[ 7 ]
    32% [32%] 

Total Votes: 22

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: Changes toward Dark souls

Post by Nybbles on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:41 pm

i often equate balance to sameness, i find it boring. there should be different tiers of weapons in my opinion, it is a role playing game after all, not a fighting game. if they really wanted to improve the game, i would rather see more weapons with a greater variety of more interesting and better move sets than have them all perform equally well. besides, not everyone agrees on what is and is not overpowered or underpowered anyway. a good example is spears, there's actually a thread on it where some say spears are op and others say they are weak sauce. how can you balance that?

edit: also firearms have been around since about the 13th century, they fit the time period just fine (whatever time period the souls game are supposed to represent?) i think the bugbear with firearms is that it's a fantasy game, but hello fantasy! do whatever you want! give me a steam punk version of a souls game! give me a stone age version of a souls game! just give me another souls game!

suvorovsorprana

Post by suvorovsorprana on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:15 am

thank you fruitpunchninja for understanding my idea of flintlock guns, i dont think it will even kill the game even a bit, but even boost it, but it seems people just dont want change it, and i dont get people like to say about its medieval look,dark souls look nothing medievaish while demon souls seems to be .

and no one commented about the parry idea yet

and please no weapon tier, everyone will just use the highest one in pvp, the game made a good balance in making normal weapon comparable to boss weapons

and also to From, please please please make a "dragon" spear, from cutting a dragon tail, not the dragonslayer spear,

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Oooh yeah^. Kalameet's tail should've been a spear.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:21 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Revoltage wrote:I understand the point you're making with dex being tied to casting speed. I don't like that as well and I feel that casting speed should be relegated to a more appropriate stat such as attunement.
    I agree. I think it's strange that from did this.

I think I finally figured out why this is the way it is. Dexterity is skill, hand to eye coordination, or...

Wikipedia wrote:In relation to motor skills of hands and fingers, the term dexterity is commonly used... Fine motor skills are the small movements that occur in the hands, wrists, fingers, feet, toes, lips and tongue.

You would probably need this for slicing someone with a curved sword, or casting a soul arrow.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:
    Revoltage wrote:I understand the point you're making with dex being tied to casting speed. I don't like that as well and I feel that casting speed should be relegated to a more appropriate stat such as attunement.
    I agree. I think it's strange that from did this.

I think I finally figured out why this is the way it is. Dexterity is skill, hand to eye coordination, or...

Wikipedia wrote:In relation to motor skills of hands and fingers, the term dexterity is commonly used... Fine motor skills are the small movements that occur in the hands, wrists, fingers, feet, toes, lips and tongue.

You would probably need this for slicing someone with a curved sword, or casting a soul arrow.

with the way dark souls magic seems to work, some dude with palsy could waggle a catalyst around just as well.
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Nybbles wrote:with the way dark souls magic seems to work, some dude with palsy could waggle a catalyst around just as well.

This is what breaks my logic?! lol! Can't hink of a good rebuttle because I'm still laughing.

Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:10 pm

tinypantha wrote:Did i just read that Dex weapons are O.P? Go look at who uses them first. Now tell me that a Rapier is O.P against a 2h zweihander or in that matter a good claymore user. Now Before the patch a person could turtle to where it was too much. Also before the patch the claymore was one of the only weapons you couldnt break a stunlock with rolling (You could toggle out).

Now after the patch I have found it difficult the roll out of any weapon stunlock no matter what weapon it is (Zwei,Clay, BKS, BKG). Turtling with Rapiers take up more stamina and etc. Now imo Heavy weapons if you get hit once without or with low poise you are screwed so that ruins "TruDex".

Now to finish this un-organized Rant.

TL;DR Dex weapons do low damage with high DPS more so than heavy, The Gold Tracer is O.P, Heavy weapon are 1 "hit" kills to low poise builds; Now consider this and tell me Dex is O.P again

since patch 1.06 great swords cant stunlock. they slowed them down so now there is enough time to block the second swing however if you try to dodge some of the great swords can still catch you but only the long ones like the claymore, great lord, & artorias ones.

Ultra great swords can still stunlock the poop out of you though.

I dont know if they made it harder to toggle escape or not but not many people are doing it against my ultra G,swords that I've noticed.

Dex is'nt OP in my opinion and neither is STR

Dex

1. more weapon selections

2. low dmg/high dmg per a sec.

3. two forms of casting benifit greatly from high dex (pyro, magic)

STR

1. Stunlocking

2.high dmg/low dmg per sec.

3. Stat maxing a person can achieve max dmg with str eaiser by two handing to gain the benifit of 1.5 there actual stat.

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.

suvorovsorprana

Post by suvorovsorprana on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 am

and i should add the demon souls old monk, a (pvp) boss, was it good?? i never had demon souls, so i cant say it was good or bad

and indeed, they did nerfed the greatsword's speed

and wheres the sorcery convenant, one thing i hate about using faith is that powerful ones dmb, sunlight spear(i consider it fun lol) requires a specific covenant blah! and great gravelord sword dance has damage influence by it. while sorcery has no problem at all :/ and it seems there are a lot more catalyst than talisman, but its debatable the more catalyst the better lol

they should make a zweilhander greatsword version(historically), but without cancelling the ultra greatsword version

i guess this post isnt that popular either, i have bad ideas(high possibility lol) or people just dont want a lot of change, they get used to stuff already and accepted it.

OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:14 am

I think a big issue with a lot of the changes people want for balancing PvP is the impact they'll have on PvE.
    Most changes people want to make tend to be nerfing things they killed by a lot(Backstabs,parries,dark magic) which i agree would make PvP more competitive but can you imagine the frustration of having to get perfect parry timings in PvE or risk getting smushed for extra damage or constantly missing backstabs because of the hitbox being so precise.

I enjoy PvP and have a couple of toons dedicated purely for it but the souls games are not designed for balanced competition in the same way fighting games are. They're RPGs and I would not want PvE to suffer through orientating the game in a way to make PvP a fair competition.

On a side note: No guns, please no guns, for the love of God no guns

suvorovsorprana

Post by suvorovsorprana on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:53 am

okay okay, guns are just personal opinion, and its just one of the ideas, over reacting too much?

idk, parrying in pve is way easier than pvp, once is prediction base on experience and situation(pvp mostly) and other is visual(pve)

the backstab cant be solve with just the hitbox being precise, there will still problems like roll bs, possible i think, a way to solve it is that the one get bs can get out of it, but i still dont think it will solve it, it makes it unfair to the one trying to bs

and heavens! wheres the extra content for miracle!?!? sad

suvorovsorprana

Post by suvorovsorprana on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:00 am

and in the parry part, getting extra damage should only happen when you completely miss the parry, it shouldnt add with the successive but not perfect parry that deals a bit of dmg to yourself
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:05 am

I just think guns in fantasy games are gimmicky and souls games don't need no gimmicks son!

Parrying in PvE is based on mostly on experience, being familiar with timings and practice. There's no lag so the visuals a more helpful cue than in PvP but if you're parrying purely based on the visual in PvE against attcks you haven't experienced then you must the reflexes of a genetically modified ninja tiger

I think the counter idea is a good one, only being able to pull of a backstab if your opponent is in an attack/item use/casting animation. Maybe just PvP. It could be interesting in PvE as well, especially if the only other way to score a backstab if the enemy is unaware making stealthy play more intersting/viable/awesome8)

Ikr, more miracles would have been awesome. Not sure how they would have been brought in from a lore perspective but that's because I lack imagination lol!
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 pm

suvorovsorprana wrote:oh make firearms!! matchlock and flintlock guns ftw!1!

THIS! OH GOD THIS!

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988

suvorovsorprana

Post by suvorovsorprana on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:23 am

one thing i would also like to see its civilization in this game, gee anor londo is completely empty(abandoned anor londo duh) all other cities and places are destroyed, gee, at least make one place where there is people living and stuff

i know this will counter the lonely theme of it, but i think it can add to it, like a town there is civilization, but you have to go out there alone in the grim world to complete the story
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:38 pm

suvorovsorprana wrote:Wheres the sorcery convenant, one thing i hate about using faith is that powerful ones dmb, sunlight spear(i consider it fun lol) requires a specific covenant blah! and great gravelord sword dance has damage influence by it. while sorcery has no problem at all :/ and it seems there are a lot more catalyst than talisman, but its debatable the more catalyst the better lol

I think that's a good idea. They should add sorcery covenets to make the game more balanced. They should also add a talisman that halfs miracle castings.

suvorovsorprana wrote:one thing i would also like to see its civilization in this game, gee anor londo is completely empty(abandoned anor londo duh) all other cities and places are destroyed, gee, at least make one place where there is people living and stuff

i know this will counter the lonely theme of it, but i think it can add to it, like a town there is civilization, but you have to go out there alone in the grim world to complete the story

I think this would ruin part of the theme of the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:34 am