Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
befowler
Darkson
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Danthuyer
zappo
deathsdragon
eneq
Herbo
Disaster84
Carphil
Serious_Much
DxV04
Whknight
Yesuurd
gammlesvarte
20 posters

dam it why why me

gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

dam it why why me - Page 2 Empty Re: dam it why why me

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 pm

eneq wrote:if you are farming for souls I recommend joining the Forest covenant or to be in human form in the forest (need to be comfortable cleaning out the NPCs first). The return of invested time vs. souls is a lot better in PvP than mob farming.

I am lvl 72 on my toon and I can easily score 1mil + on a night of PvP but then again one needs to be comfortable with PvP and have decent gear so I guess it helps to have gone thru the game atleast once.

yea been to forest for some exploring its hard there i dont c the trees befor ethey pop at me and its a hard fight
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:48 pm

that dragon never gave me problems pretty easy, get to SL201 so I can help you winking
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 am

I have that dragon such *** whoping he wont sone forgett about...thanks for all the hints the best hint was wgeb he opend his mouth and smacked down in to the ground to to a charge then i just jumped and started to swing like a madwomen whit my faith morningstar and after a couple rushes when he get stuck poff he was dead
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:14 am

Congratulations! Enjoy adventuring in the horrors of Blighttown, do bring a bow and bloomed moss~
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:01 am

Whknight wrote:Congratulations! Enjoy adventuring in the horrors of Blighttown, do bring a bow and bloomed moss~

thanks for the hint i will do so..

any special arrows or just regular once
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:08 am

Normal ones are fine, it's easier to kill them from a distance but their accuracy against moving targets isn't great either, but roughly 2 hits, well ranged, not sure what they do for melee, and you will get toxic which is a stronger form of poison and only blooming moss cures it. Trying not to spoil much but the wiki can help cover any questions you may have also happy
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:13 am

I have 1 versus 1 against the Gaping dragon so many times, I even leave the Channeler alive to make it more interesting.

The first thing you need is a weapon that you can use. When the dragon is chasing after you, and tries to use its feet to kill you, stay a good chunk away from him, but not so much as that he will fly towards you. When he slams to the ground, hit his head once to three times (depending on your weapon speed), and when you see it lift its head a slight bit, run sideways and let him crawl away from you, and don't get caught, or you will probably die. When the tail comes, the right rolling moment will allow you to surpace it, and its tail always swings form the left side (if facing its tail, not his front), so roll towards where it swings for a better dodge. Slice its tail not where it connects to its body, but the tail itself, otherwise it might not recognize what you are doing, the game, and will not cut off its tail (remember that). When you see the dragon have spasms and swings around as if its about to explode, sprint away, otherwise your weapons and armor will be broken and useless. Hit him from the sides when distracted or is stuttered and can't do anything to harm you. Cutting off its tail saves you a ton of pain, so make sure that it is your top priority (the hammer can be given to Frampt for the 5000 souls if you don;t want it, and can add to your 25000 souls you receive from the dragon... unless you already went and got the silver ring, then cu-dose, but I believe you didn't, so...)

Good luck on the Dragon, my friend. Next time bring the Carim Bite Rings. The Poison and Curse Rings will help you a bunch. The poison is worth 15000 souls, and the curse can be found in new Londo. When in NG+, make sure to keep those around. As I said, good luck. Pain is expected in any game of challenge, but the Dragon of the Depths can easily be learned once you understand (not as easy as the gargoyles or the lesser Demons, but still).
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:18 am

dang just looked on the map at blight town that place is so big will take months for me to clear it
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:23 am

It's not really big, it's just leveled, like a skyscraper really. It's also a bit scary and dangerous looking, even dangerous at a few points due to certain bridges, during your first visit. If you want a really quick way to get their without picking up all the loot and just fighting Quelaag you can take the exit/back entrance in the vally of the drakes opposite of the new londo ruins shortcut.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:27 am

Whknight wrote:It's not really big, it's just leveled, like a skyscraper really. It's also a bit scary and dangerous looking, even dangerous at a few points due to certain bridges, during your first visit. If you want a really quick way to get their without picking up all the loot and just fighting Quelaag you can take the exit/back entrance in the vally of the drakes opposite of the new londo ruins shortcut.

naaa i need the loot and i want to explore the whole area its more fun and i can c there are some intressting items in that area
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:30 am

theres aplace where you can reach a nice sword with a running jump... be careful though.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Yeah, pretty decent loot. My one advice is when you find the giant wheel elevator at the bottom and go up, after some exploring you'll find a tree branch bridge that kinda looks like a bit of DNA, make sure you either have the homeward spell or a bone. Once you cross it, very carefully, and gather the loot don't try to cross back over. There is some terrain issues/barrier that more likely will throw you off and to your death than let you cross again. Much easier and safe to warp back to the bonfire at the bottom.

Oh yeah the Iaito. That is close to the area with the other slightly less dangerous bridge is :o
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:41 am

Lycka till happy
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:46 am

Whknight wrote:Yeah, pretty decent loot. My one advice is when you find the giant wheel elevator at the bottom and go up, after some exploring you'll find a tree branch bridge that kinda looks like a bit of DNA, make sure you either have the homeward spell or a bone. Once you cross it, very carefully, and gather the loot don't try to cross back over. There is some terrain issues/barrier that more likely will throw you off and to your death than let you cross again. Much easier and safe to warp back to the bonfire at the bottom.

Oh yeah the Iaito. That is close to the area with the other slightly less dangerous bridge is :o

thanks agien will start blight town after some sleep so im not sleepy when entering there...im mostly out after the shield and the armor sets in there,,,as im bulding or trying to build a faith cleric whit heavy armor or atlest one whit medium armor and good shield i cinda found the medium armor whit a strong shield good combo for my play style i tried whit elit knight armor but naaa
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:49 am

eneq wrote:Lycka till happy

ohh hej och tack
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 am

Elite Knight's is an amazingly powerful medium armor set, the body is among the best in terms of defense to weight. Just checked and all the armors you can pick up are light ones, just so you are aware ^^
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:17 am

Aaaaaaaah... Blighttown! Loved it there the first time! Felt so lost and helpless and scared. Died so many times. Every few steps already felt like a journey in this labyrinth. Just awesome!

I don't know if I have any helpful advice... Just always scope out the area well and take your steps very carefully... as you always have to in this game anyway :roll:

Btw I'm in love with the Elite Knight Set, currently have all pieces +9 (desperately need to get 4 slabs somehow :x). It looks so awesome and it currently beats all other sets I have with its awesome weight/defense ratio (I keep all my pieces sorted after weight to compare them). You can definitely take it into consideration!
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:08 am

Darkson wrote:Aaaaaaaah... Blighttown! Loved it there the first time! Felt so lost and helpless and scared. Died so many times. Every few steps already felt like a journey in this labyrinth. Just awesome!

I don't know if I have any helpful advice... Just always scope out the area well and take your steps very carefully... as you always have to in this game anyway :roll:

Btw I'm in love with the Elite Knight Set, currently have all pieces +9 (desperately need to get 4 slabs somehow :x). It looks so awesome and it currently beats all other sets I have with its awesome weight/defense ratio (I keep all my pieces sorted after weight to compare them). You can definitely take it into consideration!

yea i take it verry careful a hall way can take up to 10 minits before i get to the other end and i use my bow just to zoom in and pull out the mobs and not rushing to them
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:05 am

BLighttown is a ***** when you first go but it gets better in subsequent playthroughs big grin
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 am

yea i was down there and sniffed around for a while then i just sprinted back to the depths like a crying school girl...dam i wasent preperd and forgooted to buy the anti toxin moss
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:04 am

gammlesvarte wrote:
    yea i take it verry careful a hall way can take up to 10 minits before i get to the other end and i use my bow just to zoom in and pull out the mobs and not rushing to them

Very well! I think that's the golden rule, especially in Blighttown that weird humanoid dudes will keep coming to you, don't rush to them, just wait, take them out one after another and proceed when you made sure no reinforcements are coming.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:53 am

I was in love with elite knight's for a while but the poise on the chestpiece is terrible - like 16 compared to 20+ for other mediums. It's actually lower than the regular knight's; I ended up switching back. Once you get further in other ones like paladin's are better too.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:57 am

befowler wrote:I was in love with elite knight's for a while but the poise on the chestpiece is terrible - like 16 compared to 20+ for other mediums. It's actually lower than the regular knight's; I ended up switching back. Once you get further in other ones like paladin's are better too.

wait is the elit knigh armor tyou find in dark root medium?
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Wait, I'm confused, on the wiki it says it has the exact same poise as the regular Knight Set.

It's emberassing I can't remember the poise stats, and I have nothing else to looks them up right now bounce

Anyways, I'm not having major problems with its poise, it seems to be enough for me...

Last edited by Darkson on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I'm confused right now.)
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Knight/Elite/Paladin have the same poise value of 20, just checked it myself. Also yes, the knight armor you find near the butterfly is considered medium armor. This is roughly half personal and half what other people have said, but Elite Knight is pretty good freaking armor, even better with the 1.05 patch since before that the gloves were not on par with the rest of the set.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 am