Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
WandererReece
Veradox
Forum Pirate
Revoltage
Glutebrah
omegaweapon
10 posters

dose the game is realy hard?

omegaweapon

dose the game is realy hard? Empty dose the game is realy hard?

Post by omegaweapon Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:46 pm

i am sorry if this post dose not belong, but i couldn't find a good place to post it.
    everywhere i go people say how hard it is and such things. it come to the point that i was shaking when i was going to buy the game, then i was expecting a HUGE challenge.
    but when i played the game (as a 50 int sorceress with nearly no vit and 25%> equipment) it was not hard, you just need to know you are going to die, when you accept it (and not going to recover your souls with whatever means necessary) you will pass everything very easily. if you remain cool and don't rush you will learn and win. i am not a good gamer at all.i play all games on easy (first time then on hard) my reflex is as good as a snail. i can't even parry
    do i miss something? i didn't finish the game yet. killed scaleless dragon, and Knight Artorias in the new content. dose the game become really hard from now or something? (well there is one enemy that giving me a hard time, "stone guardian" in royal woods, they are just too fast).
    maybe its because i am a turn base rpg gamers, since somehow i find that they are similar, i know its a action game but gameplay elements is very like FF series, persona series and other TBRPG, you need to know what to do with every single enemy.
    sorry for my bad English.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

dose the game is realy hard? Empty Re: dose the game is realy hard?

Post by Glutebrah Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:50 pm

playing through as a pure Sorceress as you are takes some of the challenge away, they are PVE monsters, and make most boss fights easy mode.

do you summon phantoms alot? because summoning 2 over powered phantoms makes the game a joke.
    omegaweapon

Post by omegaweapon Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:58 pm

hmm i only play offline and i did summon "Solaire of Astora" sometimes when the game let me to, and only for bosses to get medals. other than that i can't summon any phantoms right? i think only online players can summon.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:06 pm

omegaweapon wrote:hmm i only play offline and i did summon "Solaire of Astora" sometimes when the game let me to, and only for bosses to get medals. other than that i can't summon any phantoms right? i think only online players can summon.

yea only online you can summon players. i would just say being a sorc makes the game a tad easier as they are super powerful at range. you will run into some difficulties against Manus (super magic resistant), and Gwyn (moves super fast hard to effectively cast.

but the key to the game is to not rush it, and play smart
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:27 pm

What everyone else said, playing as a sorcerer makes pve very easy. Try going for melee and try that out, it might be more challenging for you. It looks like you're doing good though, just keep playing smart and be patient happy
    omegaweapon

Post by omegaweapon Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 pm

don't get me wrong its a challenging game, but with all those reviews i thoughts it would be very frustrating. (like smashing your keybord after 100 death from first boss of game silly). its not frustrating at all, i always lough to my stupid deaths and i say: "man i deserved that death" (like trying to hit that ghost thinking: "ah my spear don't connect" when later i find out my curse was run out)

thanks guys, i am planning to use a paladin(only use faith magic for buffs) type of character next time and i am sure i will learn a lot more this time big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:08 pm

The people who find it frustrating or overly difficult are likely impatient and/or unwilling to or incapable of learning to play it smart.

I tell people this a ton, but I'll say it again anyways, it is not difficult, only strict. It simply punishes mistakes more harshly than most current games, the gameplay its self isn't difficult. (for pve anyways)
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:12 am

Belive me or not - I found it really difficult to play a sorceress after having like 5 or 6 melee toons... Anyways - the game is cool in the way it is. Sometimes ridiculously difficult, sometimes a cakewalk. The key to success is patience and old good trial'n'error will beat the game for you happy
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:24 am

Forum Pirate wrote:The people who find it frustrating or overly difficult are likely impatient and/or unwilling to or incapable of learning to play it smart.

That sums it up nicely. They die about a dozen times and then say, "This game is broken because it's impossible to beat." They don't even try to win after the dozenth death. This game is a little more difficult then others, but not as much as some people claim.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:10 am

I think a lot of people are finding it underwhelming in difficulty because they have read so much about the game and are maybe over-prepared for it. You have to admit that if you had never heard of the game and just installed it one day then you would find it to be quite a challenge.

Not like old nintendo games though. Some people get a bit carried away...
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:17 am

^ you just bumped a thread from 2 months ago silly
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:31 am

The hardest game is anything from SEGA, damn, Dark Souls is cake sompared to Sonic 3 & Knuckles, or Streets of Rage.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:51 am

Knowledge is the key.

You just beat it by spamming magix /: Not the fun way IMO, but if you enjoy cheaping out I guess that's alright...
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:50 am

lalliman wrote:^ you just bumped a thread from 2 months ago silly

Necro ftw.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 am