Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
The Wandering Knight
DMC
Gazman0169
mugenis4real
Steel Dragon74
FruitPunchNinja
RANT
Onion Knight
Conrack
Back Lot Basher
SATLOS
PwnasauresRex
Seignar
Bcc17
passivefamiliar
19 posters

returning to boletaria. who's with me?

passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

returning to boletaria. who's with me? Empty returning to boletaria. who's with me?

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:39 pm

This dlc flickering is the death of this game for me. I'll be checking it plenty, i'd like to play it more. But it makes pvp (with spells) ridiculous. Even sword fights are lag ridden. So. I'm going back to the good old days. Easy summons. No poise. My prefered weapon system. I love the demon souls upgrade options. More difficult. But more choices. Ya. I'm going back to that for awhile. I hope shrine of storms is still the pvp area.

I hope this gets fixed. I was just getting into the dlc. I'll be playing it offline a bit, to see what i can see. But it's not the same as online. Fear of invasion. Fingers crossed on a fix.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

returning to boletaria. who's with me? Empty Re: returning to boletaria. who's with me?

Post by Bcc17 Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:08 pm

What console does the flickering happen on? I've played it on Xbox and PC and there have been 0 problems.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

returning to boletaria. who's with me? Empty Re: returning to boletaria. who's with me?

Post by Seignar Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 pm

PS3 has annoying flickering problems. I haven't seen how it affects PvE or PVP, but my guess is that it makes anything regarding Dark Magic a real burden to deal with. Those Dark Sorcerers are dangerous already...

...My dual-katanas are ready...
    PwnasauresRex
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PwnasauresRex Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:18 pm

The flickering affects all spells from what I can determine. The flickering is just highly annoying as well. It can also make those humanity sprites flicker as well....
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 am

Picked up my copy of DS today from a friend. Going to jump back in soon.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Seignar wrote:PS3 has annoying flickering problems.

So the PS3 really isn't the dominant system?

Haha, how the mighty have fallen.

EDIT: Realized it sounded like flaming, that's not how I meant it lol.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:37 pm

I play on both, and I would guess that the PS3 is still the more heavily populated. But I have certainly seen a huge increase in players since last year. Good news for all fans really, since if we've doubled the fanbase, then there will be even more impetus for another game down the road.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Bcc17 wrote:

Thats pretty rude considering that without Demon's souls for PS3 there would be no Dark Souls for Multiplatforms. That aside I actually believe this glitch is related to the way psn does network connections (as far as I can determine it only effects online players).

Rewording the response might fix that feeling of a flame, my inner fanboy had a spaz attack after reading that, hahahaha it's really funny how people arguing over consoles effect our perception. Besides I really dont mind what console people use.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:16 pm

That doesn't sound good. I quit ages ago, and Demon's Souls was my first destination too. Heh.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Conrack wrote:
    Bcc17 wrote:

Thats pretty rude considering that without Demon's souls for PS3 there would be no Dark Souls for Multiplatforms. That aside I actually believe this glitch is related to the way psn does network connections (as far as I can determine it only effects online players).

Rewording the response might fix that feeling of a flame, my inner fanboy had a spaz attack after reading that, hahahaha it's really funny how people arguing over consoles effect our perception. Besides I really dont mind what console people use.

I own two PS3s and two 360's so I'm not really too biased, I do prefer Xbox though. Don't get me wrong, Playstation has some fantastic games, DeS and MGS for example. I just wanted to take this opportunity to stab at all the people to insist that PS3 is the ultimate console.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:10 pm

I did not want my thread turning into a console war. Buttttt.....my 2 cents. Ps3 is better in the sense that its more, casual. I don't play enough different games to make the xbox live worth it to me. I subscribe to ps+ and am happy with all the free games i get. (Good and bad but all keep me from buying more throughout the year, i keep busy). As far as which is BETTER. Its a bloody tossup and anyone with a lick of sense knows that. Its all preference. Minor advantages and disadvantages. I hate people getting upset over it. I will argue for ps3, but only with someone who wants to discuss. Not rage.

More back on topic. I miss lordran. Boletaria is treating me well though.i check back daily for hope that the game is fixed. I left the dlc for some material farming and to get my weapons updated. Slab farming is starting to feel like pure bladestone farming. I doubt i'll continue. +14 is better then +10. Calling it good enough.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:40 pm

i havent played demon's in ages, id be down to playing demon's i dont wanna cap my guy so that might be a problem, i never made a high sl toon on demon's.
    @bcc not flaming, you sounded more like a fanboy in that statement more than anything.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 pm

I have actually been playing demons souls lately, i just had the urge to play through it again. I went to gamefaqs and apparently sl120ish pvp is completely dead, but sl40-60 is not horribly slow. I haven't had much luck with either.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

From what I have observed the glitch will make ALL partical effects flicker including spells, effects and even bonfire flames
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Has From announced any fix for the glitch in the near future?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 pm

lol, the second from acknowledges the bug it will be all over the forums.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:10 pm

^Damn. I cant properly experience the DLC with items flickering in and out of existence. sad
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 pm

yea i'm not very happy with fromsoft or bamco at the moment. we had to wait for DLC and now we can't even enjoy it after paying for it.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:14 am

I don't think it has anything to do with the DLC, but am more inclined to believe that it is a PSN issue, which means that a fix should be winging it's way to us with the next system update. Fingers X'd! big grin
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 am

Last weekend on the EU servers I had as much online play in DeS as I was having in DkS just before the DLC.Lots of co-op, invasions, whacky builds and and there was hours of PvP going on in 4-1 where I lost EVERY TIME lol

From messaging people on PSN it's clear the PvPers in 4-1 are all DeS veterans and the co-op dudes are guys who have finished Dark Souls and want a bit more of the same.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Well passivefamiliar you are in luck

I have not played DeS but today I bought a copy and am about to start
    I could do Co-op if your in

Also do you have any tips or things I should know
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 pm

If the flickering thing is bothersome in PvE, you could always disable the internet, it ceases to exist. Although flickering is inescapable for multiplayer.
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 pm

to quote biorr:
    ''boletariaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!''
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:59 am

Heh,I've returned to The Nexus since 2 weeks now.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:03 am

So other people are seeing the flickering too so I'm not crazy and my PS3 isn't broken well that's good news. Now From or Sony whoever is responsible for this needs to get working on a fix

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:09 am