Very confused about weapon scaling

Jaraux

Very confused about weapon scaling

Post by Jaraux on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:50 am

I use the lifehunt scythe on my character which I think scales with both dex and str but a higher grade with dex. So it says on the screen that it does 233 damage so I put a few points into dexterity and it still says 233? I assume that it is still scaling but it's not showing up but i'm not sure.
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Very confused about weapon scaling

Post by Rarayn on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 am

What's your Dexterity? Stat scaling generally experience diminishing returns after 40, to a point where levelling the stat barely does anything to the attack rating.

Last edited by Rarayn on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 am

Which numbers are you looking at? The base damage of the weapon won't change unless you upgrade the weapon directly. To the right of the base damage should be + a number. That's the number added by your scaling.

^There's that to consider also. It corresponds to how the weapon scales also. For example if you have a weapon with a lower scaling, like C - E, you'll see less of a scaling increase with each level. Obviously that works in the opposite way for higher scaling grades.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage

Jaraux

Post by Jaraux on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:57 am

I only have about 27 dexterity and moved it to 30. I'm just looking at the item when i open my inventory.
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:02 am

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. It sounds like you're looking at the base damage though. In which case that number wouldn't be changing unless you're upgrading the weapon. Open your stat screen, like open your inventory and hit, well it's square on PS3, I'm not sure what platform you're playing on, but you want the stat load out for the weapon. The page that shows you all the weapon's statistics. In that page you'll see the numbers I was talking about. It'll have base damage on the left, then show you a separate number to the right of it with a + or -. If it's a plus then that's the number that you're gaining as an increase due to your stats scaling. You only get the minus there if you don't meet a prerequisite stat required to wield the weapon.

And yeah I just looked up the Lifehunt Scythe. It has B grade Dex scaling, so you should be seeing some decent scaling growth at 30 Dex. In other words you're not making mistakes in how you're leveling or upgrading. I'm pretty sure you're just looking at the wrong number. It's a complicated system. I did a couple full playthroughs before I really got a complete grasp on it.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:09 am

When you are looking at your weapon in your inventory you have to switch screens (square for PS3) to view the scaling, which will be shown as 233 + (scaling).
    You can also view the total AR on the status screen.

Jaraux

Post by Jaraux on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:00 am

Awesome, i've got it now. Sorry if i was a bit vague on my first post. Thanks for all you help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:53 pm