Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
sinspaw
SlakeMoth
AzureCrow
GrinTwist
BIG TIME MASTER
XachAttack
RANT
Marino.
PlasticandRage
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Isirith
16 posters

Why is it -

Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why is it - Empty Why is it -

Post by Isirith Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:51 pm

That at a high-ish Soul Level you can have some fierce battles, yet...
    everyone (I've come across) retains a good amount of respect and sportsmanship to one
    another?
    You win, you lose, you draw.

Everyone seems to be having a hell of a time.
    Yet..
    At a low to mid Soul Level range you get into a fight, you get your *** kicked
    (in my case) you get some pretty abusive messages on how badly you sucked and how your
    Mum's a **** and your life is a joke. Oh! Let's not forget the 'Noob" either...
    I'd hate for someone to properly insult me.. O_o

You message back with just a simple "Thanks" or something non-abusive and then suddenly
    you have a bunch of messages thrust upon you about how they've beaten upto the 4 Kings
    on 8475632 different characters all at SL 20 and down.

Why!?
    I didn't ask, I quite frankly don't care.
    Guilty conscience perhaps?
    And.. I dunno about you guys... But I'm truly impressed with the amount of level 20's running
    around with better gear than my SL 110's

It would seem if running to the 4 Kings is easier than I thought it would be at level 10 - 20.

What I'd give to see everyone's **** reset..
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Why is it - Empty Re: Why is it -

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:00 am

I don't PvP much at ~SL 20 (if at all...) so I wouldn't really know. silly
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:50 am

their holdovers from the bb glitch, a few are true low level playthrough people but most of the a-hole ones are bb'ers. one guy that was doing the op low level thing as a summon in the burg had the dark spells... and repeatedly parried havel for fun... then one shot him.... oh well, good for me bad for invaders. plus by lvl 20 i was using the bk halberd so then the op low level people were on even footing with me.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:05 am

I just had something really similar to this happen to me the other night. I was actually trying to help someone from the forum get their knight's honor. It was taking a really long time for us to make the RSS work, and while I was waiting I got invaded. I was fog ring hiding and sent him a message explaining that I was trying to help somebody out and if he could please BSC I'd appreciate it. He said he would then a minute later I was getting attacked. So I White Dragon Breath 1HKO'd him, and suddenly I'm the jerk. I had to listen to all the same nonsense. Apparently I was fighting a 'real duelist vet,' and it wasn't okay for me to cast spells like WDB. Utter nonsense.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:15 am

There are nutheads and decent People everywhere so its best notto worry about it too much .
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:18 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I just had something really similar to this happen to me the other night. I was actually trying to help someone from the forum get their knight's honor. It was taking a really long time for us to make the RSS work, and while I was waiting I got invaded. I was fog ring hiding and sent him a message explaining that I was trying to help somebody out and if he could please BSC I'd appreciate it. He said he would then a minute later I was getting attacked. So I White Dragon Breath 1HKO'd him, and suddenly I'm the jerk. I had to listen to all the same nonsense. Apparently I was fighting a 'real duelist vet,' and it wasn't okay for me to cast spells like WDB. Utter nonsense.

lmao sore loser.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:20 am

I can't say I can relate.

Try not to let crap like this bug you Isirith, they're just idiots.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:23 am

The crazy thing is he was accusing me of not following 'the rules of dueling' and that I wasn't honorable because I was wearing a fog ring, but I told him straight out I wasn't even trying to PvP. That I didn't want to fight at all in fact. I was just trying to summon someone in order to give them items. I'm pretty sure the term duel implies two willing parties.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 am

My sl 200 gets invaded so much, but it is always a bow and a fair duel.

My other less than sl 100 characters dont get invaded so much, but when they do it is usually losers who feel a need to brag. If it really gets on your nerves, just stick to your higher level toon, or stay hollow more often with your low level toons.

As to your question why, I believe the time it takes to make a high level toon and get into the NG+'s takes a degree of discipline that the BB glitchers never developed, along with other character flaws.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:26 am

Four Kings takes a couple of tries with an SL 20 but it is actually nothing that difficult.

I personally don't invade low levels though because I normally find them to be new players or very sore losers. I could go on my SL 150 invade for seven straight hours and never get any "fan mail" but when I'm invading at any low levels I get one or two messages of fan mail every ten invasions or so. It really seems to be what Big Time said people at lower levels haven't undergone the same amount of discipline as someone that has created a higher level character.

I can't say the messages bother me that much though, I just have a fun time pointing out all the flaws in their grammar and move on. silly
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:22 am

BigTime and Grin are completely right, first hate mail my NG+ 200 has gotten in months was some lvl 50 who randomly invaded me with endgame gear in painted world. After loosing and re-invading me he bowed then after one hit he ran for the bonewheel pit then sent me a message complaining about being cheap when my tower shield decided neither he nor the skellies would be damaging me that day. Praise the Sun

I don't think it's just a matter of more experienced players being more honorable so much as players who truly want a challenge will continue to higher levels and NGs and enjoy the challenge of pvp on even terms to really earn their wins.

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 am

The pity is that someone like me, who doesn't do PvP but would like to try, can be put off by a negative experience when they go human to kindle a bonfire and get invaded. This has happened to me loads of times but last night was different. I'd summoned someone for the Artorias fight in newgame+ and he/she was great and helped me beat the beggar. I sent them a message afterwards to thank them, then kindled the bonfire in the township. Then I got invaded but, after bowing to each other, I admit I quite enjoyed the duel and didn't mind losing. The difference was that my invader behaved in an honourable way and I feel much more positive about PvP now.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 am

I've started forest invading, which means I've started being on the receiving end of one gank after another. At first, my reaction was, "No wonder everybody complains, all anybody does is gank!" but I was determined to not let it ruin the experience for me.

So now I don't approach a two-vs-one fight with the intent to win, because I will be setting myself up for dissappointment. Instead I go in with the mindset to cause as much mayhem as possible and try to trick them if I can.

Obviously, going in head first isn't going to get me anywhere but dead fast, so I have been trying to draw the gankers into elaborate traps, which mostly involves me running like a wild man trying to lure them into powerful enemies, like the cattigators or mushroom dudes, to split them up. I also fling poo from time to time, just to mess with them. Sometimes the best thing to do is just annoy them until another invader shows up, which is usually within a few minutes, and then it really gets fun.

In fact, in a way, getting ganked in the forest is kind of like a relaxing anything-goes type of fun experience for me, and one on one duels are more tense. Just focus on having fun, don't let other peoples over-competitiveness get into your mind as well!
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:38 am

Fair duels? I don't think i've ever had such a thing. On 1v1's, they run away to try and trap you among 4 or 5 enemies and won't leave the place. Of course, they're after one thing and one thing only - backstabs.

2v1's are worse though. Somehow not being enough to have numerical advantage, they're only after backstabs as well, and do the dirtiest tricks possible. There's absolutely no honour in pvp in this game, and if there is, hell I haven't encountered it yet. Never had a god damn duel in which I could conclude that the other guy was a decent dueler. I have 1 shotted a couple of invaders with my heavy weapons+PW, I suppose I'll never know if those guys were decent.

edit: This is one of the reasons I miss DeS connectivity. Those were actual duels, and even if the bastards only wanted backstabbing, the lack of lag/shock made it really difficult for then, unlike in DkS. Most people behaved very differently in DeS in terms of duels, and being backstabbed in DeS meant you could only blame yourself.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:39 pm

as an invader i don't particularly care if i get ganked or whatever. chances are i'm outgunned and out matched when i invade, so a horrible death is likely inevitable. i don't actually lose anything if i die anyway. but how sweet it is if i manage to pull off a miracle win, especially if i get fan mail afterwards. sore losers amuse me for some reason.

but when i invade in a 2v1 or they are obviously well over my level and backstab or shot me and then gloat Well What is it Point Down or send me "NOOB" mail it makes me shake my head. i mean seriously, sore winners should **** off and die.

it's those rare times when the odds seem to be even that the behaviour of my fellow dark souls players improves. for some reason, the larger the gap between myself and the other player, the worse it seems to get.
    cloudstrife070
    cloudstrife070

Post by cloudstrife070 Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:43 pm

apparently i am a noob and a *** idiot cause i use moonlight greatsword lol
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 pm

cloudstrife070 wrote:apparently i am a noob and a *** idiot cause i use moonlight greatsword lol

i know right!

why wouldn't i want to use one of the best weapons in the game? it's not my fault you handicapped yourself by using a subpar weapon so you could pretend to be pro.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:58 pm

You can't EXPECT HONOR, In this game. Learned early on, that being honorable and bowing could definitely get you killed. It's nice when you get an invader who wants to trade hats and have a duel but more often than not it's not heading that way. Be ready, the darks souls world can be a rough place. Karma has a way there.

Never received hates mail or kids mail yet. Send it if you must, but I keep the message notification off cause we watch Netflix and I really don't like seeing the so&so is online/offline message top right. in game messages are pretty much ignored.
    Never bothers me, suggest you rise above and don't give them a button to push.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:01 pm

You can turn those settings off? I'm there.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:15 pm

There are A-holes at every level of pvp. Some nights are great. Other nights all I seem to get are those hotshots who do nothing but spam their 18 stacks of wog then when they run out they sit there and block all day because they don't know what to do. Then there's the people who send hate mail even when they win.

I could go on all day. Sometimes I run into so much **** in one night I just wanna quit and find a new game.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:25 pm

johnnyjwa wrote:There are A-holes at every level of pvp. Some nights are great. Other nights all I seem to get are those hotshots who do nothing but spam their 18 stacks of wog then when they run out they sit there and block all day because they don't know what to do. Then there's the people who send hate mail even when they win.

I could go on all day. Sometimes I run into so much **** in one night I just wanna quit and find a new game.

Yup, this sounds about right.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Last night I got summoned by a bunch a drunken knights and bandits. Kept falling off cliffs and dieing, they did. Makes me wanna play.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 pm