Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Derpwraith
Emergence
Icegodzilla
barrywilkins
reim0027
Tolvo
aprilmanha
steveswede
Onion Knight
Rudmed
The Letter X
BLA1NE
Forum Pirate
SlakeMoth
Slarg232
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hurtlocker14
21 posters

Respect others when you do PvP or PvE

Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Respect others when you do PvP or PvE Empty Respect others when you do PvP or PvE

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:03 pm

I believe when you are playing pvp or pve there should be a high degree of respect to you opponent. You should allow the person who invades your game the chance to prepare their equipment to fight. Or if your the invader you should give the host a chance. Also the fights should be 1 on 1. Im tired of fighting battles that are 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 than the person giving me the bow down sign.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Respect others when you do PvP or PvE Empty Re: Respect others when you do PvP or PvE

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:05 pm

I always try to shot some respect to my opponent in PvP. As for PvE, not so much. I'll chain BS Havel like a jerk. twisted
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Respect others when you do PvP or PvE Empty Re: Respect others when you do PvP or PvE

Post by Slarg232 Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:07 pm

To be blunt:

Get over it; when we invade, we are doing it for one reason and one reason only; to kill you. Honor is in the organized PVP. You will find no honor here. If you are going to run around human, I'm going to invade and try to cause you to fall into any trap or such that I can.

Fight Clubs, Kiln, and maybe the Arena is for Honorable PVP. If you get invaded, all bets are off.
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Hmmm it doesnt make you a good player if you are level 100 and you kill someone who is level 4 looking for a help. I have invaded someones game just to exact some revenge but the results havent been to good. It sucks like hell when you are beating the host and there are two dudes in the back using a bow.
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:13 pm

If I hit you once and I take off majority of you life and see I have an unfair advantage I usually banish myself from their games. Its no fun beating up on someone
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:31 pm

No fun for you, maybe. Maybe I enjoy jumping into a game to fight one guy and having two others shoot at me from the back?
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Slarg232 wrote:To be blunt:

Get over it; when we invade, we are doing it for one reason and one reason only; to kill you. Honor is in the organized PVP. You will find no honor here. If you are going to run around human, I'm going to invade and try to cause you to fall into any trap or such that I can.

I see. 'No more Mr. Nice Guy' then.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:40 pm

I respect all my opponents, I never let them prepare for the fight. I show my respect for them and the threat they pose by being absolutly merciless at all times.

You cannot tell me how I show respect, and vice versa. Its to personal a thing.
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:43 pm

How would you feel if I invaded your game while you were fighting a hard enemy with no flask and I just one shot kill you than laugh. you would be pissed off
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:51 pm

You cannot reasonably tell me how I feel either.

That has happened. I was irritated yes, but not with my opponent. I'd have done the same thing they did, I was irritated with myself for failing to win anyways.

They have the right to play however they like, being angry that they are having fun in the way they choose to is pointless and only harms my own experience.
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Hmmm well as a consumer who also bought the game I should be able to enjoy my playing experience without an inconsiderate person invading my game and using some stupid lag stab or some bs like that. Last week for example I was fighting that flock of tartus demons and someone came in back stabbed me than pointed down. I didn't even see it happen
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Can't argue with your thread title!

But I will say that: what each player considers respectful varies from one to the next.

When I get invaded, I bow to my invader. When I invade, I never attack unless the host attacks me first. I wouldn't expect other players to behave the same way I do in either circumstance--that would make me a very disappointed and annoyed individual!

So yes, definitely treat other players respectfully. Just keep in mind that others have different interpretations of respect compared to you.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:20 pm

You can always stay hollow or offline. I'm sorry to say that this is the way the game was meant to be played.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Depends on where I'm at really. Burg or township= dueling.

Elsewhere...well time to get everyone else used to the world of Dark Souls.
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:37 pm

But say if you want to co op on a boss you have to co op. Like someone said their is a battle arena that you can take that to if you have to fight so bad. If I get invaded I just want a fair chance to actually defend myself. Now if I invade your game than different rules should imply because im intruding on your game. Here is another point say I go to the bathroom and I dont quit the game and get invaded and killed. Is that fair?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 pm

When I played, Praise the Sun for co-op, but when I was invaded I just stood and waited for the invader to do what they liked doing(bow, buff, range attack, charge at me. or whatever) I wasn't going to bow to someone who came into my game to brutally murder me, maybe I'm just a realist at heart still.
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 pm

At least you gave that person a chance to do whatever they was going to do. You didn't just rush them and kill them
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:49 pm

Being invaded by low level players with maxed out gear is a result of the risk/reward system that comes with being online wanting players to help you. It's a staple system of the Soul series and it ain't gonna change to cater for those that can't handle it.

As for bowing and respect, that at the end of the day is a mutual agreement between the duelers. Nobody has to do this if they don't want to and nobody should have to feel bad for not doing it.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Hurtlocker14 wrote:At least you gave that person a chance to do whatever they was going to do. You didn't just rush them and kill them
    Well I disliked PvP, but I respect and understand why it's in the game, so I let them get on with the task of trying to make the game harder for me, whilst I got on with my task of surviving this difficulty.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Hurtlocker14 wrote:But say if you want to co op on a boss you have to co op. Like someone said their is a battle arena that you can take that to if you have to fight so bad. If I get invaded I just want a fair chance to actually defend myself. Now if I invade your game than different rules should imply because im intruding on your game. Here is another point say I go to the bathroom and I dont quit the game and get invaded and killed. Is that fair?

.....The better question is why were you standing somewhere you could be invaded and not properly hiding yourself?
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:03 pm

I have an answer to that question. Im not assuming someone is going to invade my game and just straight up **** me. Like I went to pee and came back and I was dead. Or like one time my controller died and by the time I went to put batteries back in it and seen my game was invaded I died.
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:05 pm

I like the pvp aspect of the game as long as its fair. Like in demon souls if you got the moonlight great sword which scaled with Magic or faith it went through any shield. So if someone just started swinging that big girl around the match was over quick
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Not all people would kill someone who isn't there. When I invade someone and they do not respond after about 5 minutes I drop them an item and Black Crystal out.

Invading people and being ruthless about it is the original intent of Darkwraiths, anyway. They have the Red Sign Soapstone to fight honorably, and some people use it. It's just the way the game is.
    Shrug
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 pm

[quote="SlakeMoth"]
    Slarg232 wrote:To be blunt:

Get over it; when we invade, we are doing it for one reason and one reason only; to kill you. Honor is in the organized PVP. You will find no honor here. If you are going to run around human, I'm going to invade and try to cause you to fall into any trap or such that I can.]

I see. 'No more Mr. Nice Guy' then.

If I'm dueling or such, I'm going to fight honorably, to be sure. Invading, not so much.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Hurtlocker14 wrote:I have an answer to that question. Im not assuming someone is going to invade my game and just straight up **** me. Like I went to pee and came back and I was dead. Or like one time my controller died and by the time I went to put batteries back in it and seen my game was invaded I died.
    This is a good example of something that one could consider disrespectful, and another player wouldn't even think of.

Used to be a time that I would crystal out when I invaded a player who was afk.

Then I'd invade them again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again...

And then I got sick of wasting my time and started indiscriminately killing afk players. If you're going to the bathroom, all you have to do is quit game, and load when you get back. You'll be at the exact spot you were when you logged out.

Just an example to show why you need to be lenient of other players' behavior--not everyone considers the same things respectful or disrespectful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:09 am