Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Hatsune Miku
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
User
Emergence
DoughGuy
SlakeMoth
vatar5
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Forum Pirate
PlasticandRage
RANT
ChizFreak
17 posters

Best PSOne game? (also PSP games)

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Best PSOne game? (also PSP games) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best PSOne game? (also PSP games)

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 pm

I don't want no disk. The american laws on downloaded content are bull****, I have hardcopies of everything. My digital copies only exsist where the hard copy is valuable. (ie myy black labled ff 7)
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Best PSOne game? (also PSP games) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best PSOne game? (also PSP games)

Post by vatar5 Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Dont forget Persona 3 and Tales of Destiny!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 pm

^ I've heard great things about the Persona series. I'm still yet to play any. You guys are giving me ideas here too.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Dude YOU MUST play Persona 3!
    You can also watch Persona 4 the Animation,it's hilarious!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:05 pm

It's like a cross between an SRPG and a traditional RPG right? Maybe I'll see if I can find it on PC
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 pm

I found Persona 3 just went on and on... I loved it very much at the start, but eventually it just got way too dragged out for my taste. But it's on sale I think, so it's worth picking up (I played Persona 3 Portable--P3P,--was a good port).

A series I really enjoy playing on PSP is Disgaea. I played 1 and 2, and they're a ton of fun.

For PSOne Classics, I recommend: Castlevania SotN, Crash Bandicoot 2, Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 (I just started 6--I hear really good things about it, but it's too early to give my own impressions), and Metal Gear Solid, among others.

For PSP games, on top of the games I talked about above, I recommend Valkyria Chronicles 2--FOR SURE!--and Gran Turismo. GT PSP didn't get the best reviews, but it's a great game. Honestly, it's a pretty **** racing simulator! But consider it a driving simulator (or time trial sim, if you like) and it's really good. Until there's a GT Vita, I recommend getting GT PSP.

But the first game you should get is Valkyria Chronicles 2! Try the demo, I'm sure it'll convince you.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:32 am

Wait can you get Persona 3 on the PSN?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:53 pm

I have a PSP Go, so all the games I mentioned are downloadable (I'm pretty sure Persona 1 and 2 are on there also).

Also, DO NOT get Killzone Liberation. I don't care much for Modnation Racers PSP or LittleBigPlanet PSP either, or GTA: Chinatown Wars. Those are games I don't recommend.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:08 pm

That's a shame. I often feel like if I want to play older games I'm forced to 'navigate' around doing it the traditional way. The sad thing is I'd be willing to pay for most of them. I'm just not going to buy a whole new system just to do it. It's not only about making games available on things like the PSN either. It's about backwards compatibility. I still have all my PS1 games, and play them on my PS3 fairly regularly, but it seems like developers moving away from even making it an option is the trend. I miss my Ps2 games, and I find that I'm often less likely to play them because I'm not motivated enough to hook up my Ps2.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Legend of dragoon

hogs of war

final fantasy viii

tekken 3

crash bandicoot trilogy or CTR

Spyro 2 or 3
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Castlevania Symphony of the Night will keep you occupied for a long while too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DybCjKqyjLE
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:28 am

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:Castlevania Symphony of the Night will keep you occupied for a long while too.

Hahaha. I'm a big fan of the series. After they made SotN they made a whole series of them that use the same formula. All three of the ones for GBA, a couple of the ones for DS, a particularly enjoyed Portrait of Ruin, and one of the ones for PS2. I think it was called Curse of the Darkness. I really enjoyed that one. I was sad to see that they didn't stick with it when they moved on to Ps3. Though I did enjoy Lords of Shadow.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Vinyl Scratch wrote:

Hahaha. I'm a big fan of the series. After they made SotN they made a whole series of them that use the same formula. All three of the ones for GBA, a couple of the ones for DS, a particularly enjoyed Portrait of Ruin, and one of the ones for PS2. I think it was called Curse of the Darkness. I really enjoyed that one. I was sad to see that they didn't stick with it when they moved on to Ps3. Though I did enjoy Lords of Shadow.

Circle of the Moon for GBA is what got me started on the series. I really enjoyed Portrait of Ruin as well. Lords of Shadow was really good too; Although I never liked you couldn't move the camera around like Dark Souls or Demon's Souls.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:51 pm

I don't remember that aspect, but if you couldn't I'm sure I probably found it annoying as well. You played the new one one the PSN? The multiplayer one?
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm

The side-scrolling platformer multi-player one? If that, then no. I haven't. Why?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Yeah that one. I can't remember what it's called. I was going to ask how it is, but I guess you don't know either. Evidently it's based on how fast you can complete set levels. Which kinda puts me off. I like the whole exploring, leveling up, finding items/abilities aspects.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:31 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I like the whole exploring, leveling up, finding items/abilities aspects.

^This.

Have you 100 percented everything in Portrait of Ruin?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 pm

No, but I've gotten pretty close. I finished it and then jumped right into one of the other ones for DS. I can't remember what it's called. The one where you play as the girl, not Soma Cruz. I wanted to get into the new one with Soma but all the stylus nonsense is really difficult to do with a mouse.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Thank you plastic! My jaw was dropping the further down the comments i got without a mention of Castlevania:SotN. It is one of the best ps1 games ever, and it actually really feels like a 2d Souls game in a lot of ways. I really think Fromsoft was inspired by that game.

PS1:

-Metal Gear Solid
    -Castlevania:SotN
    -Final Fantasy Tactics
    -Tomba!
    -Final Fantasy(origins,7-9,)
    -Oddworld Abe's Oddysee

PSP(I never owned a psp, so yea don't know many...):

-Power Stone:Bundle(ive played this, but it is on psn for psp)
    -Final Fantasy Dissidia(always wanted to play that, looks fun)
    -Monster Hunter:Freedom Unite

PS2(think you can play them on vita):

-Persona 3 FES
    -God Hand(more people need this game!)

So many more i would recommend, ps1/ps2 are my favorite consoles. I stuck to ones i was fairly sure were on PSN.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:45 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:No, but I've gotten pretty close. I finished it and then jumped right into one of the other ones for DS. I can't remember what it's called. The one where you play as the girl, not Soma Cruz. I wanted to get into the new one with Soma but all the stylus nonsense is really difficult to do with a mouse.

The one with the girl is Order of Ecclasia, or something like that. Then the other with Soma Cruz is Dawn of Sorrow.

Off-topic of Casltevania: Is Cave Story available for download for PSP?

If so, that's a amazing game. And I highly recommend it.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:46 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:No, but I've gotten pretty close. I finished it and then jumped right into one of the other ones for DS. I can't remember what it's called. The one where you play as the girl, not Soma Cruz. I wanted to get into the new one with Soma but all the stylus nonsense is really difficult to do with a mouse.

The one with the girl is Order of Ecclasia, or something like that. Then the other with Soma Cruz is Dawn of Sorrow.

Off-topic of Casltevania: Is Cave Story available for download for PSP?

If so, that's a amazing game. And I highly recommend it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Yeah Order of Ecclesia. That's the one. It's alright so far. I think out of the 3 I like Portrait the best so far though. It's the most like SotN, and I thought the integration of 2 characters with different abilities was nice. I also enjoyed the banter between them.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Vagrant Story, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV-IX.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Look Skyward

Heads up: if you're playing FFVI on PSP Go (I assume it's the same for the regular PSP... and probably PS3 also), do not use the "memo" quick save file... I did, and lost the save when I quit the game. I was only an hour in, but it's annoying to have to start over. Use the proper save, instead.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 pm

^ that. Not a fun discovery (my friend thought it was hilarious though)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:50 am