Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

How many attunement slots would a Pyromancer need to....

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How many attunement slots would a Pyromancer need to.... Empty How many attunement slots would a Pyromancer need to....

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:23 pm

....have enough fireball spells to kill the Four Kings alone? Assuming you could take the most powerful spells available, and were using an ascended glove. Do you think 16 attunement would be enough?
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted

How many attunement slots would a Pyromancer need to.... Empty Re: How many attunement slots would a Pyromancer need to....

Post by StarScarJenova Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:31 pm

I have a dedicated pyro with 16 attunement. 2 combustion, 1 great combustion should be enough! big grin
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

How many attunement slots would a Pyromancer need to.... Empty Re: How many attunement slots would a Pyromancer need to....

Post by Serious_Much Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Using 2 combustion and 1 great combustion should kill the kings, but i'd pack fireballs just in case. Remember if you're going pure caster, the most important thing is to maximise casts as it'll do more damage overall.. long as you hit with them all obviously
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Remember you're not just limited to Combustion and Great Combustion anymore either. You can use the black magic version now too, generally for a bit more damage than GC.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:35 am

I summoned someone who used Power Within and Dark Pursurers.

I've never seen the Kings die so fast!
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Something else I was wondering...it's my understanding that having summoned partners causes the damage you deal to get reduced. Does this also apply if you have Beatrice summoned? Not sure if I even want her, since she doesn't exactly add much to the fight. If I'm trying this on a low level (15), would it be better to just dive in alone and throw all the pyro I can muster at them?
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StarScarJenova Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Kudos on the low level runs! The last time I summoned Beatrice was way before the game was patched up, I'm talking like when the game was much harder and the dragon head glitch was first discovered. If I remember correctly she did affect the fight the same way. She's a summon so it should still do it. I also remember the kings spawning WAY faster back then, but that could've been patch related. big grin
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Thanks for the tips. The Kings are toast. I'm now a level 15 Darkwraith. I went without Beatrice and just spammed the pyro. I ended up going with 19 attunement, but in hindsight, only needed 16, since its hard to miss with combustion.

I felt so dirty for invading the parish afterward that I stripped down to black leather pants only and a non-elemental Bastard. Even dropped a Twinkling titanite for the dude. I've been griefed too many times to ever do that to someone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm