable, most not. I wish that more people were members of this forum; I'm sure that there would be more enjoyable encounters. But I think most people purposely set out to be dishonorable. It is what it is. I just make sure to conserve my humanity so that I can start again, and hopefully get something done in the grace period between invasions happy
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 pm

@Hurtlocker14- IMHO respect for ones opponent should only be reserved for organised fights. It makes no sense to me for an Invader to come into my world, and be all polite like when the whole reason they're there to begin with is to fk-up my characters day! Don't get me wrong back in the day I used to feel exactly as you appear to feel now, but have long since moved on from this realising that there really isn't any worth in me loosing any sleep over the odd Invader who goes about getting the win any which way he/she can, simply because strictly speaking this is how an Invader is supposed to behave. That said, when Invading I bow (from a safe distance) and allow my opponent enough time to prepare him/her-self, as I like the feeling of knowing that my victories have come about from my skill as a burgeoning PvP'er, and are not simply because I caught my opponents unawares or completely unprepared. Take this morning for instance, on my way to face off against O&S, I was invaded by some guy/girl, and even though it was clear that I was in the process of fighting one of the Royal Sentinals, he/she still made a beeline for me, and eventually ended my life on the stairs by stabbing me in the back. Even though he/she came away from the fight with a win, he/she missed out on good fight, as I was only looking to get into an area away from the Sentinals, but at the end of the day the win was probably all that mattered to him/her. Remember to each his/her own, and all that! twisted

Last edited by Gazman0169 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:33 pm

One other thing, as a Host I actually prefer it if an Invader does not bow before he/she attacks, but instead goes out to get the win any which way they can, simply because on the few occasions when I've been able to come away with the win it allowed me the opportunity to release a bloody great big "ROAR!", before strutting around the place like I owned it. At least until the next Invader came along, and btch-slapped me into the middle of next week! lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:24 am