Next Game Fetures

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Next Game Fetures

Post by aprilmanha on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:35 pm

What features would people like to see in the next Souls game?

I have been thinking about it for quite a while and the main feature I want to see is randomated dungeon content like diablo contains. It would make the game last so much longer.
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Next Game Fetures

Post by WandererReece on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:10 pm

They should add patroling enemies.

It would be great if they also added puzzles. I want to be mentally challenged. That didn't come out right, but you know what I mean.

Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Ya know what I'd like to see? Some realistic damn beard options. How hard is that From? Every warrior needs a big burly man beard.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Definitely roaming enemies, especially enemies that can stalk you through levels. I want new players to be unknowingly shadowed through a level and just as they run into too strong a mob and attempt to run the stalker would strike as if from nowhere twisted

Also aside from the obvious more of everything I hope From waits for the next gen systems and boosts AI ingenuity and diversity. things like bosses using varying attack patterns, some enemies running for reinforcements as the fight turns sour while others lure the player in before a final strike. Ideally it would go as far as stronger enemies adjusting to player's attack style, strafing poll arms, back stepping short weapons, timing Great weapons, and even employing anti/counter bs techniques.

edit: ^^and decent looking hair for men^^ good call plastic lol!
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:11 pm

First a Better Arena
    User Cov support
    Less Lag
    Dedicated Servers
    Better Character Models
    More Dex Str variety
    And
    Party Chat

my favorite qoutes:

Tolvo wrote:I want one that moans loudly just so players can get really confused and creeped out.

"I
    just put a stone in that things mouth, with that face, and it sexually
    moaned. Alright I'm getting the hell out of here."

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Oh I would like to see character Classes, and bosses slightly adapt to make it possible to kill them with that class. Rather tired of grinding levels to allow me to take the thing that the boss is weak to just to progress and ending up with the same Waouage as I always do (Warrior/rogue/mage mashup).

Also take a leaf from Dragons Dogma and make rogues more effective against bosses, rather then just weak warriors with no armour and weak weapons.
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Well I actually really enjoy that there is no forced separation between character types, however I do feel there should be more to make playing a specific type more rewarding especially through lvl 100 where your main stat peaks and there is no reason to avoid boosting a second.

Have you tried buffing your dex weapons? Even pine resin on a pure dex weapon like ricard's rapier or painted guardian sword will shred bosses.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:23 pm

des style hyper armored unparriable ug weapons. need a trade off for being so easy to dodge/parry/bs punish.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PwnasauresRex on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:50 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Ya know what I'd like to see? Some realistic damn beard options. How hard is that From? Every warrior needs a big burly man beard.

I was going to say that a badass beard option should be in the next game...Just too slow

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 pm

It just doesn't make sense for every grown man in the world to be as clean shaven as the day he was born. The stubble doesn't even really look like stubble. Kinda just looks like parts of your face are purple.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PwnasauresRex on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Tell me about it. I want to make a character with a Grizzly Adams beard

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 am

Dodge roll that can be executed immediately upon being knocked down/sent flying ( would have been great against the bridge wyvern, I hate that spamming fire-spewing bastard) Also the ability to "bank" your souls would be cool too.

Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak - Unknown
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:34 am

Option to fade HUD.

Wood carving menu like gesture menu

Be able to directly summon friends

Return backstab animation to DES standard

I second beards. Come to think of it, it really is pretty ridiculous not having one

JacobNilsson

Post by JacobNilsson on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:57 am

Bigger and harder bosses, whom you do not have to kill to proceed in the game. You only kill them for special items and lots of souls.
    These bosses will be impossible to take down on your own thou. You will have to have a party with at least 4-6 members... With both support classes who heal, and tank classes.

Another feature should be a trading system. For the unique items that can be looted in the new big bad-*** bosses. Imagine a axe so rare it only drops 1 time out of 10 000. This new trading system would allow trading items for items, or items for souls.

I also want bigger arena battles. Like... 10 vs 10.That would be epic.
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:20 am

I would like to see resistance replaced with a stat that is useful and I think I have a good idea.

I absolutely love Chester's abilities with his crossbow and I think that having quick loading increases in weapons like crossbows when you level up, like how attunement increases your slots would be great. Also with this new stat whatever you would call it would increase the damage of item weapons like firebombs and knife throwing. I always felt that those item weapons pretty much become redundant at the end and in PvP so this would make them useful but not overpowered early in the game.
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:16 am

NO. INSTA-HEAL ITEMS. Don't care HOW RARE. Don't want em.
    No spider enemies...
    More badass parry animations, The Souls series is supposed to be brutal? Let me impale my enemy with a spear, And charge them into the nearest wall.

Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:31 am

Some good ideas here, bar the arena.
    World PvP is fine, but when an area is dedicated to PvP people will want leaderboards
    and well leaderboards are the worst things in the world and everyone turns into an
    ******* when leaderboards are involved.

NO GLITCHES! This'll be your third Souls game! Would it be possible on launch
    to have the game fully built and tested before it's released?

Also a better publisher..

"The problem isn't the problem...
    Your attitude about the problem is the problem, do you understand?"
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 am

steveswede wrote:I would like to see resistance replaced with a stat that is useful and I think I have a good idea.

I think that having quick loading increases in weapons like crossbows when you level up, like how attunement increases your slots would be great.

They could also remove the spell cast speed increase from dex and make it part of the new stat.

Obsessed

Post by Rarayn on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 am

WandererReece wrote:
    steveswede wrote:I would like to see resistance replaced with a stat that is useful and I think I have a good idea.

I think that having quick loading increases in weapons like crossbows when you level up, like how attunement increases your slots would be great.

They could also remove the spell cast speed increase from dex and make it part of the new stat.

Like an Agility stat then? Not often I see both Dexterity and Agility in the same game. Usually they represent the same thing.
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 pm

AzureCrow wrote:Definitely roaming enemies, especially enemies that can stalk you through levels. I want new players to be unknowingly shadowed through a level and just as they run into too strong a mob and attempt to run the stalker would strike as if from nowhere twisted

Also aside from the obvious more of everything I hope From waits for the next gen systems and boosts AI ingenuity and diversity. things like bosses using varying attack patterns, some enemies running for reinforcements as the fight turns sour while others lure the player in before a final strike. Ideally it would go as far as stronger enemies adjusting to player's attack style, strafing poll arms, back stepping short weapons, timing Great weapons, and even employing anti/counter bs techniques.

I think From created the invasion system so they could make a smart and unpredictable enemy, because the best enemy is a human.

Also, it is very hard to create a smart AI. Many people are trying to solve that. When you make a game more diverse you also make it harder to create a good AI, because there are more variables.

rarayan wrote:Like an Agility stat then? Not often I see both Dexterity and Agility in the same game. Usually they represent the same thing.

That's true. Usually you don't, because they are the same thing. However, it would balance the game, and less people would complain about dex being over powered.

Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 pm

I know this isn't popular, but I would like to see more defined 'paths' for character builds similar to the step from Diablo I to II. Yeah, it's nice having a jack of all trades or to be able to change your mind at any point, but I'd really like the ability to have 7 or so 'classes' and within each of those classes you have your own melee, spell, and range builds, all of which are viable if played correctly.

I'd also like to see more randomized special weapons like the channeler's trident and also randomize special armor as well.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Almost forgot. No ''Second Chance'' stuff like they had In Demon's Souls.
    Glad they took it out of Dark Souls. Ruined the game, if you ask me.

Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:51 pm

So strength stat for strike heavy weapons, Dex for bleed cutting fragile weapons and an Agility stat for casting and pojectile speed with offensive items increase in damage with scaling. Sounds great lets make it happen.
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Only next feature I'd like to see is nothing that makes it easier. If I wanted to play assassins creed or gow I would. What I love about the DS series is it's a challenge, every boss is a puzzle to learn or die trying.
    Enemies that random spawn ( no notification, or an on/off option to make it easier, cause once you learn the spawn points ).
    Harder Pre-boss enemies, not as predictable as they are now . Maybe when the PS4 platform arrive eh?

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Your actions have consequences in the game. Like say if you attack an NPC Cleric, then the word gets around and eventually all of the other NPC Clerics in the game start to act hostile towards you. If this could be extended to include the player classes then PvP would become a veritable minefield, as you'd have to think twice before attacking another player for fear of what repercussions it may have in your current run. Using DkS as an example it would be like if you fought and killed another player in say the Chaos covenant, then the Fair Lady and Eingyl would eventually hear about it becoming hostile towards you, and you'd also become a prime target for any other players in the Chaos covenant who would be drawn to hunt you down via invasion.

Levels where the layout constantly changes. Imagine a labyrinth, where the walls would shift every minute or so, leading to instant death, or immense wealth.

Roaming enemies, who react to what the player does, and do not just stand there being picked off from afar.

Covenant wars, set against the server median. Again using DkS as an example if a large number of player controlled Darkwraiths attacked a large number of Darkmoons, then the Darkmoons would declare war on the Darkwraiths, leading to invitations being sent out to members of each convenant to converge on an area at a set time/date to fight it out en masse, and if they did not attend then they would be labelled as disserters, which would carry harsh penalties. Forced PvP, bring it on! twisted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:30 pm