Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

An unusual PvP encounter in Anor Londo...

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

An unusual PvP encounter in Anor Londo... Empty An unusual PvP encounter in Anor Londo...

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:43 am

The other night I was hosting in Anor Londo using my Iron Knight Tarkus build (SL122), wielding a +14 Zweihander double-handed, when I was Invaded by this guy wearing what looked like the Black Sorcerers Cloak, light boots of some description, and light gloves of some description. He had no head gear on, and was wielding a Tower Kite shield, Tin Crystallization Catalyst, and kept flipping between a Dagger and a Gargoyles Tail Axe. During the fight he used Homing Crystal Soulmass, Crystal Soul Spear, and White Dragon Breath, which meant that his Intelligence stat had to be at least 50. Nothing unusual there you may think, but on a number of occasions during the fight I managed to hit him full on with an R2 attack, whilst he had his shield down, and even though the sound of a hit was clearly audible he didn't even flinch and the strike took nothing away from his HP bar!

I was like WTF!!!???!!! :affraid:

Normally, a partially connecting R2 blow from a Zweihander is enough to stagger an opponent, that's if it doesn't outright pancake em, but this guy seemed to be able to simply absorb the hits.

Now I know that lag can sometimes make it look like an opponent is directly in front of you when they are in fact off somewhere in the next realm, and that this can lead to the sound of a hit registering when in fact it wasn't even close, and so I quit the session immediately afterwards believing that this was the case. However, about five minutes into a new session the same guy Invades my world again, and f-me it was like deja vue all over again!

On both occasions there were no obvious signs of lag present, yet despite the fact that he was wearing light clothing and barely raised the shield he had to protect himself, he still managed to come away with the win without so much as a scratch on him, even though it looked like I should of been pummeling the absolute crapola out of him!

After the second encounter I PSN messaged him to try and get some answers, and all I got back was (and I quote)- "pmsl", which has lead me to believe that he may of been up to no good, but how is this even possible, bearing in mind that I play DkS on a PS3?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

An unusual PvP encounter in Anor Londo... Empty Re: An unusual PvP encounter in Anor Londo...

Post by callipygias Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Seems pretty clear this was a hacker. I've only played DKS about 300 hours on PS3, but I found one infinite hp guy in that time, so I know it's possible. It was in Anor Londo, a fellow phantom and I beat the living hell out of him for about 5 minutes -- including about 15 bs's -- but he never took damage. (Host FINALLY entered the fog, in case you're wondering.)
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

An unusual PvP encounter in Anor Londo... Empty Re: An unusual PvP encounter in Anor Londo...

Post by deadagain Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Did he take any damage at all? I have been invaded and the invader just stood there like he was frozen. I would be clear across the screen and the next second hr is bsing me and I never saw him move. I imagine that horrible lag. As far as taking no damage on ps3, well that's news to me. I have to ask, was your weapon broken?
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:58 pm

The idea that a ps3 is less hackable than any other system is fairly invalid. I've never seen any restriction that would stop me modding a DkS character on ps3 that isn't on xbox or pc.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:22 pm

@callipygias- I'd never heard of it before, and up until the other night didn't think it was possible (shows you what I know), but your and my experiences appear to say otherwise.

@deadagain- Nope I always keep my tool well oiled and sharpened (Oo'er misses! :cyclops: ), and so it wasn't that.

@Knight Alundil- Then how is it that PS3 modders are virtually non-existent? :suspect: Genuine question, as you seem to know more about it than me. I haven't got the foggiest how one would go about hacking a games system, and in all honesty I've no desire to find out, but if the PS3 can be modded then it doesn't hurt to know. Forewarned is to be forearmed and all that! twisted
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:@Knight Alundil- Then how is it that PS3 modders are virtually non-existent? :suspect: Genuine question, as you seem to know more about it than me. I haven't got the foggiest how one would go about hacking a games system, and in all honesty I've no desire to find out, but if the PS3 can be modded then it doesn't hurt to know. Forewarned is to be forearmed and all that! twisted

They're not. I barely see any hackers on xbox. Sooooo yeh.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Serious? And there's me thinking the system is plagued with them! It just goes to show, you shouldn't believe everything you see or hear!
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Too true man, too true.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:45 am