Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
DoughGuy
Avenger649
samster628
Automancer
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Spurgun
SlakeMoth
Nybbles
Manahscarlet
vatar5
CaptanSpudsy
Phoenix Rising
StarScarJenova
Rynn
18 posters

Rynn Has finally reached the DLC areas

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Rynn Has finally reached the DLC areas - Page 3 Empty Re: Rynn Has finally reached the DLC areas

Post by Rynn Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 am

Who the hell is Ciaran?
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Rynn Has finally reached the DLC areas - Page 3 Empty Re: Rynn Has finally reached the DLC areas

Post by Bcc17 Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 am

Rynn wrote:Who the hell is Ciaran?

:|

Rynn Has finally reached the DLC areas - Page 3 24801876
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 am

If this is DLC lore, i know nothing.
    I completely buried my head in the sand about DLC for the most part. All i knew was that Dark Bead was a shotgun and Pursuers were idiotically hard to dodge.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:16 am

Lord Gwyn's Four Knights:

Hawkeye Gough
    Artorias the Abysswalker
    Dragonslayer Ornstein
    Lord's Blade Ciaran

FYI before you fight the Chasm of the Abyss boss, go open that illusory wall that requires light.

Also, Pursuers are extremely easy to dodge.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:18 am

Rynn are you a blonde by chance? lol

Seriously you really need to brush up on your DkS lore if you don't know who Ciaran is, and how could you not recognise baby Sif when you saw him.

Good luck with the rest of your run, and keep up with the regular updates, as it's always fun to read how others struggle within the game, for one it makes me forget my own shortcomings as a perpetual noob! twisted
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:24 am

Just found the boss.
    Oh god how frightening.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:28 am

Rynn if you want to see and experience something pretty awesome do the Manus fight in human form, but before you engage
    Spoiler:
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Rynn if you want to see and experience something pretty awesome do the Manus fight in human form, but before you engage
    Spoiler:
    I already saw it. Next time i go in there i will be picking it up, but i did die.
    Right now i used 10 humanity and i am farming, because these mobs drop tons of humanities, and the occasional double humanity.
    I also want to upgrade my new Daggers to the max power. I like them a lot more then this ultra greatsword.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:47 am

Rynn wrote:
    Gazman0169 wrote:Rynn if you want to see and experience something pretty awesome do the Manus fight in human form, but before you engage
    Spoiler:
    I already saw it. Next time i go in there i will be picking it up, but i did die.
    Right now i used 10 humanity and i am farming, because these mobs drop tons of humanities, and the occasional double humanity.
    I also want to upgrade my new Daggers to the max power. I like them a lot more then this ultra greatsword.

They drop a lot of humanity because they are wild humanities.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:56 pm

First time through is on NG++++, blind, with 700 hp. That's pretty impressive. Glad you eventually equipped a shield, at least.

Side note: was doing Manus co-op with my 77. Got an NG+ host who'd been GL'd. One of those chain beasts, BP style, stands right below that dark magic spammer near the bridge. Holy crap. He hit me a glancing blow for about 1,420 hp. Thankfully I have 1,500 hp.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:12 pm

callipygias wrote:First time through is on NG++++, blind, with 700 hp. That's pretty impressive. Glad you eventually equipped a shield, at least.

Side note: was doing Manus co-op with my 77. Got an NG+ host who'd been GL'd. One of those chain beasts, BP style, stands right below that dark magic spammer near the bridge. Holy crap. He hit me a glancing blow for about 1,420 hp. Thankfully I have 1,500 hp.
    Actually, i didn't finish giving updates on that.
    I never used the shield, it was on my back purely for stamina. I removed it after i realized it wasn't helping.
    My build since i started changed, i now use Cicerians Silver Tracer, an offhand Demon Spear, Logans Catalyst, and Dragonslayer Bow.

I am taking a break before i fight Manus to collect humanity though. Also i've been informed i missed a key in the township that i'm going to look for.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:Rynn are you a blonde by chance? lol

Seriously you really need to brush up on your DkS lore if you don't know who Ciaran is, and how could you not recognise baby Sif when you saw him.

Hey Gaz I'm a blonde and the first time I saw baby Sif his back was to me. I thought he was a rat and took a shot at him. (o.k. I'll get me coat). :roll:
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Evening Slake, nuff said. Shall I get your hat whilst I'm at it? lol

All joking aside, I did something similar with Alvina on my first trip into that part of the DLC, and kept trying to take pot shots at her thinking that it would drop something good if I was quick enough to get it. Luckily she was always quicker than me, and it was only when I chanced upon a post mentioning that Alvina leads you to a secret passage that it finally cottoned on that it was her I'd been trying to off. You would of thought that the meowing would of given it away!

Rynn Has finally reached the DLC areas - Page 3 2707236321

In my defense I did go in blind, but that still doesn't excuse me being so blonde when I'm a piggin brunette! lol
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:Evening Slake, nuff said. Shall I get your hat whilst I'm at it? lol

All joking aside, I did something similar with Alvina on my first trip into that part of the DLC, and kept trying to take pot shots at her thinking that it would drop something good if I was quick enough to get it. Luckily she was always quicker than me, and it was only when I chanced upon a post mentioning that Alvina leads you to a secret passage that it finally cottoned on that it was her I'd been trying to off. You would of thought that the meowing would of given it away!

In my defense I did go in blind, but that still doesn't excuse me being so blonde when I'm a piggin brunette! lol
    Wait...
    That was Alvina?
    I never got close enough to see it and thought it was a phantom projection of sif leading me to where he was caught.
    Doesn't Alvina hate sif?
    Why is Alvina helping Sif?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Oops spoilers, sorry sweetie (he says in his best River Song voice)! lol
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Gazman0169 wrote:Evening Slake, nuff said. Shall I get your hat whilst I'm at it? lol

Wait...
    That was Alvina?
    I never got close enough to see it and thought it was a phantom projection of sif leading me to where he was caught.
    Doesn't Alvina hate sif?
    Why is Alvina helping Sif?

I quit this thread.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Pmsl! lol
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=y7RSJ0Ogcw4&feature=fvwp
    Can I still do this, or did I miss my opportunity?
    I've found Manus already, if that helps you figure out the answer.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Rynn wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=y7RSJ0Ogcw4&feature=fvwp
    Can I still do this, or did I miss my opportunity?
    I've found Manus already, if that helps you figure out the answer.

Yeah, it can still happen.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:Oops spoilers, sorry sweetie (he says in his best River Song voice)! lol

+1 for the Dr. Who reference!!!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:22 pm

So it wasn't Sif but Alvina. What's she doing there. I'm completely lost now.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Ok, I just killed Manus.
    ...Ok... no i didn't.
    I summoned two phantoms and stood in the background shooting arrows.
    They killed Manus.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:10 am

Apparently since this was 100 years in the past, Alvina is still a child like Sif?
    I don't think she hates Sif since she baits you into saving Sif. And in the description of the Cat covenant ring, it says that Alvina is the best friend of Sif and Artorias. In the future, while Sif is protecting Artorias's grave, ALvina and her hunter and also helping out in preventing anyone from going near. I believe those black felines are there for that purpose too. What surprises me most is the fact that she's a ghost. Creepy.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:11 am

Automancer wrote:Apparently since this was 100 years in the past, Alvina is still a child like Sif?

From the Cat Covenant Ring description:
    The white cat Alvina speaks a human tongue
    and has lived since the early Age of Fire.

In my mind that means she's (compared to humans) in her 20's during the DLC, while in the stock game she's in 50's. Meaning that she's probably hundreds of years old at the during the stock game.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:14 am

Alright, the DLC is over for me.
    I just killed Kalameet. I summoned 2 other hero's armed with dragon bows, and we had the hilarious experience of all shooting him with dragon arrows as he tried to pick a target. He barely even attacked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 am