Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
skarekrow13
AnastaciaAstora
XachAttack
7 posters

I need help looking for a song. RESOLVED.

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I need help looking for a song. RESOLVED. Empty I need help looking for a song. RESOLVED.

Post by XachAttack Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:30 am

Hey guys, as the title says, I'm looking for a song for something I'm making.

The mood I'm trying to set is relief, the main character just got through a violent 10 year struggle and he can finally rest. I've been looking for a song that matches that for a while, but I just can't find one that really hits the spot, I'm very picky lol.

I'de prefer the main instrument to be a piano, there can be singing but no lyrics, like "Ahhh.." is acceptable. Also, it'd help if the song came from a video game or a movie, nothing from any unnoficial artists. It has to sound really calm too, nothing heavily orchestrated.

EDIT: It would also help if the song had a soft playing violin included. The song itself must be a bit quiet as well, he's thinking back on all he's done so it needs to be a calming moment I would think.

I look forward to what people will send me, I'll keep looking of course once I've posted this.

Last edited by XachAttack on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:26 am; edited 2 times in total
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

I need help looking for a song. RESOLVED. Empty Re: I need help looking for a song. RESOLVED.

Post by AnastaciaAstora Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 am

This is a favourite subject of mine. I'm going to go and have a rifle through my soundtracks for you, but bear in mind I only have FFX, X-2, VIII, IX, MSG4 and MGS3 :3
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

I need help looking for a song. RESOLVED. Empty Re: I need help looking for a song. RESOLVED.

Post by AnastaciaAstora Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 am

Alright, here we go. Here are my results:

1. From FFVII (I sought this out specially, I don't have this CD XD): Aeris' Theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqrg_1TkKT4

2. From FFX: To Zanarkand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwSFJ3a695o&feature=fvwrel

3. From FFX: The Road to Purgation (Via Purifico) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD-j4jBFt4w

4. From FFX: Auron's Theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyyqKg3wDbg (bit perkier than the others so far)

5. From FFX: Someday The Dream Will End https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xRCjjiTR7I&feature=related

6. From FFVIII: The Successor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP2VzsKT9j8 (a little bit game specific as it uses the sorceress theme, but if you can get past that it could work)

7. From FFVIII: Ami https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBBS4lhv7uI&feature=relmfu

And now for something a bit different and maybe a little less uplifting - because I don't know what your ending is like.

8. MGS4: Old Snake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k3n5me4Rns&feature=related

Am I on the right track anywhere?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 am

Ok, so this might be wildly unacceptable for what you want since you asked for something that cried out "relief." This song has that with the calmness and serenity of it but there were some other things you said that made me think of this song. Personally, after a long struggle there's bound to be some sadness despite the relief. This song captures a lot of emotions quite well. Another knock for your purposes, there's no piano but it is solely instrumental

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 am

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Actually, that fits pretty well skare, thanks alot.

Anastacia, thanks for your suggestions as well, the only one I found fitting was Aerith's theme. I'll have to do an hour long comparison between that and what Skare put up lol.

Sorry Onion, none of those fit what I'm looking for, but thanks for putting them up.

I really appreciate it guys, this helps alot.
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AnastaciaAstora Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Glad I could be of some help! I was sure I'd be able to find more than that, but when I opened up my soundtrack folder I was faced with a wall of stuff. :/
    It might be worth checking out the Distant Worlds FF CD, as well as any of the Piano Collections - they have a lot of stuff similar to Aeris' Theme. :3

Edit: Quick bit of trivia. Aeris is not meant to be spelled with a "th" - this is the spelling used in the Japanese game, but apparently it was only used because they don't have the same hard s that we have, making it a lot harder to pronounce in its homeland.
    Citation needed. Sun
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Sweet. Glad I could help.

AnastaciaAstora, the delicious subtlety of phonemes around the globe.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 pm

dont know if im too late but here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlDdzNuJto4&feature=relmfu
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:14 am

Not sure if I'm late either. But I hope this fits.

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:36 am

Neither of you are too late, I'm still open to suggestions, I probably should've said something lol.

Unfortunately, neither of those songs fit what I'm looking for. They're very nice though, so thank you for sharing.

For anyone else who has a suggestion, please post it! I'm still looking for a song and I have a bit more specifics which I'll add to my first post.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Atleast I tried.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahb7kQoLTTA
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:26 am

Well, I found the song I'm gonna use. Thanks for all your suggestions guys, I decided on this.

AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AnastaciaAstora Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:27 am

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!

Sooo... what's it for? Do we get to know as a prize for... erm, trying? Sun
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:20 pm

It's for when the main character can finally rest after his 10 year struggle to survive, he looks around his room when he enters his house and remembers alot of things that happened in the past. I can't describe it very well, but that's the gist of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 am