Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Phoenix Rising
GkMrBane
mugenis4real
7 posters

Obsidian Greatsword Builds Thread

mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Obsidian Greatsword Builds Thread Empty Obsidian Greatsword Builds Thread

Post by mugenis4real Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 pm

The Obsidian Greatsword is almost too good to be true. It only requires 20Str and 16Dex to do it's max damage, can be buffed with any spell of your choosing, and has a special AoE attack built right in. Beautiful.

As soon as I downloaded the DLC content, I set out on a quest to create a build to complement my new sword.

This is the build that I created.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=192872485368885791

What do your Obsidian Greatsword builds look like?

GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Obsidian Greatsword Builds Thread Empty Re: Obsidian Greatsword Builds Thread

Post by GkMrBane Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:54 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=154368000364687777 I took your build and made it more sexy with a hat instead of a baby face.

this one can switch out with and elemental Zwei for stunlocking via menu with out having to change armor since the endurance allows for 2 more pounds.

Last edited by GkMrBane on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 pm

an alternate version is this http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=222898336652769057

this has more spell utility.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:12 pm

http://mmdks.com/9wc

My SL50 build that I use on occasion...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:44 pm

While I did like the ogs I just don't think it's the best gs with low stat requirements, here's a better one http://mmdks.com/9wp
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:05 am

Holy $hit I did like 2200 dmg last night with this thing in pvp.

Red tearstone + powerwithin + crystal magic weapon = surprise but **** for my enemies.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 am

I haven't made a OGS build yet, but i'm going to do one soon.

@GkMr. You need to have 2 pyro flames anymore. The self damage of PW is the same with every upgrade of it, thanks to the patch.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:07 pm

Spurgun wrote:I haven't made a OGS build yet, but i'm going to do one soon.

@GkMr. You need to have 2 pyro flames anymore. The self damage of PW is the same with every upgrade of it, thanks to the patch.

Thanks man.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:22 pm

sacrificed 70 HP, but now you have Dark Bead and Black Flame

http://mmdks.com/a39
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:24 pm

RantFromRant wrote:While I did like the ogs I just don't think it's the best gs with low stat requirements, here's a better one http://mmdks.com/9wp

damn that really puts it in perspective that other GSs with low stats are just as powerful.

despite that being a Crystal.. even a +15 out damages the ODS if 2 handed.

makes me look differently at the ODS
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:While I did like the ogs I just don't think it's the best gs with low stat requirements, here's a better one http://mmdks.com/9wp

damn that really puts it in perspective that other GSs with low stats are just as powerful.

despite that being a Crystal.. even a +15 out damages the ODS if 2 handed.

makes me look differently at the ODS

True, however the utility of that special R2 attack counts for alot in battle. As brute force means nothing in the face of strategy.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:04 pm

The r2 is ey limited in battle, I can sens it being good in tight corridors but that's it, if you try to do it in an open area your *** is gonna get bsed. The msgs' r2 dead angles and his like a truck.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:27 pm

RantFromRant wrote:The r2 is ey limited in battle, I can sens it being good in tight corridors but that's it, if you try to do it in an open area your *** is gonna get bsed. The msgs' r2 dead angles and his like a truck.

I killed three invaders at the same time last night with it and the man serpent cant do that bro.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Those must have been some crap invaders then.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:18 pm

RantFromRant wrote:Those must have been some crap invaders then.

I was a lvl 200 testing the weapon with red tearstone and Power within and crystal magic weapon and it did 2200 dmg to all three who were trying to attack me I recieved about 340,000 souls from just those three and Im not sure what there levels were but they couldnt have been that low lvl.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:21 pm

GkMrBane wrote:

I was a lvl 200 testing the weapon with red tearstone and Power within and crystal magic weapon and it did 2200 dmg to all three who were trying to attack me I recieved about 340,000 souls from just those three and Im not sure what there levels were but they couldnt have been that low lvl.

Lol you can ohko anyone with any weapon at sl 200 dude. Specially with all those buffs lol
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 pm

GkMrBane wrote:

you could have did the same thing with WoG. with those damage buffs.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:43 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:

Lol you can ohko anyone with any weapon at sl 200 dude (:suspect:). Specially with all those buffs lol

:suspect:
    I was testing :suspect: for a new build. http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=425212067137176786 SL100
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:11 pm

You made it set like you were wrecking people with the r2, then you tell me you were doing it with all those buffs lol. You can ohko anyone with all that at sl 40.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Ok let's refocus back on OGS builds.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:02 pm

This was supposed to be a thread about the Obsidian Greatsword, not the Man-Serpent Greatsword.

While I do appreciate you sharing your knowledge about it's power, arguing about it's superiority was clearly a derail.

The two-handed R2 of the Obsidian Greatsword is relevant as are the different buffs that can be applied. A buffed AoE attack is nothing to dismiss so easily as you said.

"You made it set like you were wrecking people with the r2, then you tell me you were doing it with all those buffs lol. You can ohko anyone with all that at sl 40."

As one of the long time members of this forum, longer even than me, I find this behavior a little surprising.

Plain childish: "I swear to God if I ever meet you im going to plant my foot so far up your *** you can kiss it while its there."

Come now gentlemen, we're all better than this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am