Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Buggy Virus
BrotherBob
AnastaciaAstora
Automancer
Hylian
SillentShadow
10 posters

What the hell Burg...

SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

What the hell Burg... Empty What the hell Burg...

Post by SillentShadow Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Been all day in the Burg, not even in a Duel (Where the host sumoned me) i could do a simple, fair one on one match....

I bow i take arrows and BS, i got bsbsbsbsbsbsbsbs (my net is very laggy i take a lot of bs if the host is a fisher), host continuously healing.... Very sad day for DS today i guess...

Is this becoming more frequent??

(I am not talking about forced invasions with blue or red orbs, i am talking about using the soapstones)
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

What the hell Burg... Empty Re: What the hell Burg...

Post by Hylian Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:54 pm

too many kids playing this game lol
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Cant just be that................................................................

Its way too many players.. Might have been unlucky thought
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:05 pm

I tried PvP in the Burg just 2 hours ago and it was damn laggy. I won 1 out of 4 because the first guy keep flipping and spamming R1. The others just bsed me all the way.
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AnastaciaAstora Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Just a bad day. I had one of those, and I thought that was what PVP was on this game, so I played offline for a long time - til one day I had another go, and somehow everyone seemed to have learned some kind of unspoken etiquette. I think it doesn't help that burg and parish are where the twinks hide out looking for easy kills because they have no imagination.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Yeah, the past 3 days, I've mostly been invading at the Kiln. Sure, people can argue that you'll seldom get an honorable duel via invading. Well, previously (pre-patch) about 70% of my invasions were honorable duels. After the patch, about 20% of my invasions are honorable duels at the Kiln. Today and yesterday, almost all of my invasions went like this:

I spawn in. The host is waiting there with a catalyst. Before I can even react, a barrage of Dark Bead and Pursuers come rushing at me. I've gotten so used to this that I've changed up my class to have a Stone Greatshield equipped and I now hold the Left Trigger as I spawn to put up a guard against those spells.
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:37 pm

BrotherBob wrote:Yeah, the past 3 days, I've mostly been invading at the Kiln. Sure, people can argue that you'll seldom get an honorable duel via invading. Well, previously (pre-patch) about 70% of my invasions were honorable duels. After the patch, about 20% of my invasions are honorable duels at the Kiln. Today and yesterday, almost all of my invasions went like this:

I feel this a lot... The last update and especially the realease of PTDE on the consoles (which is my case) made this game diferent (for me, worst) but i guess is just a matter of time before people will adjust.

As for me BS is a ***** because of my ultra laggy net.

In one of the few fights i won, the final blow only counted 2 or 3 seconds after i gave it. i was allready preparing another attack....

Now try to evade or run from bs with that much lag. Its very funny the first 2 times but when you keep dying over and over................. Even when you allready facing your oponent and starting to strike, there goes magic teleport in your back.....:|
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:40 pm

@SilentShadow: Funny thing about BS-ing at the Kiln:
    This has happened twice now. I land a backstab, and as the animation begins, I fall through the floor. Some other members have proposed that it has to do with being on the varying altitudes of the landscape of the Kiln.

To address your first point, you're right about the PvP experience feeling different after the release of the DLC. I really don't know if this will change though. A lot of players have realized that the spells are really strong and can be exploited to win duels almost without any possibility of failure (i.e. by attacking invaders right as they spawn). Once people find something that is "effective" they seldom let it go.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 pm

I mean, stoicism kind of works well.
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Hylian wrote:too many kids playing this game lol

This..... isnt this game rated Mature. Where the F#(K are their parents. I really feel kids are mainly to blame for the BS fishing , it is such a weak way to play PVP.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 am

Abiathar82 wrote:
    Hylian wrote:too many kids playing this game lol

This..... isnt this game rated Mature. Where the F#(K are their parents. I really feel kids are mainly to blame for the BS fishing , it is such a weak way to play PVP.

If you think kids playing Dark Souls is bad, look at Call of Duty.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:08 pm

SillentShadow wrote:Is this becoming more frequent??

(I am not talking about forced invasions with blue or red orbs, i am talking about using the soapstones)

Red Soapstone = Gank?

Yes. It's not just the burg. It's everywhere I put my sign. I don't care what they say, I get a higher percentage of ganks from the sign then from an orb.

Also the Kiln is a great place for honorable duals.
    somnam
    somnam
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somnam Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 pm

Honestly, I think the people who were housewives just swapped to dark magic, when you take steps to nullify it, they often break down into bs fishing and pyro spam. What was said before can be said said again: often enough, they're not very good.

The burg does seem to have changed, a lot of the people I encounter flask when they get close to losing, I've also encountered a number of players who will just run, run right out of whatever arena we're in to hide, heal, and drop what had been a decent duel into a pure invasion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 am