Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Rarayn
Rynn
tinypantha
Sentiel
Espada Muerta
lordgodofhell
BeeSeaEss
joemann
Xero
Back Lot Basher
befowler
lextune
GkMrBane
mugenis4real
Carphil
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
Marino.
Emergence
Glutebrah
Ghadis_God
Myztyrio
deadagain
vatar5
Major_kenny
reim0027
Steel Dragon74
Ahhotep1
defacto
The Letter X
ExecutionerTri
nhbdy
yupjup
Tolvo
FruitPunchNinja
hageshisa
Infighter
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Red Rosie
43 posters

The SHOTGUN of the forest...

nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

The SHOTGUN of the forest... - Page 3 Empty Re: The SHOTGUN of the forest...

Post by nhbdy Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:30 am

Red Rosie Sugar wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:I just think it was a clever use of Dark Beads when put together with Iron Flesh allowing for an offensive tank. I mean honestly if the people just switched to a bow or used spells they would have been perfectly fine and killed her easily. Dark Bead can be very powerful, but this was a case of her tricking people into going for an "Easy Kill."

Exactly this! To me, flippy house wife builds arent tanks (despite having more armour) Its about moving slow and crushing everything that gets near enough to be hit!

Bows, magic, timed rolling, 2 handed strikes with mid/long range weps would make short work of this set up. I had some duels after with some people from the wiki chat and got completely owned lol

Only works on silly gankers - who deserve to be one shotted!

The SHOTGUN of the forest... - Page 3 3596227959

And this is why I like your videos so much, they have thought and purpose behind them, some are a bit trolly, but typically aren't shown being used in accepted dueling areas, so fair's fair in my mind. Not to mention the comedic style of the build and the vids, all in all, I love the work you put into em, keep making em and I'll keep watching em.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Red Rosie Sugar wrote:Ever been been ganked so ruthlessly that you wish you had a SHOTGUN to blow their actual brains out??

build requirements :

- 0% Skill
    - 0% Remorse
    - 100% BAD MUTHA-FUKKA

The SHOTGUN of the forest... - Page 3 3596227959

Rosie =)

Your my hero.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:21 pm

LOVE the thought behind this build/video. Soooo good, lol. +1
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Really fun video. I actually often rush a suspected DB/pursuers caster because of the sweet sweet interrupt knockdown on my greatsword's 2-handed sprint attack. But if they had iron flesh on..ugh
    Major_kenny
    Major_kenny
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Major_kenny Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:58 pm

GkMrBane wrote:

Your my hero.

The SHOTGUN of the forest... - Page 3 Tumblr10
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Major_kenny wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:

Your my hero.

Im an alein so mi spilling is badd I cant helf it. happy

on mars we only use emotions to exprexx our selfs.
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:20 pm

GkMrBane wrote:
    Major_kenny wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:

Your my hero.

Im an alein so mi spilling is badd I cant helf it. happy

on mars we only use emotions to exprexx our selfs.
    :evil:
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:26 pm

I have to ask, was there any purpose behind the two catalysts, or is it a "because I can" moment?

Truly epic build and vid, thought. Love it.
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Its like carrying two sawed off shotguns.
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:11 pm

LOL at the spelling correction!!

big grin
    joemann
    Casual
    Casual

Post by joemann Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 am

My absolute favorite part of this video is when the guy backstabs you, does the "well, what is it" gesture and you get up and one shot his face off. I really wonder if that guy thought he one shotted you with the backstab.

Only time I've seen gestures done in PvP (from my limited experience) is at the start of a duel or the end, but never during.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 pm

o yea, in my experience, (which is mostly PvP) people gesture at me all the time. so I toxic them. lol
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Rosie Rosie Rosie, look at you, taking over the forums with your powa!

+1 Because you killed a guy who modded his silver knight spear to have a straight sword moveset. Also because you have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Iron Flesh IS VIABLE for pvp.

Those locked off shot gun blasts were key as well.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 pm

lordgodofhell wrote:

+1 Because you killed a guy who modded his silver knight spear to have a straight sword moveset.

Actually, thats not a mod, its a bug due to the lag :| it happens quite often
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:33 pm

theres also a way to make it happen on purpose... ran into a full gank squad using the glitch using various huge weapons like long swords...
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:34 pm

It's a bug, Carphil, but an exploitable one. The few times it happened to me it disappeared within a second. People who camp the forest with it are glitching to give themselves an advantage, no two ways about it. It's the same type of cheating as glitching CMW onto an MLGS.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:It's a bug, Carphil, but an exploitable one. The few times it happened to me it disappeared within a second. People who camp the forest with it are glitching to give themselves an advantage, no two ways about it. It's the same type of cheating as glitching CMW onto an MLGS.

Thats very interesting to know. I thought it happened when you fast swap equipment in a laggy world, or something related to the action delay.

Non-enchantable weapons buffed was fixed I believe, at least I never found another user since patch big grin
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 pm

yeah that glitch was fixed but the weapon moveset glitch was so rare before the patch that i guess it didn't get noticed by from for fixing.
    Espada Muerta
    Espada Muerta
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Espada Muerta Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Glutebrah wrote:so let me get this straight... if a random forum member makes a thread describing a cheap "troll" tatic he uses in invasions he gets down repped/hated on and a Mod is forced to close the thread.

when rosie posts troll videos she says "but its all for fun!!!" she gets praised?

im sure the random posters do their troll tatics for fun also.

Best post in this topic! Let a guy post this vid can you imagine the hatred he would get! Sad but true, I have a witch that can do this but I found it so cheap lol that I did not want it done back to me, while the video is entertaining it brings up how unfair our community can be.

(Watch as I get bad rep...meh)
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Espada Muerta wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:so let me get this straight... if a random forum member makes a thread describing a cheap "troll" tatic he uses in invasions he gets down repped/hated on and a Mod is forced to close the thread.

when rosie posts troll videos she says "but its all for fun!!!" she gets praised?

Best post in this topic! Let a guy post this vid can you imagine the hatred he would get! Sad but true, I have a witch that can do this but I found it so cheap lol that I did not want it done back to me, while the video is entertaining it brings up how unfair our community can be.

Let me stop you right there. Glute's statement was asking us to be mindful of how we treat newcomers vs how we treat forum regulars. This is not a male/female issue. The video stands on its own, regardless of the gender, the same way our great community and site stand on their own irrespective of them crediting a woman (Fex) with their creation.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Espada Muerta wrote:

She did not use "cheap Tactics" she had Iron Flesh on which means than she cant move .
    Heres a list of Tactics against her that are fail proof :
    - Bow and Crossbow
    - Magic and Pyromancy
    - Dungpie and Poison knives/Arrows

This Tactic is easylie countered and not "cheap" .

It was refreshing to see a creative and funny Video.
    And who takes PVP seriously anyway ?
    Espada Muerta
    Espada Muerta
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Espada Muerta Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 am

I saw no mention of new comers in Glutes post...But you outrank me so I give you the road good sir.

I said I found 1 shooting people with it cheap in no way did I say that it could not be countered, please I understand everyone is going to jump to her defense it just sucks that any newcomer that would put something like this would get treated like crap...sigh I guess I'm just being misunderstood.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:15 am

I think Dark Bead is too Powerfull too .
    I just say that we shouldnt always be a stick in the mud in terms of PVP .
    And a Troll Video is just that . A Troll Video. For Fun.

I have never seen a Newcomer that talked about Dark Bead that got trash talked , can someone direct me to it ?
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Marino. wrote:And who takes PVP seriously anyway ?

TOO many people is who, its my mission to lighten them all up, one at a time Hurrah
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Red Rosie Sugar wrote:
    Marino. wrote:And who takes PVP seriously anyway ?

TOO many people is who, its my mission to lighten them all up, one at a time Hurrah
    Come to PS3 please, we need someone like you there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am