Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Rarayn
PlasticandRage
6 posters

Kiln of the First Flame hidden area?

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Kiln of the First Flame hidden area? Empty Kiln of the First Flame hidden area?

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am

So I've just gone down into the Kiln to deposit the LV with Frampt and when I was walking back to Frampt to return to Firelink I noticed some orange soap stone signs in an area I've never seen them before. They're up above me along the side of the tower type structure that holds the 10 urns behind Frampt. It kinda looks like somebody manage to access the little walkway with the stairwells that are off to the side of the platform the lord vessel is on. Any of you guys know anything about this? I took a picture on my phone if anyone wants to see it. I'm trying to make the jump now but I can't seem to make it.

I don't think it's possible to make the jump. Cmon guys somebody else must have seen this before.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Kiln of the First Flame hidden area? Empty Re: Kiln of the First Flame hidden area?

Post by Rarayn Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:20 am

Can you post the photo you mentioned? This sounds interesting.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Kiln of the First Flame hidden area? Empty Re: Kiln of the First Flame hidden area?

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 am

I'll do it right now. I wanted to wait to see if anyone actually showed any interest before I motivated to upload it off my phone. My first thought was that it was an OSS message posted way up in Firelink that I was just seeing through the ceiling, but there's a load screen between that room and Firelink. I'd assume they're entirely separate areas in that regard ya know?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:32 am

Okay here they are. I took a couple photos so you could see it in relation to the layout of the room a little better.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Weird right?
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:45 am

If this was on PC it wouldn't be that surprising, since I see hovering messages in places you shouldn't be able to go quite often there. This though? No clue how anything like this could be possible. Mysterious.

Must be frustrating to see a message like that without being able to read it lol
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:47 am

Yeah this was on PS3. I don't often see messages in unreachable spots like that. In fact I don't recall ever seeing messages I couldn't get to before. Oh you and I both know it's praise the sun. It has to be. Or possibly 'Here!'

I tried to make that jump a good 20 times, being from the main platform to the side walkways with the little stairwells. I'm pretty positive it's impossible. I had it down I was jumping right at the last second before I fell and I was just brushing the other platform. It's literally inches out of your reach. So I don't know. We could be missing something here.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:00 am

This is an old, sort of glitch I suppose. I can't remember where, but if you put messages down somewhere they appear above the shrine. I can't remember if it was Firelink itself or somewhere else where the messages are put though.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 am

I've heard this is a glitch with areas being stored near each other in the game data. What you're seeing is messages left at Firelink that have kind of bled through the floor. Since the Lordvessel chamber data is stored next to Firelink Shrine in the "code geography" you're just seeing these messages that have bled through.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 am

^ That was my first thought. The fact that there's a load screen between them was what threw me. There are definitely areas of the game where you can see across distances from one area into another and see stuff like this, but because they're not traditionally 'connected' I didn't know what to think. I knew somebody here had to have seen something like this before.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:20 am

I'll bet that it says "here!"
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:07 pm

I think we determined that the elevator to undead parish overlaps with the firelink chamber, so messages placed at the bottom of the elevator can be seen from down there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 am