Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Onion Knight
ublug
BIG TIME MASTER
skarekrow13
Nybbles
PlasticandRage
Back Lot Basher
11 posters

Thanks for nothin', Paladin Leeroy!

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Thanks for nothin', Paladin Leeroy! Empty Thanks for nothin', Paladin Leeroy!

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Well, this is a first. I summoned PL to go with me into Pinwheel's lair. I jumped down to the first ledge, and was using some arrows on the bonewheels. Noticed him wandering up toward the far end of the cavern. By the time got there, he was gone. I waited a bit, but he didn't show. Went through the fog. Waited some more. Nothing. Ended up fighting pinwheel alone (which wasn't really a big deal). Anyone have him decide to just wander off instead of following you in?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Thanks for nothin', Paladin Leeroy! Empty Re: Thanks for nothin', Paladin Leeroy!

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Out of all the summonable NPCs, I've definitely noticed Leeroy seems like he's the least inclined to help out. Usually for me he wanders in the other direction though, regardless of what's going on in front of him. I've actually been invaded down in that canyon before and been fighting the phantom pretty much right in front of him and he just walked in the other direction to wait for me at the fog gate. Leeroy's a cold bastard.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Thanks for nothin', Paladin Leeroy! Empty Re: Thanks for nothin', Paladin Leeroy!

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:43 pm

I've seen him become all passive like that during the boss fight. Pinwheels everywhere, including right next to him, and he just stares at me like Rain Man or something. I'm not sure if he's cold, or just mentally challenged.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:49 pm

summoning Beatrice for the 4 Kings is worse … most of the time Leeroy goes hunting bonewheels, which is fine by me, i dislike those things more than i do Pinwheel.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Maybe Leeroy's just been hit in the head one too many times. It says in the description of his equipment he was sent to Lordran at least 100 years, if memory serves, before the Chosen Undead. That's a lot of knocks to the noggin.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 pm

I've only summoned Leeroy once just to see what the fight with Pinwheel would look like with him and me with all my fully upgraded gear (with lemon buff on my scythe). I had cleared out everything before so he behaved well and went right for Pinwheel. Poor fella never got a chance to spawn a friend.

Kinda felt like a hate crime
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Since we're on the topic, I recall Solaire being a tad useless, especially during the Gaping Dragon fight. Honestly, the only one worth a salt, IMO, is Mildred. She get's her chunkybutt right in there where it gets nasty!
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:Since we're on the topic, I recall Solaire being a tad useless, especially during the Gaping Dragon fight. Honestly, the only one worth a salt, IMO, is Mildred. She get's her chunkybutt right in there where it gets nasty!

no … because TAAAAAARKUS!
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:Since we're on the topic, I recall Solaire being a tad useless, especially during the Gaping Dragon fight. Honestly, the only one worth a salt, IMO, is Mildred. She get's her chunkybutt right in there where it gets nasty!

no … because TAAAAAARKUS!

Mmmm, indeed. I'll give you that one even if he's not quite as stylin' as Mildred.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Leeroy always takes care of the bonewheel jerks for me, and sometimes he takes on the black knight too. That is the real boss fight there. It is also nice that he heals.

I dont think he is a dummy, I think sometimes he just gets winded from swinging that giant club around.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Leeroy always takes care of the bonewheel jerks for me, and sometimes he takes on the black knight too. That is the real boss fight there. It is also nice that he heals.

I dont think he is a dummy, I think sometimes he just gets winded from swinging that giant club around.

Does he actually heal? Because you can't heal NPC summons the way you can other summons, I've tried to see if he actually regains health from the Sanctus before, and I can't tell if he does or not. It's such a small amount of health anyway, and the only time I tried I got impatient with it and just left.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 pm

He uses the miracle "heal" when he gets below half health. In that way, he has defeated the Black Knight for me before, and then was ready for Pinwheel with 3/4's health. He also uses WOG.

Since I discovered his summonability, I always summon him. I feel like I am really getting over on the bonewheel arena. I used to hate dashing through that place with a low vitality character.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:51 pm

I've seen him use WoG, I've seen him use force too, I don't think I've ever had him heal for me though. Which I guess is a testament to his strength that in all the times I've summoned him I've never seen him get below half health.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:57 pm

He is a strong MFer, as are most of the NPC's in DKS.

I just realized, I really admire most of the NPCs in DKS. I can think of few games otherwise that I wasn't turned off by the characters. I think it is because, in DKS, they all fit well within the context, they don't use modern phrases or portray modern methods of thought. They "stay true to character". As I said before, as well, they are all really strong!
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 pm

He's great when he comes with me. Pretty much one-shots Pinwheel. But like some of you said, his big benefit is getting the bonewheels out of the way.

I wonder if he might have stayed with me longer if I had jumped down at the same time. With me on the ledge, and him on the ground level, I wonder if his AI behaviour goes screwy. Maybe he was looking for me?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:09 pm

He has disappeared for me as well, found him in the room above the black knight, stuck walking toward the coffin between the two pitfalls.

I often summon him on low level suicide runs, so I've learned some tricks with his movement patterns. You have to stay on the top level where you summon him for these to work properly.
    - Summon him and then go stand directly above the ledge with the priest set, and he will jump down to the ground level. After killing the nearby skeletons he will head toward the boss.
    - If you move over to the corpse with the soul (stand by its head), he will turn and walk toward the entrance on the other side. I guess his AI is trying to reach your position by heading up through the level.
    - Move back and forth between these two locations and you can control his direction, kind of like a R/C car. tongue
    - If he dies, just quit/reload and you can summon him again.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:21 pm

ublug wrote:He has disappeared for me as well, found him in the room above the black knight, stuck walking toward the coffin between the two pitfalls.

I often summon him on low level suicide runs, so I've learned some tricks with his movement patterns. You have to stay on the top level where you summon him for these to work properly.
    - Summon him and then go stand directly above the ledge with the priest set, and he will jump down to the ground level. After killing the nearby skeletons he will head toward the boss.
    - If you move over to the corpse with the soul (stand by its head), he will turn and walk toward the entrance on the other side. I guess his AI is trying to reach your position by heading up through the level.
    - Move back and forth between these two locations and you can control his direction, kind of like a R/C car. tongue
    - If he dies, just quit/reload and you can summon him again.

Good stuff. I'll keep that in mind next time he goes on a walkabout.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:27 pm

That is really helpful ublug. And also pretty crazy that you were able to figure all that out.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Leeroy never sticks to the plan!
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:29 am

Onion Knight wrote:Leeroy never sticks to the plan!

Someone beat me too it. I was going to touch on that. Maybe he is programed that way. But would be much more funny if he ran TOWARDS pinwheel and started the fight without you or better yet entered the fog gate and pulled you into the fight. Oh i wish they would've done that. (I never played WOW, but this reference was hard to miss)

More on topic. My summoning experiences are never consistent. Sometimes sunbro is a beast! Other times he will try and throw spears at melee range. Laurtric(sp) is usually pretty consistent. He's never amazing, but he keeps up the damage output even though he dies fairly quick. He's good for tanking the agro usually. I justwish we could take tarkus with us through the game. We all agree he is the best.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 am

To be honest, I'd rather Leeroy help me with Nito than Pinwheel. I've never had any issues with Pinwheel and Leeroy is so far into the level that by the time I meet him, I have no need to go back.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Nito is not all that tough to beat, as long as you stay in the first half of the arena and kill the skeletons with a divine weapon. He is rather slow with his attacks and recovery. I don't know who you can summon for him, but leeroy invades you right before you reach Nito. Also, doesn't patches describe solaire as a "very strong idiot"? It makes some sense.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks for nothin', Paladin Leeroy! The_catacombs_by_menaslg-d4v5ay5

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:03 am