Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
User1
densetsushun
Dubscythe
Fry1156
User
SlakeMoth
jsd201
skarekrow13
ChizFreak
13 posters

Playstation Vita Thread? Why not

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Playstation Vita Thread? Why not - Page 4 Empty Re: Playstation Vita Thread? Why not

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Yeah. I recommend anyone with plus, DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING!!!

I've been a day one member and filled a hard drive or two. Even the first games that were free I can download again any time I want. I had one scare in which I didn't play a game within the license time. Well....a quick delete and redownload later and there's my game, ready to go. Ok, so maybe that wasn't very quick on the PS3 but the price is right.

Emergence, I'll give BlazBlue a shot but I'm kinda wore out on fighters honestly. Have been for years. I'm really looking forward to Knytt Underground though. Zombie Tycoon II just isn't cutting it for me and I'm still a little ways away from getting Soul Sacrifice.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Playstation Vita Thread? Why not - Page 4 Empty Re: Playstation Vita Thread? Why not

Post by jaythibodeau Tue May 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Do any of you guys have Soul Sacrifice? Good god that game is fun. Too bad I'm already pretty far into it having only played ten hours. Good thing there's free DLC coming out later though.

Anyone know of any good RPGs that can be played on the Vita? I've still got $10.00 leftover.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Ihaven't come across vita specific ones but reliving some classics can be good. Wild Arms (one or two) for instance. For ten bucks there's probably a decent amount of games that would be fun.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat May 18, 2013 11:29 am

Dloading Knytt at the moment. Really like the Cross Buy feature, hope to see more of that. At the minimum I'd settle for the option to buy every game for either console or the vita. If indie devs can develop for both at once then I can't imagine it's that much of a leap for the big AAA titles.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Knytt is owning me. There are crazy hard puzzles.

Amazing art style with the primary reward being seeing more screens. Honestly, there's really not much to "reward" the player except discovery. That being said, it's still one of the most rewarding games in recent memory
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat May 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Just cleared an Avalon Pact in Souls Sacrifice. Really gives you a strong sense of accomplishment, reminded me of how I felt in Demon's or Monster Hunter. Something about returning to your home/hub/nexus to go over your spoils and respec is really rewarding.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I still need to get the full game (bday present) but the four pacts in the demo are awesome. I can solo the first two. Maybe....Maybe the Harpy. Cerberus is a new kind of hell. I've won in a team of three and a lot of times with a group of four but clear your schedule beforehand. That doggy is stubborn. But definitely, you're jacked when you win. I like the demo so much I collected a crazy amount of extra drops to upgrade my weapons. They limit how far you can go with them and then I collected more to upgrade once I get the full game
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat May 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Ah ok I've cleared the first two solo. I'm still playing the demo so I can't go online. If the next two are that tough it may be time to break down and by it. When is your special day?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 pm

It's a secret. There might be a few people who remember from last year though.

I bet you can beat the Harpy with the AI partners. Just choose which two wisely (fire) and learn how to run well. With human helpers I've run out of spells several times in one run and had to wait for the trees to grow back. So basically I ran around like a fool doing nothing for a good bit. Thankfully I had company

Tip: instead of waiting to replenish your casts at a tree...try to use two or three of each cast right away and use a tree. That way, you've hopefully used your magic to whittle a bit already, you didn't waste a replenishment spot since you used some of everything already, and there's less time to run around after you're completely out
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat May 18, 2013 1:38 pm

You don't keep blood salvo attuned as a last ditch spell for when you run out? I know it drains some health but it's unlimited casting. Can just heal up on the little monsters. That is pretty handy advice though on how to maximize the renewals.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 18, 2013 1:51 pm

I don't keep salvo on usually so I can maximize elemental spells but that's an option I've seen others use pretty well.

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat May 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Unless I'm missing something I'm finding the healing options underwhelming and yet feel handcuffed into using a slot for one. Does boosting ever increase the power is it only the amount of casts?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Boosting will do power upgrades too but not in the demo. Combining two items at three stars will show a power increase but won't let you combine in the demo.

Healing can save your bacon for the bigger bosses and especially online. If you save a friend online they get half your health. So if you want to keep your backup it's gonna cost you. I save healing items for that. Honestly, I'm finding it often goes unused in the story. There's also a sigil for your arm that boosts healing which is great
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat May 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Ok just cleared Harpy, that was a half hour go. Once she takes to the air her tracking ability is ludicrous. Love these boss designs, and the old school pattern tracking.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Did you try Cerberus yet? He's a lot harder solo because your allies kinda suck offline and Cerb is very aggressive. Basically, once you run out of spells, he's way tougher to avoid for long periods of time if you need to.

Also, I agree about the boss designs. If you haven't done it yet, go read the lore sections in Librom. Awesome backstory on most villains. And while you're talking to him, tap him with either the screen or touch pad
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun May 19, 2013 11:16 am

Not yet attempted Cerberus, making sure I have time before starting. And yes I read all the lore for the enemies and locations. Really enjoy the fresh twists on fantasy and fairy tale conventions. And yes I love screwing with Librom. I eased up for fear of some end game repurcussion where he does something like eat all your lachrima as payback.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 19, 2013 11:18 am

I'm waiting for a consequence too. Or a hidden trophy maybe.

Regarding Cerberus, hopefully you read the highlighted text notes too, remember the spear.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun May 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Cerberus be too much for these offline allies. We all wiped within 5 minutes. That one's a toughie. If it's this much of a challenge so soon, then I'm going to really enjoy myself.

Gave Knytt a go, beautiful art direction, wish the Vita version would have been retweaked for visibility, looks like a completely scaled port. I can barely read the dialogue bubbles, map and inventory. I think I'm going to play that one on the PS3 only. Music is so soothing. Reminds me of playing Outland.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 19, 2013 9:05 pm

This is crazy on Knytt. Been playing like crazy for days. Zero trophies. Game that makes you earn everything. Chapter 3 is nuts.

With soul sacrifice I wonder if the full game builds up to him more. Like maybe a few monsters between him and the Harpy.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 28, 2013 6:52 pm

Update on Knytt. I beat the game and managed zero trophies. I was gonna look up how to get them and said, nah....how many times am o going to feel satisfied with how awesome a game was, beat it and do literally none of the things the creator wanted me to do? Well done game

Also, got Soul Sacrifice today.....my free time is now accounted for
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 am

Soul Sacrifice is the bomb! The AI partners really get in the way though. But I really am loving it!

I know I have seen many people who seem to dislike healing. I have palyed one online game, and where it is useful is if you plan a team with other people and act as support. I used the fruit tree spells and area heal spells to help buff my teamates. We had one guy use mainly sheild and armor spells to tank, then we had a really physical fighter and an elemental caster. It is fun if you cam plan because then you can have "builds".
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed May 29, 2013 2:35 am

Is it stupid to get Playstation Plus and not have a Vita?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 29, 2013 11:57 am

Regarding Soul Sacrifice, I love how you can challenge Magusar at any point. After not landing a successful hit on him after immediately trying, I decided to give some of the Avalon Pacts a go. Also, I was impressed at the depth of the game just in the demo. After getting the full thing.....WOW!

Johnny, I'd recommend PS+ for anyone with a PS3, Vita or both. It's obviously the best value if you have both but you'll get your $50 and then some either way. I've played well over $100 of games since Vita got the Plus added (Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Knytt Underground were the three best and already over the $50 mark without all the other stuff I've had and briefly played)

I'm finally getting to play my PS3 Plus backlog that Dark Souls and Skyrim created and the list there is also pretty impressive. I've been finding that I've gotten a lot of games that I wouldn't have tried but really liked as well as a good number of games I wanted to play but either didn't have the money or couldn't justify with Dark Souls being active.

That's not to mention the cloud storage for save data (really saved my bacon when my old PS3 died and I didn't want to lose my Dark Souls data) and automatic patch and update downloads.

I've been a big advocate of Plus since it's inception so it has a thumbs up for me.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Double Post!

So the interwebz today have been going crazy with this twit...or is it tweet?

Anyway, long story short, it does appear Sony intends to use their acquisition of Gaikai to their full advantage and have the vast majority of PS4 games able to stream to the Vita!
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed May 29, 2013 4:21 pm

I read that earlier and was happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 am