Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
LordZaibek
bloodpixel
johnnyjwa
BIG TIME MASTER
GkMrBane
9 posters

What does over powered really mean?

GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What does over powered really mean? Empty What does over powered really mean?

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Well I think it means something like this, running into this guy in the burg. : ( 15 times in a row. and getting "taken" against my will like every time.

What does over powered really mean? 1330857165 http://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=363972127889471372

He gave me his stats .

Combustion + dark bead = evil combo What does over powered really mean? 1330857165
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What does over powered really mean? Empty Re: What does over powered really mean?

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Magic abusers....

I hate 'em.:x

Sometimes I invade or am invaded by somebody and we battle it out neck and neck for a good five to twenty minutes. My heart is racing and I'm totally absorbed in the frenetic action where every minute action matters.

Other times a giant blue/black mass of flaming smoky mystery gunk flies into my face and I am dead instantly. I hate magic. Not that there is anything wrong with using it!
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

What does over powered really mean? Empty Re: What does over powered really mean?

Post by johnnyjwa Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Only overpowered if you get hit
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 pm

It's overpowered if it is better than basically everything but isn't unbeatable.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:35 pm

I was in the burg everything was on fire and dark beads were flying threw the flames. I couldnt even tell where he was if I wasnt locked on.

He also dark beaded me through toxic mist a few times.

Cant dodge what you cant see. sad
    LordZaibek
    LordZaibek

Post by LordZaibek Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Being overpowered means that something has a winning combination of damage dealt per hit,, frequency of use (as well as spammability), and ability to actually hit the target.

This is why pyromancy, which lacks hitting ability and the longsword, which has a lack of damage per hit, are both considered balanced or underpowered in PVP. Whereas the Seekers which combine, damage dealt, hitting ability, and ease of use, are easily the most overpowered things in the game right now.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Kind of makes you wonder if the most ideal PvP class is the Cleric. You get access to GMB and VoS, plus WoG if anyone really abuses magic. And you can still have enough stats left to make a sweet melee class toon.

Anyone know if VoS works on Pyro? Never tried it myself.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:13 am

Back Lot Basher wrote:Anyone know if VoS works on Pyro? Never tried it myself.
    Yes it does. It prevents all forms of spell casting, which I found out to my dismay when I tried to use great combustion on a couple of gankers silly
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:20 am

In my opinion, something is overpowered when the only effective counter, disregarding player skill differences, is the mechanic itself.

For instance, back before the nerf, if two players of equal skill fought but one was using TWoP and one wasn't, the one using TWoP would practically always win. The only counter to a situation where TWoP was used successfully was to use TWoP yourself.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 am

When you get to SL 200 this kind of damage isn't "Overpowered" it's Expected. lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am