Most underappreciated ring

Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Most underappreciated ring

Post by Aznul on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:24 pm

I know that on my first playthrough the stoneplate rings helped me quite a bit. I used them whenever I hit a wall so I could focus more on my offense than my defense when leveling to overcome a challenging area/boss. (Though to be honest my defense is far more developed than my unfocused offense, I am still learning after all.) Although, it would be cool if they could be made to scale somehow to remain relevant in later runs.

Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak - Unknown
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Rarayn wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:The stoneplate rings are underused but yet they actually provide decent defences for a low Armour player, or the speckled stoneplate ring to help you handle anything if your going through the game blind. or you can always make the ultimate fire/magic tank by useing havels/tarkus's set (depending what your tanking against) magic/fires stoneplate ring, rofap for extra health against all types of damage and a dragon weapon to even further improved magic/fire res by 20 heres a couple examples.
    Magic tank:http://tinyurl.com/b7yvva2
    Fire tank:http://tinyurl.com/a8jb5jl
    Now offcourse since these characters are sl 80 and they roll like obese turtles its best to use them for co-op in areas where they defend best in.
    But yeah I think the stone plate rings can defiantly strengthen a low armourd character or further strengthen a tank.
    It's very, very, very rare that it's worth sacrificing the +40 Poise of the Wolf Ring or the 50% extra carrying capacity of Havel's Ring for just a tiny token boost to some miscellaneous defences.
    Why would you ever need more than 100 poise? Even if you threw on the havels ring to either of the builds i showed, your still gonna fat roll, so better defense is better than pointless stat increase that changes nothing.
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:48 pm

The stoneplate rings are great for specialized defense boosts when you know what is coming. I used the lightning one for Ornstein and smough, the magic one for seath, and the steel (physical defense) one for many other situations, including the first hydra (the projectiles are physical damage as far as I know)

Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak - Unknown
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:19 pm

T-King-667 wrote:
    Rarayn wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:The stoneplate rings are underused but yet they actually provide decent defences for a low Armour player, or the speckled stoneplate ring to help you handle anything if your going through the game blind. or you can always make the ultimate fire/magic tank by useing havels/tarkus's set (depending what your tanking against) magic/fires stoneplate ring, rofap for extra health against all types of damage and a dragon weapon to even further improved magic/fire res by 20 heres a couple examples.
    Magic tank:http://tinyurl.com/b7yvva2
    Fire tank:http://tinyurl.com/a8jb5jl
    Now offcourse since these characters are sl 80 and they roll like obese turtles its best to use them for co-op in areas where they defend best in.
    But yeah I think the stone plate rings can defiantly strengthen a low armourd character or further strengthen a tank.
    It's very, very, very rare that it's worth sacrificing the +40 Poise of the Wolf Ring or the 50% extra carrying capacity of Havel's Ring for just a tiny token boost to some miscellaneous defences.
    Why would you ever need more than 100 poise? Even if you threw on the havels ring to either of the builds i showed, your still gonna fat roll, so better defense is better than pointless stat increase that changes nothing.
    I was talking about ring choices in general, not for the builds you posted specifically. Those builds would probably be superb against the enemies they're geared up against. I'm just saying that it's more rare to need a bit of extra elemental resistance than it is to need extra poise or carrying capacity.

160 Poise should be enough to take two two-handed hits by an Ultra Great Sword in a row without getting staggered. I'd say that's pretty good.
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:52 pm

T-King-667 wrote:The stoneplate rings are underused but yet they actually provide decent defences for a low Armour player.

The Ring of Steel Protection and stoneplate rings helped my character a lot untill I found better armor. They are really nice for a new character.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:14 pm

if you're a dragon the plate rings, all the defense and resistance rings really, are invaluable. but you have to continually swap them around as the situation changes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:00 pm