Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Automancer
Shakie666
6 posters

Thought this was an interesting spell idea...

Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Thought this was an interesting spell idea... Empty Thought this was an interesting spell idea...

Post by Shakie666 Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Here's a spell I just invented, wondered what everyone else thought of it:

Dark Magic Weapon: Requires 40 int, 2 casts, adds 1.5* mag adjust to your weapon as physical damage (I know the other dark magic spells do magic damage, but the descriptions say they do physical so this one does physical instead). Also receives a multiplier from using the Manus catalyst (same as other dark spells, so it'll be more powerful with Manus than TCC).

I just thought this'd be a cool idea for a buff: since it adds physical damage, then buffing a weapon that also does only physical damage means there's no split damage like there is with normal buffs. This'd make it more powerful than the other buffs to the point it might actually be worth using...
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Thought this was an interesting spell idea... Empty Re: Thought this was an interesting spell idea...

Post by Automancer Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:52 pm

I like it. So i'm guessing the physicals will stack?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Thought this was an interesting spell idea... Empty Re: Thought this was an interesting spell idea...

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Sounds a little on the OP side. People complain enough about CMW, SLB, and DMB as it is.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Sounds really broken. Buffs are already worth using, quite a bit.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Well, I don't know about you, but whenever I use a buff, the enemy immediately runs away until the buff runs out. I might get in a single hit, two if i'm lucky. Here, the solitary buffed hit you manage to land will actually do decent damage.

Although, it does seem a tad OP. Its supposed to be powerful though (for the reason mentioned above), so I don't want to lower the damage it does. Maybe make it so it uses 2 att slots? Or make it so that you can't have this & pursuers equipped at the same time.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:22 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Sounds a little on the OP side. People complain enough about CMW, SLB, and DMB as it is.
    shakie666 wrote:Well, I don't know about you, but whenever I use a buff, the enemy immediately runs away until the buff runs out.

Why do these things not happen to me? I buff all the time, and no one runs or complains.

Also, didos on the dark weapon being too OP.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Well, if you insist it really is OP (though given my earlier comment about people running away, i'm still not 100% convinced it is) how about this: make it so that if you use this, you can't use any other spells AT ALL. And also make it so you can only have one lot of this attuned at a time. That wasy, you'd have to choose between having a good weapon or the ability to launch dark beads everywhere.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:04 pm

just make is damage the wielder every hit. like 50 damage per hit making it something you don't want to use on a fast weapon. thus the big werapons get a boost against the dex weapons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm