Forest Disappointment

reim0027

Re: Forest Disappointment

Post by reim0027 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Forest hunting is great! You don't have to be human (so, you can't be invaded while trying to invade - so annoying). You don't lose humanity or souls. You are fighting against overwhelming odds. If you lose, who cares? You are facing trolls and gankers 99% of of the time. If you win, it is sweet. You overcame huge odds and just kicked a ganker's arse. Feels GREAT. The other thing is you don't need to worry about anyone's arbitrary rules. Anything goes. It can be relaxing and forces you to use anything you have to win.

You are fighting in an all out war. It is not a duel. Different expectations.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: Forest Disappointment

Post by Forum Pirate on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:25 pm

lorenzo110 wrote:I guess everyone has their thoughts and experiance on this question about forest fighting, berg fighting, defending, invading, dueling, ect. I could only say from my own experiance from playing DS and DKS that a skilled player with knowledge of fighting from a background of vast experaince will not be a fish out of water whether he was dropped at the berg for 1v1 or invading in the forest. The real player can adapt to any and all aspects of PVP. Period. If a person is not able to it is more likely a fault on their part that they need to shore up. A skill they have not mastered or a style they are unable to adapt against while fighting. Success comes from combining both knowledge and skill with experiance to be able to recongnise your opponents abilities and defects to counter smoothly and effieciantly. As a great master fighter once said of fighting styles and their rigid systems....be like water my friend...be like water.
    Thats what tolvo was saying. His point was that these skills can be learned most anywhere, reguardless of cov. Every area has all 3 of the pvp types avaliable.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:24 pm