Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Spurgun
Back Lot Basher
jsw515
7 posters

elemental weapons still better than divine/magic?

jsw515
    jsw515

elemental weapons still better than divine/magic? Empty elemental weapons still better than divine/magic?

Post by jsw515 Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:05 pm

so i've made a faith build with 40 faith and only 12 str and 14 dex, and im trying to figure out what path i should use. looking at divine vs occult on mugen it seems that divine gives me a higher magic dmg, so to maximize the split dmg i think i would go with that. however, the total AR is still about the same as lightning or fire, so wouldn't lightning or fire be better because people tend to have high magic resist and lower fire and lightning?
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

elemental weapons still better than divine/magic? Empty Re: elemental weapons still better than divine/magic?

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Keep in mind that the Intelligence builds also have access to the Moonlight greatsword, which is pure magic damage (no physical). It only breaks one layer of defense, so this makes it superior to any elemental weapon.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

elemental weapons still better than divine/magic? Empty Re: elemental weapons still better than divine/magic?

Post by Spurgun Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:15 pm

He's talking about fth builds, not int builds.

With the nerf that the ele weapons have gotten, i would use either a occult or a divine weapon (doesn't really matter which one). And IIRC most builds actually have higher fire/lightning resists than against magic.
    But i would also keep a +15 weapon that i can buff (preferably a fast weapon, like a rapier, curved sword, mace etc).
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:31 am

i wa also curious about this actually. A similar question If i make a build with 40 Faith and 40 Dex and a dex weapon (schythe) is +15 or occult/devine the better choice ?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 am

+15 is always better if you have enough (most of the time this means 40) dex/str.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:13 am

Spurgun wrote:+15 is always better if you have enough (most of the time this means 40) dex/str.
    Plus a buff.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 am

The buff is just over the top silly
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:46 am

I find that agains most oponents my Lightnigng uchi fully upgraded does a bit more damage than my +15 uchi.....

Even with a buff the +15 uchi stays with few more damage output.... (unless you are talking about magic weapon buff, darkmoon blade etc., in this case the difference is huge).
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:27 pm

How much dex do you have?

And we were talking about SLB/GMW/DMB.
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Spurgun wrote:How much dex do you have?

And we were talking about SLB/GMW/DMB.

Sorry i thought i put it there. 40 Dex.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 pm

probably against heavily armored opponents right? guys in giants and havels armor? those armor sets are a katana's bane but they have mediocre lightning defense hence the results you're getting.
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:probably against heavily armored opponents right? guys in giants and havels armor? those armor sets are a katana's bane but they have mediocre lightning defense hence the results you're getting.

Mostly havels yes. Not many giants sets seen by me.

But i guess you are right but the question was wich made more damage so in a general way i believe that against random enemies the lightning will get the upper hand, a small upper hand (very).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm