Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Steel Dragon74
lalliman
JJnaruto6x
7 posters

Help with my lighting dragon build

JJnaruto6x

Help with my lighting dragon build Empty Help with my lighting dragon build

Post by JJnaruto6x Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Of course my character will be dragon form the whole game. Please consider this when answering. Now the questions.

1. Is it better to bare hand or should i use a weapon even in dragon form? (have lighting claws in mind)

2.Will increase dex increase my bare hand attack speed?

3.Is poise solely dependent on armor?

4.I was thinking on focusing my stat points in vit, end, and res. Should i bother with any other stats?(besides faith for the lighting spears)

all input is welcome and thanks for the help.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Help with my lighting dragon build Empty Re: Help with my lighting dragon build

Post by lalliman Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm

I have no experience with the dragon form, so i can only be of limited use, but as far as i know dexterity never has effect on attack speed, only on casting speed, and poise is indeed dependent on armor, it doesn't increase with any stat.

And wait wait wait... resistance?? Why would you invest in resistance? All it does is increase your poison resistance!
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:16 am

No poise is not only dependant on armor the wolf ring gives you 40

Try this
    http://mmdks.com/8c9

Yes I know there is a lot of irony here, get over it the spear shoots lightning bolts
    The balder side sword is for those situations that the spear wont be as effective in and because its an awesome weapon

Hope it helps

Last edited by Steel Dragon74 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 am

there was a thread a while back about resistance and i believe resistance has some hidden benefits that only affect pve but not pvp, which might be good for dragons if pvp isn't your thing.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:06 am

Is this for PvE or PvP?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:02 am

Having a ton of END is probably going to be important, because you're going to have trouble taking hits. It's good to have a large pool of stamina to draw from for dodging, sprinting, and roaring. Personally I can't recommend the use of a great shield enough for a dragon build. Which means an investment in STR. Obviously you don't have to do this, but I use Havel's GS with mine and it's so effective you might as well just be wearing armor. Throw in a long range poking weapon combined with the roar buff and it can be pretty devastating. You can add power within to that combo also for even more devastation.

So to answer at least one of your questions directly, I would recommend a weapon as opposed to bare handing it. I'm also relatively certain that DEX doesn't increase your attack speed.

Also, if you're not aware of this already, the Lingering DC ring increases the duration of the roar buff, and can be really helpful
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:40 am

JJnaruto6x wrote:Of course my character will be dragon form the whole game. Please consider this when answering. Now the questions.

1. Is it better to bare hand or should i use a weapon even in dragon form? (have lighting claws in mind)

2.Will increase dex increase my bare hand attack speed?

3.Is poise solely dependent on armor?

4.I was thinking on focusing my stat points in vit, end, and res. Should i bother with any other stats?(besides faith for the lighting spears)

all input is welcome and thanks for the help.

I used to do a lot of Dark Souls PvP as Dragon...

Weapon, the dragon claws are terrible, and can't be upgraded (they have an AR of 400) DEX will not effect it at all. The only way to get poise with dragon is to use the Wolf Ring. Don't do RES, but high END is a must, and any melee dragon needs high VIT. Only increase RES a few points for poison res, because you will need enough to avoid a poison from a single hit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 am