Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
oregonav8r
Uparkaam
Gazman0169
Nybbles
>Brave<
Icegodzilla
mugenis4real
aprilmanha
Back Lot Basher
CaligoIllioneus
SlakeMoth
PlasticandRage
Conrack
Aznul
18 posters

Bridge Wyvern

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Bridge Wyvern  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bridge Wyvern

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Yeah, but you can easily farm scales from the drakes in the Valley. Heck, if you were of a mind to you could even do this right off the bat if you've had the foresight to pick the Master key as a starting gift, and so your argument doesn't hold much water I'm afraid.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:43 pm

true true but the hydra's give u drake scales and so do the smaller drakes why not the bridge wyvern i would just like a little something even humanity would be nice. I just said drake scales because that would make sense him being a drake and all
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Now, now, you mustn't be too greedy! Just be grateful that you've got the opportunity to get 10k's worth of souls so early in the game! lol
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:49 pm

hmm 10k early on is nice
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Ahh... another happy camper, I'm glad you finally see things my way! lol

(Mind you, just between the two of us, I'm buggered if I'd ever face off against the wee red beastie early on in the game, and only ever take it on once I'm fully tanked up, by which time 10k's worth of souls don't really mean much, but the moral victory is always priceless! twisted )
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Ha true sometimes the only reward i need is revenge
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Hey hang on, don't you have to kill it to get to the bonfire and join the Sunbros? I've never managed to out run the darn thing yet. My usual method is to stand at the far end (Taurus Demon end) and off it with my Dragonslayer Great Bow. The trick is to keep it down on the ground long enough to kill it, so you have to keep it interested which requires some nifty footwork. Good fun though. And Gazman, well done for going toe to toe and killing it.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm

no u don't have to its actually pretty easy to run past him epic name bro does it in this you tube vid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY3uDAiqk2c&feature=relmfu around 15:00 of the video

edited because i put the wrong time on it
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm not sure what method the video shows, but usually when I run past it I do this: first I make sure to rest at the burg bonfire right below the bridge, because accidents happen, then I unequip myself until I'm fast rolling, then creep up the stairs, when he breaths fire I run back down and let him roast the hollows on the bridge, then run back up right after his fire disappears, and run to the little niche on the other side of the bridge, opposite the stairs, so you're against a little wall facing him. You can back up a little and shoot arrows at hm in a spot where you can hit him but he can't hit you. He'll either try to breath fire at you or fly down and land and try to attack you that way. If he flies down and lands run for it. I usually run around to my right, around his left foot. He should breath fire to his front when you run out, giving you plenty of time to make it under him and to the Sunlight altar area. Just be careful. If you stick around by the bonfire he can still kill you with fire breath. I usually run right to the altar and wait. He tends to react by flying back on top of the building for a sec, then flying away.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:12 pm

I use the 'shoot arrow, hit face, run away' method, but I usually wait till NG+ and above, when I'm strong enough that it won't take too long.

I hate this fight though. I think it's the most messed up boss/mini-boss in the game, since you can't actually fight him. You have to either snipe, hit-and-run, or if you're strong enough HACK-HACK-HACK and kill him quickly, before he can 1-shot you. You can't actually have an enjoyable fight with this dragon, imo.

From made up for it with Kalameet though, they really got it right there.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:53 pm

^ I think Kalameet and the Sanctuary Guardian are actually my new favorite bosses. They're both such epic fights solo. If you fight them using melee you have to use everything at your disposal to win. Blocking, dodging, timing, ect. They're such fun fights. For an older school gamer like me they play right into what I enjoy about video games. My skill set, from growing up playing NES and SNES, is so relevant to timing and reflexes, which both are big game changers in those battles.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:15 am

@Slake- Thanks, I'm still buzzing about it! big grin Also if it helps my method for getting passed the Wyvern to get to the Parish bonfire is to quickly sprint up the stairs from the Berg shortcut, turn right at the top, and nip in behind the wall on the right. Then wait for it to begin it's descent down to the walkway, leg it towards the Parish bonfire before it lands, and quickly nip into the area by the Sunlight Altar to avoid any flame attacks it might do. I've a 100% success rate doing this, but the secret is to never be tempted to look back, because if you do you're gonna be toast! twisted
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:19 am

yeah ignore the items and keep running
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:29 am

Yes, because once you've entered the Sunlight Altar area, the Dragon Flies off, giving you the opportunity to retrieve them at your leisure, but be warned he does return, although I am yet to figure out what triggers this.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:34 am

I think you have to be in the area of the bridge that's blackened near the side where Solaire stands. There's a patch that's all charred that's also around where you are when he appears for the first time. I've noticed when I'm around that side of the bridge he tends to make a reappearance.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:43 am

Nope, I've tried that, and have spent ages spamming Bridge Wyvern  - Page 2 3596227959, as well as Bridge Wyvern  - Page 2 2707236321, all to no avail.

I personally think that the wee red beastie simply returns when it feels like it, as I've had it return coming from the direction of the Parish bonfire, coming up the stairs from the Berg shortcut, going down the Berg shortcut ladder, walking in both directions beneath the walkway, and going to pick a fight with Solaire! It's like it has a mind of it's own at times, but it could be that it simply returns after a set period of time! twisted
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Nope, I've tried that, and have spent ages spamming Bridge Wyvern  - Page 2 3596227959, as well as Bridge Wyvern  - Page 2 2707236321, all to no avail.

Hahahaha.
    Yeah I can't confirm my theory or anything. It's just a pattern I've noticed. I'm sure there must be something that triggers it. It can't be random. Nothing in this game seems to be.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:52 am

I'm a coward, so I'll stick to long range, which is the way I defeated Gwyndoline last night in ng+. Bit off topic, sorry. After trying the conventional way and failing I decided to just shoot him/her with my Dragonslayer Great Bow. Walked far enough up the corridor not to aggro him and fired away. Took about 15 arrows I think. Some will say this is cheap, me, I think it shows a degree of imagination and anyway he/her is just as dead.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:01 am

Cheap as in underhanded maybe, but cheap as in it not costing you much it certainly wasn't. As it would of cost you 7500 souls if you used 15 arrows, meaning that you went away with a mere 2500 souls for your trouble. You could of made more than that in less time by simply aggro-ing the wee red beastie five times from the Berg shortcut! lol
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:09 am

The only way I've ever killed the wyvern is with super-powered magic. INT 50, TCC, dragoncrest ring, dusk crown and red tearstone ring with homing crystal soulmass and a few crystal soul spears left the wyvern dead before it could do much back to me. 👽

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:12 am

Slake, if it makes you feel any better, I'm probably the undisputed king of wastefulness when it comes to the Bridge Wyvern, as I've done over 10k's worth of souls in various arrow types, many times over, in my neverending quest to kill it from afar, most of which have ended in complete and utter failure on the count of it's ability to heal itself quicker than I can fire a follow-up arrow.

Bridge Wyvern  - Page 2 2707236321

And to add insult to injury to date I've had more success by going toe-to-toe with the damn thing, than I've had taking pot-shots at it from afar. You'd think I'd of learned by now not to do this, but no I continue making the same old mistake time and time again!

Bridge Wyvern  - Page 2 2707236321
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:17 pm

i've learned that it's actually easier to run past that oversized chicken when you chop off it's tail on the way by. a running two-handed attack usually does the job in one shot. you just have to keep running while it's staggered or the damnable thing will leap into to the air and puke lave on your head.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:02 pm

[quote="Gazman0169"]Cheap as in underhanded maybe, but cheap as in it not costing you much it certainly wasn't. As it would of cost you 7500 souls if you used 15 arrows, meaning that you went away with a mere 2500 souls for your trouble. You could of made more than that in less time by simply aggro-ing the wee red beastie five times from the Berg shortcut! lol[/quote/

Yeah but I got 120,000 souls for Gwyndoline in ng+.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Personally I have only ever taken down the bridge wyvern in melee, and gwyndolin from afar (hawk ring to avoid all aggro). Those seem to be the most effective and reasonable strategies for each, but only if you know what you are doing.

Also, it is a bit amusing how many responses this is getting now that I have killed him twice more since I started this thread lol!.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:35 pm

ha that is funny, think i killed him the first time through luck and melee

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 am