Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
0 Dex 0
Automancer
Lord of Ash
Carphil
DMC
Nybbles
Hatsune Miku
Back Lot Basher
Walter_White
13 posters

How do you build up a new char (without BB-Glitch)

Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How do you build up a new char (without BB-Glitch) Empty How do you build up a new char (without BB-Glitch)

Post by Walter_White Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi,

i never glitched (because i startet with PC Version and bought the PS3 PTD Edition later) so i learned how to get good stuff for new chars ASAP to be prepared for the trolls in burg and parish.

Here is what i usually do:

1. Cleric or Pyro (because much points on low SL)
    2. Master Key
    3. Spending souls after tutorial to 10/10/14 str/dex/faith for Astoras Sword
    4. get the firekeeper soul from NLR (suicide run - haven't managed to get back without transcient curse)
    5. get all items from the graveyard (in most cases i survive that)
    6. get Sword and Shield from the undead Dragon in VoD (easy to survive - just roll back and run)
    7. get a bow and arrows from the undead merchant in burg (for the sniper in Blighttown)
    8. get twinkling in burg
    9. kill havel, get the ring
    10. get twinkling from Darkroot Basin
    11. upgrade Astoras sword at parish
    12. get firekeeper soul from parish, kill Lautrec for the RoFaP, activate lift to Firelink shrine
    13. get firekeeper soul from Blighttown

Next goal is Queelags Fury Sword for O&S (yeah its cheap for Anor Londo....but works perfect on low lvl chars) - in most cases i start at this point with killing Bosses to get ASAP to Anor Londo (1st and 2nd bell), or have some fun in the wood.

Anything i can do better?

What are you doing if you build up a new char?

cu walter
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How do you build up a new char (without BB-Glitch) Empty Re: How do you build up a new char (without BB-Glitch)

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Sounds good to me. Anything that can be looted in the nearby area is gold, and you're right about getting all the firekeeper souls. The only thing I might add is to either farm the Ents for the purple blossom, or spend 3 or 4 grand on them. I say this, because no matter how many times I go after the Blighttown FKS, I always get toxified by those A-holes. Just this morning, my lock on went to one of the red dogs, and the next thing I know I'm surrounded by three of them, with maybe 1/5 health, and I'm toxic. You can guess how that ended.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

How do you build up a new char (without BB-Glitch) Empty Re: How do you build up a new char (without BB-Glitch)

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:09 pm

I'd like to share something about how I get the Washing Pole early on before ringing the second bell. As well as getting the next normal titanite uprgrade flame before that as well.

But I'm feeling pretty lazy right now, to explain all of that.

But I will say, I do everything that was mentioned in the OP, maybe even earlier.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 pm

first thing i do is level up enough to use the Gravelord Greatsword two handed and clean out the graveyard (the home bones are needed). i then head into the Catacombs and make a run for the covenant, then beat the titanite Demon and home bone out.

next i head to the Firekeeper Soul in New Londo Ruins, you can home bone out from here without dying as well. i can do this at any time really.

then head over to the Valley of Drakes, kill the undead dragon, nab the sword and shield and finish up with a loot run to get the red tearstone ring. if i'm feeling brave i'll take on the black knight and grab the Grass Crest Shield as well, from there i can go on up to Andre, kill the titanite Demon for a +2 Gravelord Greatsword.

after that, it's backwards through the Lower Burg to unlock the merchant so i can purchase a dung pie and prism stone. trade those with snuggly for a +3 Gravelord Greatsword. of course i grab the Firekeeper Soul in the Parish on my way as well.

i also like to make a run for Ash Lake, cleaning out the Blightown Swamp and Great Hollow along the way, so i can get the Dragon Head Stone. if i left straight from Firelink, it's an easy home bone back from here.

i then finish cleaning out New Londo Ruins, the dragon head works great on ghosts and if i'm lucky i'll get both ghost weapons as well.

all this before beating a single boss and in less than an hour if i don't die too frequently while i'm looting. i can do it with any starting class without leveling up very much at all (usually SL12 or less). if i don't start with the master key, all i have to do is beat the Taurus Demon to continue with a loot run to do essentially all the same things.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:33 am

^ That's actually pretty awesome twisted
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 pm

DMC wrote:^ That's actually pretty awesome twisted

i forgot to add that after you clean out the ruins, you could also kill Ingward, lower the water and nab the ember there as well. that plus the one in the depths makes for an easy +11 or higher weapon (depending on luck) and the only boss that needs to be defeated is the Capra. i don't do this very often because dark wraiths are a b*tch at low level.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Play normal PVE with master key until anor londo, beat Ornstein and Smough, stop at level 50, finish build equipment, kill Gwynevere, host dark anor londo until soul level 80/100/120/225...
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Or you can come to my shop and make a loan for items armor weapons etc. and pay it back as you progress through the game by delivering things to my customers or finding specific items for me
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:45 pm

In my case, it differs depending on what kind of build i make. Mine isn't as fancy as the others but it gets the job done. Here's what i did for my current build, Dex/Int. I started as a Thief.

I'll get everything from Firelink and the graveyard, make a suicide run to NLR for the FK soul.
    Rush through it all for the Parrying Dagger and the extra loot, make my way back Firelink.
    I'll buy arrows from the merchant, kill him for the Uchigatana.
    Get to the Valley, loot the Dragon Crest Shield, Astora's and the Soul of a Proud Knight, make a run to get my Grass Crest Shield, kick the halberd BK off the cliff, make a run to the top to get the longbow and kill the crystal lizard for some shards or chunks.
    Head to Havel, chain stab him for the ring, head to the Undead church, unlock the shortcut, grab the FK soul, grab the basement key, and head to the bridge.
    There'll, i'll farm at least 50k souls to level up and buy upgrades for the Uchi. I'll be around SL30 by then and make quick work of the Gargoyles. All in around an hour.
    0 Dex 0
    0 Dex 0

Post by 0 Dex 0 Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Gotta say this topic is very helpful and I have it bookmarked. I just started my second character after reaching 121ng+ and almost thru the new content with my first character. I wouldn't have even thought about some of these easy to grab items until playing through and naturally coming to them. I'm going Dex/faith for this one and plan on running down to get the gravelord sword soon. Astoras sword will get me there.

Anyway I wanted to bump this because it's helpful to those starting new characters.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:Or you can come to my shop and make a loan for items armor weapons etc. and pay it back as you progress through the game by delivering things to my customers or finding specific items for me

And if you don't pay Assassin's are sent out 2 at a time that spawn with real red invaders.?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Personally, I do it low level. I never grab the Gravelord Sword, Astora or Drake Sword, I don't do suicide runs.

I find doing these things makes the levels more of a grind than an interesting experience. Same with over levelling, but over gearing is worse. This is how I keep a fun time throughout the game.

Is this for gearing up a character for PvP?
    Zelgadas

Post by Zelgadas Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:29 pm

i usually start off by getting the dragon crest sheild and astoria's stright sword then i farm souls at the first BF at the Burg till i get enough to put enough points into faith to use light spear and greater lightning spear, but i just recently changed my perfered method to grabing the gravelord sword first i farm souls to be able to one hand it then i go kill pinwheel for rite of kindling so i can run around with 20 flasks grab the grass crest sheild grab the elite knights gear and the wolfs ring, i never thought about grabbing the FKS from NLR ima have to do that on my new character im working on now, i can say though that i did screw myself on my last one i was doing great had all the gear i wanted for my build before hitting sl 50 nearly fully upgraded black knights halberd havels armor i went to tomb of the gaints to get the gold covetous serpent ring got it thought i was doing good half way back up from getting it i realized i didnt flip the bridges cause i used the shortcut and i hadnt bet O&S yet so my guy was stuck in the Tombs no way to do anything i had to delete and start over was so angry at myself lol
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Edit: Wait... I interpreted the topic as just "building" a new PvP character! But I guess you meant "build up" a character for PvE? Well... I could re-write my post, but there's good advice in here already (click the image in my sig to see why I'm a fan of getting the Gravelord Sword! silly) so just consider my post PvP-oriented. Un-edited original post follows:

Sounds like your plan is too specific. For instance, you wouldn't want to do those exact steps if you're planning on making a pure Mage caster build!

My steps, basically:

1. Mugenmonkey! - Plan out your ideal setup and exact stats, pick the optimal starting class.

2. Yeah, Master Key.

3. From here on, there isn't much of a plan. I just speed run the game, killing mostly only bosses, because I find that's the quickest way to level up. You can end up at SL70+ easily in a few hours just by going through bosses. Once you get really good at the game, you don't need a plan to beat it anyways--you can beat it easily and quickly with whatever!

4. Before beating Gwyn, go around all the areas and get all the gear you want for your build.

5. Beat Gwyn, go through NG+ bosses to reach your desired level.

*Pay special attention to get all the spells if you're making a caster. Otherwise, you can just rush through the game.

So basically: 1. Level up quickly, 2. Get gear, 3. Finish leveling up (for casters: 4. Go through consecutive NG+s to get more spells). Depending on the complexity of the build, back when the PvP level was 120, it used to take me anywhere between 5 hours (toon that didn't require equipment, only stats) to 15 hours (Mage, needs to go through multiple NG+s to get spells multiple times).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 am